Police donate 8 million baht to victims of NE Thailand massacre

webfact

54 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

<removed>

Clearly there is some guilt in need of assuaging.

This rush to throw money at the victim's families, in such a public display, seems crass to me. Seeing Prayuth handing out giant checks - at least that's what I thought those placards were - was a bad look, but maybe that's just how they roll here.

Totally agree.

It's all for the coming election. Blood money for the publicity.

When I make donations it is a private thing.

I do however, have more sympathy for the individual police that are making personal donations instead of tax payers money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Totally agree.

It's all for the coming election. Blood money for the publicity.

When I make donations it is a private thing.

I do however, have more sympathy for the individual police that are making personal donations instead of tax payers money.

Thai's always seem to make it public how much they donate as they want everyone to know they are good people.
Even at temples they announce on loud speakers how much each person has donated.

8 Million is roughly double the amount the Gov,t are obliged to hand over.

If that figure is correct

That equates to roughly ( give or take ) 300,000 per life or serious injury

Doesnt seem too much for the mayhem and carnage that this maniac bestowed on a community

7 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

No amount of money can heal the pain that this has caused.

Personally I would be insulted that a value was put on my kids life, and would make the point quite clear!

Although if you were living in poverty or in financial difficulties , you possible would gratefully accept the money .

Its easy to reject the money when you have enough money in the bank 

Blood money, essentially.

The Thai TV news is infuriating on this subject. They keep showing mawkish clips of how the families react, temple preparations, and of funeral arrangements (25 minutes tonight), but nobody appears to be able to, or want to, address the question of "How do we stop this happening again?"

I don't say that is an easy question to answer, but you certainly can't answer it if you don't ask the question in the first place.

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although if you were living in poverty or in financial difficulties , you possible would gratefully accept the money .

Its easy to reject the money when you have enough money in the bank 

I may well accept the payment! The point I was making had nothing to do with accepting or declining monies! The point was about putting value on a human life! 

Thank you for your input but I think you may have misunderstood the content and or context of my post.

Enjoy your day.

2 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

I may well accept the payment! The point I was making had nothing to do with accepting or declining monies! The point was about putting value on a human life! 

Thank you for your input but I think you may have misunderstood the content and or context of my post.

Enjoy your day.

The only way to not put value on human life would be to give no money at all , give nothing to them at all