Fake Gillette razor blades SCAM on most online stores Now! !@#$%

WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I wonder if it's a new scams...cleaning up used cartridges and reselling them as new

It's a huge scam, and none of the online selling platforms such as Amazon and eBay are doing a thing to stop it!  What a crazy world we live in where scammers reign supreme!

Lazada has become the worst place when it comes to counterfeit and scammers in the last year or so.  I have had to return so many products that were counterfeit in the last year, it's just ridiculous!

Agreed....  it makes shopping online a headache.... 

We have to be so very careful and pay attention to the most minute of details....  the customer has protection, but its still a proper PITA having to deal with the issue that shouldn’t exist in the first place. 

I’ve purchased items, an obvious scam - forced the vendor (Amazon and Lazada) to refund for a fake items, but still see the shops online selling to more people. 

I guess there are just so many scammers out there its just too difficult to deal with them all. 

For things like razors etc I get directly from Boots / Watsons etc.

• Like 1

yup.  tried some electric razors, garbage.   for years I know the 50 baht razors are horrible, but they do the job and if they are fake I don't care.............50 baht.    

this is LOS, where fake items are GOOD BUSINESS.   Will you boycott???!!! No, people love cheap stuff even if it's fake.   if you want real, that is for falang land or you must really spend a lot of money.   

if this is a WAR..........then spend 100,000,000 baht and get gillette razors from America for life.  Then be done with it.

Or I can send you to my friend Tham Tam Tam who has special promotion 199 baht!!!!  

Once in the last year a seller told me, "Sorry, don't buy that.  It's fake."   I was googling the brand on my phone without thinking.......sometimes I forget.   

In fact, what isn't fake.  This message was deep faked under the USSR Secret Fake Mission :  Scam Falang.    

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed....  it makes shopping online a headache.... 

We have to be so very careful and pay attention to the most minute of details....  the customer has protection, but its still a proper PITA having to deal with the issue that shouldn’t exist in the first place. 

I’ve purchased items, an obvious scam - forced the vendor (Amazon and Lazada) to refund for a fake items, but still see the shops online selling to more people. 

I guess there are just so many scammers out there its just too difficult to deal with them all. 

For things like razors etc I get directly from Boots / Watsons etc.

It is insane!  Now, anytime I buy from a merchant on Lazada, I start off assuming I will be scammed and start a "paper trail" right off the bat by sending them a chat message before I purchase, asking them if the item is genuine, and telling them I will recognize a counterfeit if I receive one and raise hell if that happens (which I absolutely do now).  If I receive a reply, I will buy it, but it's amazing how many of those requests go unanswered LOL!

The one good thing I commend Lazada on is that if you do file a complaint about something being counterfeit, they act very quickly, usually telling you to just discard the item and refunding you the full amount quickly with an apology, no hassles or delays at all. 

I recently purchased some Gillette Mach3 blades on line and when I received them I checked over the packet and everything looked ok but after one week of use the strip that indicates whether the blade is still good has disappeared and whilst the blade isn't uncomfortable it definitely isn't giving me a clean shave.

Got me wondering just how genuine they are.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Pretty sure I saw those 1 hr ago in Big C.

The problem is that even the brick and mortar stores are increasingly guilty of doing it (possibly unknowingly) by buying from a dishonest online wholesalers who sell on the Lazada or AliExpress platforms.

• Like 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

The problem is that even the brick and mortar stores are increasingly guilty of doing it (possibly unknowingly) by buying from a dishonest online wholesalers who sell on the Lazada or AliExpress platforms.

Well atleast with Big C youd have less hassle if they not what they claim annd you can inspect BEFORE parting with any money.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I recently purchased some Gillette Mach3 blades on line and when I received them I checked over the packet and everything looked ok but after one week of use the strip that indicates whether the blade is still good has disappeared and whilst the blade isn't uncomfortable it definitely isn't giving me a clean shave.

Got me wondering just how genuine they are.

Most of this counterfeit (or reconditioned / repackaged) cartridges comes from China, and as is well known, the Chinese are often masters of near-perfect counterfeiting.

I really think it's a scam in which they get their hands on discarded blades, clean them up, put new cheap "wear" strips on them, and repackage them.  I mean, the cartridges I got were literally so dull that they could not even be used!

That might seem far-fetched but considering the low cost of labor in China, and the high price of genuine cartridges, it's possible.

A genuine Gillette mach3 cartridge normally lasts me at least 20 comfortable shaves, and is probably the best cartridge for the money I've ever bought.  The ones I received off Lazada on both occasions (from different sellers) looked identical (and when compared with a genuine Gillette cartridge, just slightly different), and on the very first use were so uncomfortable, I could not complete my shave!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually this has been an issue for many years.  I switched to 2 or 3 replaceable blade Bic many years ago and although blades were sometimes hard to find they were normally available from Tesco and found shave just as good as Gillette.  But alas had to give up shaving due to bleeding issues and stuck with using electric these days (and indeed they are not a blade).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually this has been an issue for many years.  I switched to 2 or 3 replaceable blade Bic many years ago and although blades were sometimes hard to find they were normally available from Tesco and found shave just as good as Gillette.  But alas had to give up shaving due to bleeding issues and stuck with using electric these days (and indeed they are not a blade).

I use an electric razor sometimes, but nothing is as nice as a blade, and the genuine GIllette Mach 3 is like a best-in-class design providing the closest and most comfortable shave, even after 20 shaves!

The most you can do on Lazada is sticking to LazMall and not any "1 rating" suppliers etc.

My try would be one of these:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/gillette-mach3-blades-12-cartridges-refills-gillette-mach3-12-i2860580917-s10435591814.html
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6-gillette-mach-3-plus-blades-pivoting-head-wlubricant-6s-i2861114446-s10436805218.html

I have stopped using pricey blades since long.

