Indian businessman attacked by "drunk" Thai woman after trouble over lost key card fine

webfact

13 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Amazing and sad the speed that old habits get reinstated in Thailand. The land of smiles has a very dark side. Why does this happen? There is totaly no need for such agression.

Indeed, while the 1000 is ridiculous. That is a good question: What is with these thai locas here ? Zero to wacko in 2.3 seconds.

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

Not been asked for a key deposit since the 90' and i have stayed in an awful lot of hotels in Thailand, maybe I have an honest face

Try the honest rooms for your honest face but take your temperature before as facilities are currently unavailable ????

15 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

The discussion dealing with hotel room keys also implies another bridge too far for a few posters. Deposits for room keys?? Do they also check to make sure the beds and curtains haven’t gone missing in these establishments?

Rhetorical question or not?

Because of course they do, and the TV, hairdryer, stained sheets and towels etc etc.....

The deposit is the hook to ensure you give them time to check the room, before you go. They keep a price-list of room items ready! Strangely enough, magnetic key-cards don't seem to be an issue at the place i often stay. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

In Thailand at least.

There are places where midday is as dark as night, for parts of the year (and midnight is as bright as daytime six months later).

Absolutely. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Finnish Arctic, both in mid-summer and mid-winter. Played tennis at midnight, in fact.

15 hours ago, 10baht said:

Did you ever think of that?

of course I did, I just didn't come to the same rediculous conclusion that you did. those costs are part of the hotel's normal operating budget and and are defrayed over many years.

I suspect that they quote such silly prices so as to put the fear of God up their customers so that they'll take extra care of the keys. replacing them ten times a day can't be particularly pleasant. 

but actually charging the penalty? that's just a wee bit silly and will lose them goodwill and repeat custom.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Because of course they do, and the TV, hairdryer, stained sheets and towels etc etc.....

The deposit is the hook to ensure you give them time to check the room, before you go. They keep a price-list of room items ready! Strangely enough, magnetic key-cards don't seem to be an issue at the place i often stay

They always "check the room" when you are settling the bill.  I found out the hard way because once a long time ago checked out before I was finished packing and I went back to the room to get my stuff and caught the maid drinking my 1/2 bottle of wine I left (and was going to take with me) in the room.  Seriously po'd. Never did that again.  

Edited by LivingNThailand
typo

I must admit I'm somewhat startled by the majority of the comments totally ignoring the injuries the man sustained from his attacker. Seems the hotel charging for a replacement key card is much more important. And since the Victim is Indian, he obviously is violating every labor law in the land.

And to settle the other irrelevant argument raised by commenters is whether the time between midnight and noon is properly referred to as "morning". The definition of "morning" in the Oxford dictionary is:

morn·ing
[ˈmɔːnɪŋ]

NOUN
  1. the period of time between midnight and noon, especially from sunrise to noon:
    "I've got a meeting this morning" · 
    synonyms:
    before noon · before lunch(time) · a.m. · morn · forenoon

Personally, I have always called these hours morning.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:18 PM, flexomike said:

Go Vikings, hope they have a good game in Miami, can't take another heart attack special, getting too old for them

If history is any guide, this is around the time of the season when the chocking starts and the wheels start to come off whenever they're off to a good start. I've learned not to get too excited too early. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 10:57 PM, Iamfalang said:

There is NO   0.01 AM.  12:01 p.m. is fine, but you can't mix with military time!!!! NO NO NO.  lol

If you want to use 0.00 then you DON'T need the AM or PM, that's why there is military time.

Back to "infant" school for you!!!!!!!

and no sleep time!!!!!!  

If you want to be pernickety about it ... military time would be 0001 hours.   No decimal points.  
I don't know how many times I signed out for leave, when in the Army, at 0001 hours.   ????