Indian businessman attacked by "drunk" Thai woman after trouble over lost key card fine

webfact

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
6 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Even when it is not you fault? Remind me to never rent you a room. You are such a honest guy.

charging 1k for a 20 baht keycard is peak dishonesty.

The actual keycard my cost 20 baht, or not , but the keycard did not just magically appear with no door lock, computer to program the key and no software to run the system. Did you ever think of that? As soon as all that has been paid for with interest and labor costs, I am sure the hotel will gladly only charge 20 baht for replacements.  ????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

1,000 baht was a rip off

The actual keycard my cost 20 baht, or not , but the keycard did not just magically appear with no door lock, computer to program the key and no software to run the system. Did you ever think of that? As soon as all that has been paid for with interest and labor costs, I am sure the hotel will gladly only charge 20 baht for replacements.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

I didn't see any suggestion they should only charge ฿20, but rather something more realistic than ฿1000.  Keycards are consumables for a hotel. Buy a box of 100 and the cost falls to something like ฿12 each. They take seconds to program.  I have a programmer - cost me about ฿600.  The lock readers are around ฿400-600. This is not expensive technology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

he is even employing thai staff.

So he has work permit, owns property, runs his multiple businesses.

If he hadn't got work permit, he would not report this accident to police but just went to hospital

Now now don't be logical. The dimwits will cry foul ????

4 hours ago, worldexpress said:

I see "indian,"  I click. But I don't always read the article. ????

Go Vikings, hope they have a good game in Miami, can't take another heart attack special, getting too old for them

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

charging 1k for a 20 baht keycard is peak dishonesty.

I bought an airticket.

later on, had to change dates. got charged;

- new fare for the new date

- change fee.

Would you consider 'change fee', unacceptable?

4 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

I bought an airticket.

later on, had to change dates. got charged;

- new fare for the new date

- change fee.

Would you consider 'change fee', unacceptable?

Someone has to slave over a hot keyboard for 2 minutes to make those changes.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Does the Indian man have a work permit to run his hotel?

Just a thought.

What a ridiculous statement, and very unjust !  Indians  have been in Thailand for a hundred years and todays population  were mostly  born in Thailand. They run their  Businesses and mind their own business,  unlike many on this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Presumably people lose card when outside of room. So what happens to your stuff. 

Should just verify that she is the occupier of the room, then give her a replacement card, max Baht 100. More is just a rip off. Welcome to Thailand

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

My neighbors are Indian but have been Thai citizens for generations.  I was surprised when they complained they had to get Sinovac because they were Thai.  huh?  They explained it to me, sort of.  Something to do with something that happened right after WWII, East Pakistan, Bangladesh........something I learned in high school a long long time ago but have long forgotten.

Indians first arrived in Singapore , Malaysia and eventually Thailand a hundred years ago, plus. 
They were  brought over to work the rubber plantations , mines , etc and were treated with an iron hand , basically slavery. Many stuck it out as they are very hard workers and made money, settled in those countries and clever enough to get themselves educated . I know a few families in Pattaya that went that way and now have very good lives . You rarely hear anything negative about the Indian community in Pattaya or elsewhere. I was born in the UK and had many friends , neighbors, and local businesses of Indian origin., They fit in, unlike many other people who have foreign origins. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

there not suppose to be "fine" for losing key card. 

It was not deliberate action, not her fault.

There might be replacement costs. But not making profit for the business. They have already made money by renting room.

Probably it would be wiser not to report lost card and just walk out from hotel, without saying anything.

Once I have lost hotel key card and fearing penalty charges I just walked out. I won't be able to come back there for sometimes, probably a year or two. In that hotel there was a laminated price list for every item in the room, in case of replacement. Key card was not listed there.  

But if she had booked in earlier she probably still had belongings in the room which she could not get to. The report is not very clear.

4 hours ago, geisha said:

You rarely hear anything negative about the Indian community in Pattaya or elsewhere. I was born in the UK and had many friends , neighbors, and local businesses of Indian origin., They fit in, unlike many other people who have foreign origins. 

Except for the ones who try to sell you tailored 'Armani' suits on the street

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If it's midnight and dark I'll always consider it night, not morning. The clue is in the word - midnight (middle of the night). No big deal.

In Thailand at least.

There are places where midday is as dark as night, for parts of the year (and midnight is as bright as daytime six months later).

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Most hotels I have stayed in require a key deposit when checking in

200-500 baht so you know the cost up front, luckily so far I have never lost the key or receipt. If going out to bars etc at night I leave my key at reception.

Not been asked for a key deposit since the 90' and i have stayed in an awful lot of hotels in Thailand, maybe I have an honest face

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

But it is the start of a new day, so after midnight, it can be considered the morning. Mornings can be dark as well. 

As in 00.01 AM- the clue is in the AM…

I do agree however that it isn’t a big deal. 

Group hug?