Indian businessman attacked by "drunk" Thai woman after trouble over lost key card fine

webfact

I forgot to give back my room key once when I checked out of a hotel in Korat.

Being a good man I later put the key in an envelope and sent it back to the hotel via mail thinking everything was ok!

A year later I returned to the same hotel and the cleaningwoman immediately confronted me and accused me of not giving back the key,

and said she was blamed for the loss and was fined 50 baht by the hotelmanagement, and demanded me to pay her back...  which I did! ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

But it is the start of a new day, so after midnight, it can be considered the morning. Mornings can be dark as well. 

As in 00.01 AM- the clue is in the AM…

I do agree however that it isn’t a big deal. 

Just call it dark-o-clock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

There is NO   0.01 AM.  12:01 p.m. is fine, but you can't mix with military time!!!! NO NO NO.  lol

If you want to use 0.00 then you DON'T need the AM or PM, that's why there is military time.

Back to "infant" school for you!!!!!!!

"If you want to use 0.00 then you DON'T need the AM or PM".

Back to infant school for you also.  "Military" time is expressed as 0000, not 00.00 or 0.00.  One minute past midnight is 0001 or 0001 hours.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, plahgat said:

A year later I returned to the same hotel and the cleaningwoman immediately confronted me and accused me of not giving back the key,

and said she was blamed for the loss and was fined 50 baht by the hotelmanagement, and demanded me to pay her back...  which I did!

Not just the bargirls with elephant memories then.......

Maids usually have a pass key..... seems harsh for her to get blamed.... it always goes downhill I suppose.

Hilarious comments indeed... report is about an indian who got hurt from an act of rage..

- did he have a work permit? didn't realise he needed one to get whacked on his face with a temperature stand...

- his price of 1000 for the card was outrageous! well its not a price regulated item (not similar to pharma or pork) in this jurisdiction. so its 'upto him'....

as we all know, any exceptional charges (outside the norm) are not regulated in most consumer scenarios... when we buy an airline ticket, the price is mostly competetive, however, if we want it changed to another date, we are at the airlines' mercy..

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

An Indian, A woman, Have to ask if this was the meat and two veg sort of woman, or someone daft enough not to know they will be arrested at the airport as their id is known

Wasn't it a Thai?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

well thats what I remember from grade one at infant school.

Apparently, based on the comments in this thread, the business of the big hand and the small hand remain a mystery to several people.

The discussion dealing with hotel room keys also implies another bridge too far for a few posters. Deposits for room keys?? Do they also check to make sure the beds and curtains haven’t gone missing in these establishments?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

there not suppose to be "fine" for losing key card. 

It was not deliberate action, not her fault.

There might be replacement costs. But not making profit for the business. They have already made money by renting room.

Probably it would be wiser not to report lost card and just walk out from hotel, without saying anything.

Once I have lost hotel key card and fearing penalty charges I just walked out. I won't be able to come back there for sometimes, probably a year or two. In that hotel there was a laminated price list for every item in the room, in case of replacement. Key card was not listed there.  

It is common practice in hotels that if you lose your key card, you pay for a replacement.

It's also why many hotels ask for a returnable deposit upon checking in against any damages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

there not suppose to be "fine" for losing key card. 

It was not deliberate action, not her fault.

Most hotels want you to leave the key at the desk when you leave. Obviously she didn't do that. It's her fault deliberate or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

AM so yes it is morning 00.01am untill 12.01pm then it is after-noon.???? well thats what I remember from grade one at infant school.

12:00am is midnight and 12:00pm is noon, from what I remember.  I keep getting Lines from my doctors office telling me that the doctor will be in from 10:30am-12:00am.  Drives me bonkers.  I Line them back telling them 12:00am is midnight, but I guess they never read it.  ????

39 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Deposits for room keys?? Do they also check to make sure the beds and curtains haven’t gone missing in these establishments?

yep. I've been made to wait on checkout on quite a few occasions whilst reception radio housekeeping so that they can conduct a room inspection. 

mostly lower-end hotels because I'm too poor to stay at the Ritz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Back to infant school for you also.  "Military" time is expressed as 0000, not 00.00 or 0.00.  One minute past midnight is 0001 or 0001 hours.

what has military got to do with it? it is simple 24 hour time.

11 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Correct me I'm wrong but when I was in the military many years ago, it was 2359 and 0001, 0000 did not exist?

0000 existed (midnight), but for near future 2359 could have a date eg 2359 5/11/2022. 

0000/5/11/2022 could be confusing, eg start or end of day 5/11/2022

Edited by overherebc

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

what has military got to do with it? it is simple 24 hour time.

Ask the poster to whom I was responding, he used the term "military time" but, having said that, it is a term that can be used.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1