Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine

webfact

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and no. China unless they have a revolution is intent on eventually taking Taiwan. They were never going to be as reckless and foolish as Putin who has really lost the plot invading Ukraine in the first place. They are very patient. 

The only way it is likely to happen is if they *do* have a revolution, and the reason being is invasion would provide the restive masses with the old "external forces" distraction, a desperate move to keep the CCP from imploding due to mass dissent. 

Even so, I doubt very much China will see a popular uprising ever. The grip of the CCP is sophisticated and the brainwashing has been as extensive and successful as the way the west has trained its own citizens to unquestionably fear and demonise every mind-altering substance that exists, along with all their responsible adult users -apart from highly addictive and deadly, ethyl alcohol.

What is more likely to happen in China, is a rebel cadre at the highest levels will attempt a coup -for its own ends, but will of course, dress it up to get their tribe to go along with them. 

This will then lead to a gradual factionalism and perhaps eventually civil war. 

Even if all the horrors that are likely to befall China happen, they won't dislodge the party. 

But it remains to be seen if they can convince broke and starving middle classes that Taiwan is worth invading. Taiwan will look increasingly prosperous as China declines faster and harder, the west is already reverting manufacturing home, it doesn't have a choice, and if it did, would likely do so anyway. Our love affair with cheap stuff wasn't worth it after all. 

Edited by chalawaan

6 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Good for Thailand! Make a bit of a stand against this phony war, pursued by the Neocons and cretins of the Biden administration, war mongering imbeciles who have lost most of their credibility on the world stage, but backed by the despotic unelected, undemocratic sheep of the floundering mess that is the EU!

Now that is a word salad! Well done...

????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobbin said:

The West is not fighting. The Ukrainians are winning, using high-quality Western weapons, not post (but still) Soviet, shall we say say less than optimum equipment.

And even when the Ukrainians use captured Soviet relics, they can still effectively use them to kill ex Russian accountants and burger slingers with a days worth of military training, foot bindings, and first aid kits made up of tampons. 

I really felt for those guys getting on the buses, with their wives, mothers, sweethearts and kids in tears. 

But this is their reward for sitting back and swallowing the post-Soviet rhetoric since kindergarten.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The risk is definitely up there and hasn't been this high since the Cuban missile crisis and it was quite high back then to the point where it was really really close to actually happening because of a miscommunication.

As back then, neither side actually wants full nuclear war. 

But once the insidious ladder of escalation gets going, irrational things can much more easily happen.

Putin doesn't want nuclear war and the west certainly doesn't either.  

Putin is using the threat of starting to use nukes to intimidate Ukraine and the west to give it all up. 

That won't work and he must know that.

So he's definitely playing with fire.

To quantify the specific risk is impossible though. 

That said there is a big difference between now and then.

Back then it was MAD or nothing.

Now the supposed option of a limited nuclear attack is in the conversation with the presumption that won't lead to MAD.

That's very dangerous thinking because it probably would lead to MAD.

Probably scenario if Putin starts.

Some kind of limited use.

The west responds with massive power without nukes.

Then Putin responds. He would have already used nukes. How could he do something less in response?

Putin might have enough control to authorize a tactical nuclear strike.. but Russia proper has been informed in advance what the Nato response will be. Complete annihilation of Russian troops and materiel in Ukraine, The "shock and awe " of the attack on Baghdad will look like a "son et lumiere" in comparison..

At that point, Russians will resolve the "Putin problem" themselves, rather than escalate.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, DD86 said:

The globalist puppets can be anything they want. Read the protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Blame the Jews, how original!

Wasn't that written by the geezer that got his pretty daughter incinerated for his troubles?

Dear oh dear!

As King Charles is wont to mutter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Noris said:

"Iraq was a disaster" Yes, we British supplied him with everything to make it a disaster and never said a word while the money rolled in. Your replay to my post shows symptoms of mass hypnosis. With respect. So Cruise missiles are far better than barrel bombs used by Bashar al-Assad.  You shock me with your one side view "Mass Murderer" No countries in the World have killed more than the UK and the USA Nato. It would be funny if not so serious. Ops the drone just hit a wedding party in Afghanistan and shucks! we thought it was a gang of armed men. Propaganda rampant. Concentration Camps we think Nazi. Well no it was we British in the best possible taste in South Africa killed thousands of Boers in the worst ways. Now as to the rest of my post, being silly ? Would that be due to the inability to answer? "Belgrade, the west went in to stop MUSLIMS being mass-murdered" what a load of hogwash. So that pesky Putin could say the same thing. To stop Russians being killed by Ukraine forces. We Bombed all those people to stop them from being killed by others, LOL. I stop here, as it is your reply that really does not warrant the time. With respect Sir. And thanks for the invite. Oh, did you know Ukraine has been bombing civilians and blaming it on Russia?

We were done after your last post, matey. I'll let someone else waste their priceless time debating you. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Putin might have enough control to authorize a tactical nuclear strike.. but Russia proper has been informed in advance what the Nato response will be. Complete annihilation of Russian troops and materiel in Ukraine, The "shock and awe " of the attack on Baghdad will look like a "son et lumiere" in comparison..

At that point, Russians will resolve the "Putin problem" themselves, rather than escalate.

