Requirements needed for 1 year extension based on retirement

Can someone tell me (or give me a link) about the current requirements? The 800.000 THB is in the bank for many years. Especially I would like to know if I need a rental agreement and a hand drawn map to my home as I read somewhere.

This Pattaya Expats Club link is as good as any  -  as are many threads on here if you search.

No map - that is usually just for marriage based extensions. You need to evidence your address - a copy of your TM30 and rental agreement should suffice. Take the original and copy.

https://pcec.club/Retirement#:~:text=Pattaya City Expats Club - Retirement&text=If you are the holder,and renew the extension annually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office. 

Is this extension the first? 

Immigration office at Kapchoeng or Surin; both seems to be possible. 2,5

years ago i made an extension at Kapchoeng; expired and  2 months ago I came back into Thailand wit a Non-O multiple visa

1.  Most offices will accept a Google Map these days - and yes it may be required for retirement extensions - has always been asked here in Bangkok.

2.  Proof of residence can vary but here in Bangkok they accept my TM30 receipt.

3.  You can only extend at office serving your reported residence.

37 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  Most offices will accept a Google Map these days - and yes it may be required for retirement extensions - has always been asked here in Bangkok.

2.  Proof of residence can vary but here in Bangkok they accept my TM30 receipt.

3.  You can only extend at office serving your reported residence.

Thank you for information, before all people near and around Surin had to go to Kapchoeng. Now there is also a new office at city Surin.For my TM 30 I could go to Kapchoeng or Surin the office told by phone. Point 3 does it mean that I can extend now only at the office where I made my TM 30?

7 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

Thank you for information, before all people near and around Surin had to go to Kapchoeng. Now there is also a new office at city Surin.For my TM 30 I could go to Kapchoeng or Surin the office told by phone. Point 3 does it mean that I can extend now only at the office where I made my TM 30?

In that case you may will be able to use either office as both in the same province.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:15 AM, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office. 

Is this extension the first? 

Sorry to ask, I follow this forum everyday but I see different requirements as example; map to your home, picture you stay in front of your home showing home and homenumber, rental agreement or just TM 30 and electricity /internet bills in your name, copies from every passport page, or just ID page/visa page and arrival stamp.. Maybe better to ask the immigration office what they exactly want?

14 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

Maybe better to ask the immigration office what they exactly want?

Did my annual extension based  on retirement yesterday at CW.

Immigration is an absolute joke.

Even at same office things can change like the weather.

So yesterday......

Request for 90 day report receipt.

I have never been asked for this previously.

They did not ask for TM30 or Lease. 

Perhaps the 90 report receipt covered that. 

Request for bank statements....

Apparently as my account is used infrequently the absence of any transactions for some months is an issue.

Had to write a statement on bottom of form that I would bring bank statements next year. 

That all occured when was sent up the food chain to more senior io.

I was only "let off" this major crime when I pointed out in the same bankbook that this occured every year. (I use a dedicated bank account)

Why never a problem previously. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So yesterday......

Apparently as my account is used infrequently the absence of any transactions for some months is an issue.

Had to write a statement on bottom of form that I would bring bank statements next year. 

They have collected 90 day for last several years - and also the TM-30 from me.  I have no lease but live with wife and likely they still have that data in computer (although have used retirement for last decade).  

Believe bank statements are a normal ask now with new retirement funds in account rules (they had to lean how to read for income method no embassy letter countries) - passbooks often are updated with missing transactions if not done every month or two so could be used to hid account balance going low.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They have collected 90 day for last several years - and also the TM-30 from me.  I have no lease but live with wife and likely they still have that data in computer (although have used retirement for last decade).  

Believe bank statements are a normal ask now with new retirement funds in account rules (they had to lean how to read for income method no embassy letter countries) - passbooks often are updated with missing transactions if not done every month or two so could be used to hid account balance going low.

Don't agree with much of that.

I have never been asked for 90 day receipt. (Extensions for 10 years) .

Never been asked for TM30. 

As I mentioned, my dedicated bank account that previously had almost zero transactions was accepted without issue in the past. 

Why not this visit to "wonderland".

Why was I made to write "I will provide bank statements next year"...

That was a rhetorical question.

The reason I had to write that and reminded again when pp finally handed back was "to save face" 

Why not be reminded to make a transaction every month instead of bank statements.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't agree with much of that.

I have never been asked for 90 day receipt. (Extensions for 10 years) .

Never been asked for TM30. 

As I mentioned, my dedicated bank account that previously had almost zero transactions was accepted without issue in the past. 

And as I said "from me".

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So yesterday......

That all occured when was sent up the food chain to more senior io.

