Didn't get an arrival / departure card (TM6) - What am I supposed to do ?

Hi guys !

I was looking into the necessary paperwork to get a tourist visa extension and my TM7 form indicates that I need to provide my TM6 number aka arrival/departure card number.

Problem is I didn't get that card so I won't be able to provide any number at all.

How am I supposed to sort that out to get my extension ?

Thanks for your help ????

PS: who is supposed to give you that TM6 card? The immigration officdr at the airport checkpoint?

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

If you're not issued one, it is not required. Again common sense common sense. But Opps 80% people in this forum does no have common sense. I did not come to this forum to ask for meaningless advice when I got my extension without a TM6. 

Perhaps the questioner thought it may have been an oversight by those who used to issue them. Not everyone is clairvoyant or a smart <deleted>.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

How many times have you flown here ? Unless of course you are Thai.

Last time was years ago.

I remember the 1900THB fee but that's about it.

At the time I was on ED visas though.

Anyway, I knew that card existed at some point for sure but the memory of it simply faded away I guess ????

2 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Last time was years ago.

I remember the 1900THB fee but that's about it.

At the time I was on ED visas though.

Anyway, I knew that card existed at some point for sure but the memory of it simply faded away I guess ????

Fair enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

I asked on the immigration on the airport, and their answer was it is not used anymore. You can find the arrivaldate and  airport in your passport.  

But I had to go to the immigration office for notifying my adress and to get a new form of 90 days and that worked very well.

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:39 AM, Onerak said:

If you're not issued one, it is not required. Again common sense common sense. But Opps 80% people in this forum does no have common sense. I did not come to this forum to ask for meaningless advice when I got my extension without a TM6. 

Ouch !!!

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Used to get TM6 on the plane if my memory isn't cattle trucked, fill it in and hand it to immigration on arrval & get it back again, then hand it in again at the end of your visit, waste of time IMO.

yes correct used to get it from airline staff

23 hours ago, silver sea said:

Periodically, people wonder out loud why there are so few posters on this site; it’s the same small group of people who always post. Why is that? Your post ^^^ is the answer. No one likes to be publicly flamed so they remain silent or they join another website which is more polite and tolerant.

if in doubt, you should feel able to ask any question on this site. Better than going to Immigration and then causing a blockage in the queue because you have not prepared your paperwork properly.

Never assume that your common sense is perfect. If you assume you may make an “ass” out of “u” and “me” (ass + u + me = assume. Yes, ok I’ll get my coat)

couldn't have put it better Cobba

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:39 AM, Onerak said:

Has it not occurred to you that, just as 80% of people on this forum might be lacking in the common sense department, so might 80% of immigration officers? You may well have got your extension without a TM6 as, indeed, did I a few months ago. But is it not possible that we were both extremely fortunate in dealing with immigration officers who might have formed part of the 20% of their number who are the proud possessors of that particular commodity called common sense? In these circumstances the OP's concerns strike me as being perfectly legitimate.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

In early October I arrived Thailand from Europe, and was not given a TM6. 

In Phuket I completed an application for a 90-day Type-O Visa a couple of days ago. In the TM87 application form I left the TM6 field in that form empty.  I had no problems with that field left blank.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Thumbs Up 1