There are many possible actual escalation scenarios and once it gets started the more chances for tragic errors.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Noris said:

"Iraq was a disaster" Yes, we British supplied him with everything to make it a disaster and never said a word while the money rolled in. Your replay to my post shows symptoms of mass hypnosis. With respect. So Cruise missiles are far better than barrel bombs used by Bashar al-Assad.  You shock me with your one side view "Mass Murderer" No countries in the World have killed more than the UK and the USA Nato. It would be funny if not so serious. Ops the drone just hit a wedding party in Afghanistan and shucks! we thought it was a gang of armed men. Propaganda rampant. Concentration Camps we think Nazi. Well no it was we British in the best possible taste in South Africa killed thousands of Boers in the worst ways. Now as to the rest of my post, being silly ? Would that be due to the inability to answer? "Belgrade, the west went in to stop MUSLIMS being mass-murdered" what a load of hogwash. So that pesky Putin could say the same thing. To stop Russians being killed by Ukraine forces. We Bombed all those people to stop them from being killed by others, LOL. I stop here, as it is your reply that really does not warrant the time. With respect Sir. And thanks for the invite. Oh, did you know Ukraine has been bombing civilians and blaming it on Russia?

Oh I don't know, Stalin massacred quite a few Ukrainians, around 4 to 5 million last count.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For all the "what about" posters..

Of course international politics is not black and white. It's shades of grey (50 shades?).

The "Great Game" as it was known in the 19th Century..

But Putin and his fellow "horsemen" are turning Blacker by the day..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

What media do you get your news from then? Because in my personal selection that includes Russian media it all points to the same conclusions, a war of choice by Putin with genocidal rhetoric from his generals and officials.

At that is it at the end of the day, opinions, that said, if the west didn't provoke Putin and came to an agreement, there wouldn't be a war, that said, not everyone gets what they want, but with wars there are no winners except the elite.

I will let you work that one out, and at the end of the day, the war will end and territories will become Russia's, it just depends on how long the west want to keep it up, because in my opinion, the west aren't helping and won't beat Russia in adding more territory from Ukraine, like it or not, that is the reality of it all, i.e. unless they want a full scale nuclear war.

Russia is not Syria or Iraq etc, and Ukraine cannot win, as I said, the only ones that win are the elite who plan this stuff and know the outcome and how much they will make, never enough.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

At that is it at the end of the day, opinions, that said, if the west didn't provoke Putin and came to an agreement, there wouldn't be a war, that said, not everyone gets what they want, but with wars there are no winners except the elite.

I will let you work that one out, and at the end of the day, the war will end and territories will become Russia's, it just depends on how long the west want to keep it up, because in my opinion, the west aren't helping and won't beat Russia in adding more territory from Ukraine, like it or not, that is the reality of it all, i.e. unless they want a full scale nuclear war.

Russia is not Syria or Iraq etc, and Ukraine cannot win, as I said, the only ones that win are the elite who plan this stuff and know the outcome and how much they will make, never enough.

How do you think the west provoked Russia? I'm interested in your opinion, perhaps you can work that one out. In return I'll then give you some evidence of why.

Bye the way, Ukraine is winning back now, perhaps you missed that in your research.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

How do you think the west provoked Russia? I'm interested in your opinion, perhaps you can work that one out. In return I'll then give you some evidence of why.

Bye the way, Ukraine is winning back now, perhaps you missed that in your research.

Not interested in debating what I believe and what you believe, at the end of the day, it will be what will be and if you believe what you believe, then we will see at the end of it, who gained what.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not interested in debating what I believe and what you believe, at the end of the day, it will be what will be and if you believe what you believe, then we will see at the end of it, who gained what.

Oh ok I thought you had come on the thread to debate and possibly add some credibility to your claims, my mistake, in that case I'll leave you with this:

Russian General and Deputy Defense Committee Chairman Vladimir Shamanov, one of Putin's henchmen

"Our nation was built through territorial enlargement outside of the boundaries of our nation, regardless of the nationality, that person is Russian. We stand far apart from other nations, surpassing all others, our superiority is recognized worldwide

We'll need to take 20 - 40 years changing one or two generations to fully uproot this disease, it won't be easy, it has to be under our control, no need to delude ourselves that somebody else will do this for us. Thinking Ukrainians would greet us with flowers was one of the main mistakes, we felt it in the first 5 days. We don't know the future mindset of the population, or our future relations with neighbouring countries.

A long time period is ahead of us when we will be the only ones present in Ukraine, because we have to fully demilitarize Ukraine and this is not a simple issue, it will take 5 to 10 years. Secondly its denazification which will be happening simultaneously and the formation of the government."

Source

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, petey123 said:

reading the above comments, it is clear how effective the intensive "western" propaganda machine has been.    this war with its increasing death and destruction can be laid squarely at the feet of the empire of lies and its puppetry.    the nazi-influenced regime had been conducting wholesale slaughter of russians living in the east of that corrupt country since 2014 and v. putin finally decided it had to end.   he had stated late last year that war could be avoided if the empire/puppetry gave up their plan to push nato up to the russian border by inviting ukraine to join and if the latter allowed limited autonomy to its russian-speaking citizens, per the minsk agreement.    the arrogant parties of the "west"  refused to even talk, seeing the ukraine as a means to weaken russia as a potential rival to the empire.    since then the bankrupt empire (31 trillion plus dollars debt) has been hurling billions into the ukraine to keep young ukrainian and russian men dying, cheered on by the corrupt media and the arms merchants.    as an aside, when the west talks about the importance of maintaining  "territorial integrity," it would be good to remember that the empire intensely bombed serbia to enable kosovo to declare its independence and that, today, the empire's troops are garrisoning a significant portion of northeast syria while stealing syrian petroleum....

good on ya Pavloh and kudos to Thailand for not joining the insanity....      

God another Russian troll

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Funkymover said:

Because they are selfish cowards who only think about themselves and money they can get from the rich russian tourists.. 

It could possibly backfire, probably a substantial number are fleeing rather than holidaying - visas expire, cash gets short, possibly end up looking for some sort of work - legally ?