Sunaks first address to the British People as Prime Minister.

Social Media

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to take that up with the UK Government and the Office of National Statistics.

I’m sure your experience and expertise in data collection and analysis will be greatly appreciated.

You are funny. The slightest bit of criticism and you resort to petty little digs.

You never fail to entertain. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

an insight into what is down the road for the British empire.

There is no longer a "British Empire" Just Britain and the "Commonwealth of nations"!

Edited by DezLez

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

No they don't.

Having been involved in local council, I can assure you 160000 members did not choose our candidate for MP. The system simply does not work like that.

Someone does not appear to know the difference between Party MPs selecting a unanimous winner and the members of a political party who did not therefore need or be required to vote.

The leader of any party needs the backing of MPs to get their legislation through the house, not the vote of the party members!

Edited by DezLez

2 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Someone does not appear to know the difference between Party MPs selecting a unanimous winner and the members of a political party who did not therefore need or be required to vote.

The leader of any party needs the backing of MPs to get their legislation through the house, not the vote of the party members!

I was replying to the comment that party members select all candidates for general elections. 

They don't.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sunak won’t be able to hold the Tories together.

The economy is already in recession, 8 million people in the UK can’t afford regular meals, the NHS is collapsing ( before winter), mortgage interest rates are climbing, electrical power isn’t guaranteed through the winter, schools are running out of money, GP waiting times are over two weeks, getting an NHS dentist appointment  is near on impossible, industrial action is increasing, leveling up never happened, ‘sunny uplands’ can’t be found.

And they s week’s Prime Minister is warning of hard times to come, seemingly unaware that for many millions ‘hard times are already here’.

Where do you get 8 million cannot afford regular meals from? don't quote the Guardian if this nonsense is from there. You seem to revel in a downturn in the economy and NHS waiting lists. Do you really think Sir what's his name and his box ticking lick spittles would do any better?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

I was replying to the comment that party members select all candidates for general elections. 

They don't.

Sorry!

I was not getting at you.

I was trying, unsuccessfully, to back up your comments about people not understanding, or wishing to understand, how the system actually works,

:sorry:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Where do you get 8 million cannot afford regular meals from?

We have asked for a reliable source quoting facts, not telephone polls of 1000 etc,  but so far just hot air!

I do not think anyone denies that there are people in poverty in the UK and around the world but unsubstantiated figures demean, not help their argument!

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Where do you get 8 million cannot afford regular meals from? don't quote the Guardian if this nonsense is from there. You seem to revel in a downturn in the economy and NHS waiting lists. Do you really think Sir what's his name and his box ticking lick spittles would do any better?

I provided links above.

Polls suggest a very large majority of people believe ‘Sir’ will do a lot better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DezLez said:

We have asked for a reliable source quoting facts, not telephone polls of 1000 etc,  but so far just hot air!

I do not think anyone denies that there are people in poverty in the UK and around the world but unsubstantiated figures demean, not help their argument!

If there are people in poverty why fork out 5 million a day to look after illegal immigrants who paid thousands to traffickers to wash them up at Dover?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Which proved nothing apart from bias and lack of facts!

Ignore it if it makes you feel better.

Not being able to afford a night out is depressing, not being able to feed your family or keep a roof over their heads is the stuff of public anger and civil unrest. 

• Like 2

these folks with needs for foodbanks have beeen shown to have cupboars rammed with supplies they never use ,cans of beer, and expensive tattoos on the legs and arms..and smoke many fags hence they cant afford a basic diet..

many are chavs but not all.they may rents thay cant afford cos of economic mismanagement and a smoking habit

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

these folks with needs for foodbanks have beeen shown to have cupboars rammed with supplies they never use ,cans of beer, and expensive tattoos on the legs and arms..and smoke many fags hence they cant afford a basic diet..

many are chavs but not all.they may rents thay cant afford cos of economic mismanagement and a smoking habit

Not my personal direct experience of who uses food banks, so tell us, how do you know these things?

• Like 2

looks bad from here >>>>https://uk.news.yahoo.com/tory-party-members-react-sunak-170537644.html

some Conservative Party supporters have cancelled their memberships following the announcement that Rishi Sunak is set to be prime minister, with one voter of more than 40 years saying they felt as though the party “has been destroyed from within”.

While some felt “delighted” by the news, others said the move has left them “fuming” that party members were not able to vote for Mr Sunak to take over from Liz Truss.

Lyn Bond, a 60-year-old retired nurse who has voted Conservative since she was 18, sent an email to cancel her membership after it was confirmed the MP for Richmond will lead the party.

“The whole thing is rather sad because, for a party that had such a wonderful win in 2019, it has been destroyed from within,” Ms Bond, from Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, told the PA news agency.

all leaving

Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

This is from the same article which you seem to have missed in almost it's entirety!  

"But members of Conservative associations as well as local councillors said they were “delighted” by how the contest played out.

Tom Herman, from Hoveton, who is deputy chairman of North Norfolk Conservatives, said that North Norfolk Conservative MP Duncan Baker, who backed Mr Sunak, “consults very widely in the constituency – not just among Conservative Party members – and listens to those views and makes an informed decision on who to back for leader”.

“That to me is equally democratic,” Mr Herman said. “He really has his finger on the pulse of the constituency.”

"Roy Aldcroft, a Conservative councillor at Shropshire Council, said: “I’m very pleased it has been sorted out, that we will now have a clear path to sort out the many problems that we will be facing this winter.

“The fact that we did not get an opportunity to vote, I’m sure some members were quite upset about that but to be quite honest we need to put the country first.”

Carole Jones, a Conservative councillor for Dorset Council, also said: “I’m quite pleased we didn’t have a vote,” adding she is “more than happy” with the outcome.

“If our MPs do not get behind Rishi (Sunak) now, when we come up for election, people like us will be mullered,” she said before telling them to “get their bloody act together”.

Ramji Kanji Chauhan, deputy mayor of Harrow, said he agrees that the quick leadership process has been better than going to a vote among members.

“With a vote, it goes on for a long time, we make the country unsettled,” he told PA.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth Campbell, leader of Kensington and Chelsea council, said: “I’m absolutely delighted that Rishi is going to be prime minister.

“I think we need stability now,” she said, adding that the turbulence has been difficult for councils who need “clarity” so they can plan.

On Mr Sunak, Mrs Campbell said he is “sensible”, “clever” and “decent”, adding: “It is quite nice to have a grown-up back in control.”

Edited by DezLez
Additional quotes added

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

looks bad from here >>>>https://uk.news.yahoo.com/tory-party-members-react-sunak-170537644.html

some Conservative Party supporters have cancelled their memberships following the announcement that Rishi Sunak is set to be prime minister, with one voter of more than 40 years saying they felt as though the party “has been destroyed from within”.

While some felt “delighted” by the news, others said the move has left them “fuming” that party members were not able to vote for Mr Sunak to take over from Liz Truss.

Lyn Bond, a 60-year-old retired nurse who has voted Conservative since she was 18, sent an email to cancel her membership after it was confirmed the MP for Richmond will lead the party.

“The whole thing is rather sad because, for a party that had such a wonderful win in 2019, it has been destroyed from within,” Ms Bond, from Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, told the PA news agency.

all leaving

"Some" , well , ONE person left the Conservative party 

ONE , not some 

• Like 1