I use some three blade "Bic easy click" shaver (reusable grip).

They might not last as long but still cheaper over all.

And newly they are as good as expensive ones.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/x-2-bic-2-bic-easy-clic-razor-2-refill-blades-free-shipping-i4133579042-s16207035113.html

(I buy at shops not online)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Coming back from, Oz I always stock up of theses items and similar ones with high likelihood of being fake by buying them in pharmacies and large supermarkets thus minimizing the risk of being sold a dodgy items than nowadays are everywhere and worse still, fake medicines...

• Like 2

just got scammed at Lazada with "fake" Power Fusion ones, site says they are real order a pack of 4, received it but not Gillette, they fit but shaving with them it's a nightmare, complained to Lazada, asked for refund they said the money it's on the way, let's hope so but can't find the previous shop anymore, they did have the real stuff, a little more money but real Gillette

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

just got scammed at Lazada with "fake" Power Fusion ones, site says they are real order a pack of 4, received it but not Gillette, they fit but shaving with them it's a nightmare, complained to Lazada, asked for refund they said the money it's on the way, let's hope so but can't find the previous shop anymore, they did have the real stuff, a little more money but real Gillette

My experience with Lazada is they are very good about providing no-hassle refunds when you claim suspicion of a counterfeit item on their platform.  In fact, IMO, they have excellent overall customer service when it comes to a dispute for any reason at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try ordering from gillette.com. If you think they are expensive and you want cheaper, then you get what you pay for - fakes. Hardly rocket science. What else do you expect?

I expect an online merchant to be honest (as some are) and say it is "compatible" not "genuine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

If you know of a trusted online store, please let me know.

Amazon, if you really have to have them.....yet having something mailed 8000 miles is just wrong in my opinion.  Plenty of barbers in Pattaya will shave you, plenty of electric razors available so you don't have to use imported blades to keep your face smooth for the ladies. 

Even better - grow a beard!  saves a lot of time and energy  5555

10 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Tops, Lotus, Villa, Foodland, Big C all sell these to some degree. Better to just buy there.

I guess the price is what attracts one to place an order online and then the product is not up to scratch.

The problem with local brick & mortar stores is they often buy from wholesalers who sell on the Lazada and AliExpress platform, so (albeit unknowingly) some of the B&M stores are also selling counterfeit goods).

• Thanks 1

Gillette used to have a Flagship store on LazMall.

It looks like they've ceded that to Lazada to Lotuss' and Watsons now. Both have Flagship stores and sell genuine product.

Buying the larger size, 12, usually results in the lowest unit price, ~ 62 baht per. These go on sale pretty much every mmdd sale, so 11 Nov next.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Amazon, if you really have to have them.....yet having something mailed 8000 miles is just wrong in my opinion.  Plenty of barbers in Pattaya will shave you, plenty of electric razors available so you don't have to use imported blades to keep your face smooth for the ladies. 

Even better - grow a beard!  saves a lot of time and energy  5555

In spite of their public relation stance of fighting counterfeiters and scammers, Amazon has some of the worst counterfeiters and scammers selling on their sites.  With 6.3 million total sellers and an incredible 1.5 million active sellers on their sites worldwide, it's impossible for them to police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The problem with local brick & mortar stores is they often buy from wholesalers who sell on the Lazada and AliExpress platform, so (albeit unknowingly) some of the B&M stores are also selling counterfeit goods).

I always bought the Bic twin blade razors and mostly Gilette twin blade cartridges in the B&M store, never had a problem with those.

Tried the own brand razors from lotus, big C watson and boots and had to throw them all away, they were useless for a first shave.

Same with mr DIY razor blades can't even manage a proper 1st shave with the twin blades and threw them out.

Edited by userabcd

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The most you can do on Lazada is sticking to LazMall and not any "1 rating" suppliers etc.

My try would be one of these:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/gillette-mach3-blades-12-cartridges-refills-gillette-mach3-12-i2860580917-s10435591814.html
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6-gillette-mach-3-plus-blades-pivoting-head-wlubricant-6s-i2861114446-s10436805218.html

I have stopped using pricey blades since long.

I use some three blade "Bic easy click" shaver (reusable grip).

They might not last as long but still cheaper over all.

And newly they are as good as expensive ones.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/x-2-bic-2-bic-easy-clic-razor-2-refill-blades-free-shipping-i4133579042-s16207035113.html

(I buy at shops not online)

I don't know if you've ever noticed but Lazada's rating system (merchant overall rating as opposed to individual review rating) is a joke.  There is no such thing as a one-start seller.  There is only 4-star sellers (which is anyone with even only one sale), or no-star sellers for those who have not sold anything yet.

My big complaint with Lazada is they give you almost no way to rate a seller, especially if you can't read Thai since reviews are only in Thai with no auto-translation, and much of the product descriptions do not translate to English if the product description contains "A+ content" (which most listings now contain).

They also have no way to sort a search by number of sales which offers an easy way to see which merchants are popular with buyers.

That's one reason I buy more and more on AliExpress...because they do both of these things far better than Lazada, making a purchase decision easy and quick.

Edited by WaveHunter

Unfortunately Gillette makes the finest razors in the world. They literally have a team of PHD's working in Boston to accomplish this. 

Personally, I hate Gillette and P&G for their ad campaign against men. So I have tried every razor I can get my hands on to avoid supporting the woke feminist at P&G. Unfortunately, no other blade even comes close. 

So I have stopped my search and recently bought a pack of razors from Big C. Now I have to hope they are genuine. However, I do not buy any other P&G products. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1