I was only "let off" this major crime when I pointed out in the same bankbook that this occured every year. (I use a dedicated bank account)

Why never a problem previously. 

They like to keep us 'on our toes'. Did mine yesterday too. Although I had removed the last 90 day report confirmation (I've been home so it didn't apply) the squad leader didn't query it nor did she request a bank statement on this or on future occasions. What she did do was unstaple both my 'Receipts of Notification Of Address Changes' dated 2017 and 2018 and told me to go get photocopies of these. Something never previously requested. I can't think of any valid reason why these photocopies would be relevant to today's application for retirement extension?

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And as I said "from me".

Not the point.

My post here and in current thread I started on this is about having consistency.

They make up rules/requirements depending on the weather.

I dont complain about stupid things like a hand drawn map.

What I would complain about is turning up with a hand drawn map and being told to provide Google map. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I can't think of any valid reason why these photocopies would be relevant to today's application for retirement extension?

Most of us in our working life need to feel a purpose.

Some relevance. 

My guess is these clerks long for that. 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most of us in our working life need to feel a purpose.

Some relevance. 

My guess is these clerks long for that. 

Something has definitely changed, at least at my IO. A different squad leader this year for sure. Previously, I've elected for the VIP service where you rang for an appointment, gave them your photocopies and sat on the chair for 5 seconds only for the deskcam photo. They did the TM7 completion for you and there was no nonsense about signing every photostat page or finding extra things to make you run about.   

1 hour ago, Sjoerd said:

Sorry to ask, I follow this forum everyday but I see different requirements as example; map to your home, picture you stay in front of your home showing home and homenumber, rental agreement or just TM 30 and electricity /internet bills in your name, copies from every passport page, or just ID page/visa page and arrival stamp.. Maybe better to ask the immigration office what they exactly want?

Yes, that is always the best approach, go to the immi office and ask the latest requirements. A lot of offices will have a list that they are happy to give you.

Go to your local I/O and make an appointment for your visa extension.  Then ask your friendly I/O to give you a list of paperwork you will need for this extensions, (helpful for getting the right papers from your bank)  maybe you do not need to do this, but I find it simplifies the procedure, and you do not have to go back with new papers..   

At my local I/O, this also ensures that the right official is at the office when needed to sign of the extension..

Getting the right paperwork fom your bank  can be a pain, as some bank's software will not update your statement unles you make a transaction

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, that is always the best approach, go to the immi office and ask the latest requirements. A lot of offices will have a list that they are happy to give you.

If the immigration office had a list it should be available on a website. 

That would be way too helpful. 

Regards visiting immigration.....I deal with CW and it's a major gig just on the travel side of things.

As for "asking immigration" I was there yesterday and it was a major hurdle to discuss minor a thing. 

Guess that can be down to language barrier and I don't blame them for that. 

14 minutes ago, Robin said:

Then ask your friendly I/O to give you a list of paperwork you will need for this extensions, (helpful for getting the right papers from your bank)  maybe you do not need to do this, but I find it simplifies the procedure, and you do not have to go back with new papers..   

You make it sound like they provide tea and biscuits.

I'm sure small offices perhaps have the time and ability to be helpful.

Check out CW one day.

As for knowing what to bring regards banking.

I use money in the bank.

The most simple method.

Here is two pics from same account used for extensions. 

The red circle is from yesterday's circus.

Bank statements demanded due to no transactions for 4 months.

The other pic (red dot) highlight no transactions for approx 4 months.

That was fine in the past however not yesterday. 

IMG_20221020_073516_977~2.jpg

IMG_20221020_093443_742~2.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Bank statements demanded due to no transactions for 4 months.

The other pic (red dot) highlight no transactions for approx 4 months.

That was fine in the past however not yesterday. 

Jeez, you've haunted this forum for years. And you seem amazed that many of us (not necessarily at CW) have had to provide a 12-month snapshot of our bank account -- while you only had to provide photocopies of your passbook pages. Why? Well (duh) because if you have a multi month gap in transactions in your passbook -- it just may mean the consolidated entry is disguising a dip below minimums required. Gotcha this year. Sorry. Maybe bring the whole packet next year -- 90 day report, TM30, maps, bank statements, whatever the latest read on possible requirements. Be prepared for the worst, and hope for the best.

Why complain about Imm trying to identify possible cheats. Just feel good that they let you get away with the bank statement absence -- until next year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I have been using Bangkok IO for 31 years first the office was off Rama 4 then to CW. Had new house build finished 7 day after I arrived, lived there every since.  Seams that each year there is something different, new form which is not on Line, sign the papers , don't sign the until in front of them. Copy  of wife's Home Registration, next year don't need this don't this now fill out new form ECT:  

Edited by Dickp
Add some info
  • Thumbs Up 1