Operators urged to limit road freight this long weekend

snoop1130

If necessary, the operators can run trucks during this period, but they need to make sure that their vehicles and parts are in good condition, and that the drivers are well-rested and sober while on duty. Drivers are reminded to drive carefully, strictly adhere to the speed limits, avoid stopping on road shoulders, and stay in the leftmost lane.

Couldn't above also imply if operators are "not" driving during this period (13-16 Oct) but during another period that their vehicles don't have to be in good condition, drivers don't have to be well-rested and sober while on duty, and don't have to adhere to road safety?....You know, all too typical truck driving in Thailand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Department of Land Transport

They don't pay my bills!!!! I gotta get this shipment of 100 tones of bricks 600 km or I can't eat!!  And I gotta go all night!!!!     If not, someone else will take my 1000 baht.    

urges...... hahahhahahahhahahahhahaha

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If necessary, the operators can run trucks during this period, but they need to make sure that their vehicles and parts are in good condition, and that the drivers are well-rested and sober while on duty. Drivers are reminded to drive carefully, strictly adhere to the speed limits, avoid stopping on road shoulders, and stay in the leftmost lane.

He added "Don't worry, things can go back to normal after the holiday weekend".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Tuesday you can go back to normal driving.?

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The Tuesday you can go back to normal driving.?

With the trucks not in good condition and the drivers need not be well rested nor sober? ????

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1