Adidas ends Ye deal over hate speech, costing rapper his billionaire status

Scott

Another way of looking at this that makes sense.

It was obvious and justified to punish Kanye. Well done that.

But what about rich and powerful white guys trafficing in similar hate speech including a certain ex president who recently threatened Jews who don't support him?

Somehow they get a pass  Hmm.

---

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/26/kanye-west-canceled-antisemitism-hate-speech/

Congrats, you canceled Kanye. Call me when White guys get in trouble.

Exclusive: Kanye West has a disturbing history of admiring Hitler, sources tell CNN

Several people who were once close to the artist formerly known as Kanye West told CNN that he has long been fascinated by Adolf Hitler — and once wanted to name an album after the Nazi leader.

A business executive who worked for West, who now goes by Ye, told CNN that the artist created a hostile work environment, in part through his “obsession” with Hitler.

“He would praise Hitler by saying how incredible it was that he was able to accumulate so much power and would talk about all the great things he and the Nazi Party achieved for the German people,” the individual told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/27/entertainment/kanye-west-hitler-album/index.html

CNN.jpg

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

MSM division / distraction tactics, as usual.  Why it even makes the news is the only question.  Oh wait, I just told you why.

Hook line & sinker  ...  as he deficits continue to increase in all countries across the board, along with the wealth of the elite.

“None so blind as those that will not see.”

Like, those are in the news as well .

There isn't just ONE news story everyday ????

This is "entertainment" news , if you want business new , you need to look in the relative news sections 

It seems like Kanye (pronouns Seig Heil?) is giving a master class in how to cancel yourself. 

Apparently he will be able to continue selling his music. I approve of that. That way people will be able to make their own decisions on whether they can separate the artist from his product. Personally I am able to do that.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:09 AM, JonnyF said:

I'm English. Don't have too much interest in American politics so I used an example closer to home.

Anyway, back on topic it was good to see Kanye getting called out although I do suspect there might be some serious underlying mental health issues there that should be addressed. This is not the first time he's done something indicating a serious issue. 

I think his musical genius is part of his mental condition too. He is bipolar, so you have to give him a break if he was having an episode at the time. It makes you do dumb <deleted>,

Notice that he doesn't apologize. 

Instead he doubles down.

Exactly the toxic crass behavior of his MAGA idol and now we know he's a long time Hitler fan as well.

What next?

No excuses.

I had thought he had a small chance of rehabilitation by checking himself into a facility and then doing a Klezmer (joking) album but he's beyond that now.

If you're looking for a humorous reaction to his self produced mess check out the social media of Michael Rappaport. He pulls no punches.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I think his musical genius is part of his mental condition too. He is bipolar, so you have to give him a break if he was having an episode at the time. It makes you do dumb <deleted>,

I might give him a break if he backtracked and apologized. He hasn't 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I might give him a break if he backtracked and apologized. He hasn't 

It's too late.

He's been given chances already. 

Such as an invitation to a VIP tour of the LA Holocaust museum to which he replied that abortion clinics are his Holocaust museum.

What an ignoramus.

Of course it's fine to oppose abortion. 

That isn't the point.

He was offerred  a probably naive but sincere opportunity to have a chance at staunching the damage. Instead he spat in the face of the offer.

Enough with the excuses.

He's shown the world what he is again and again and all he does when given a life rope is to double down.

Let him be.

He'll never starve even if he stops making and selling music now which he won't. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's too late.

He's been given chances already. 

Such as an invitation to a VIP tour of the LA Holocaust museum to which he replied that abortion clinics are his Holocaust museum.

What he thinks :

"Undeterred, West added, “Fifty percent of Black deaths a year is actually abortion. It’s not the cop with the knee, it’s not Black-on-Black violence and gang violence, not heart attacks, it’s actually abortion. The most dangerous place for a Black person in America is in their mother’s stomach.”

Later, West repeated his unsubstantiated claim about abortion and Black deaths by adding in an antisemitic bent as well, saying, “It’s not racism; that’s too wide of a term. It’s genocide and population control that Black people are in today in America, that is promoted by the music and the media that Black people make, that Jewish record labels get paid off of.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/kanye-west-false-abortion-claims-jewish-record-labels-1235160708/

Basically : Jews are promoting abortion to kill of the Black population and making money in the process

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What he thinks :

"Undeterred, West added, “Fifty percent of Black deaths a year is actually abortion. It’s not the cop with the knee, it’s not Black-on-Black violence and gang violence, not heart attacks, it’s actually abortion. The most dangerous place for a Black person in America is in their mother’s stomach.”

Later, West repeated his unsubstantiated claim about abortion and Black deaths by adding in an antisemitic bent as well, saying, “It’s not racism; that’s too wide of a term. It’s genocide and population control that Black people are in today in America, that is promoted by the music and the media that Black people make, that Jewish record labels get paid off of.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/kanye-west-false-abortion-claims-jewish-record-labels-1235160708/

Basically : Jews are promoting abortion to kill of the Black population and making money in the process

All false. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Kanye makes Louis Farrakhan look like my bar mitzvah teacher.

He's an industrial factory of hate.

Also I don't know anyone in history that has done more to damage to black - Jewish relations. Surely many black people under the influence of his pop star fame are going to believe his garbage.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kanye makes Louis Farrakhan look like my bar mitzvah teacher.

He's an industrial factory of hate.

Also I don't know anyone in history that has done more to damage to black - Jewish relations. Surely many black people under the influence of his pop star fame are going to believe his garbage.

Kayne also makes further claims that Black people are the true Jews and the current (!!!!!sounds weird) Jews are imposters , which is an opinion which not only he has :

"West also claimed that Black people are the true Jewish race, a long-standing antisemitic trope that implies Jews have stolen the identity and “birthright” of Black people.

“When I say Jew, I mean the 12 lost tribes of Judah, the blood of Christ, who the people known as the race Black really are,” West said. “This is who our people are. The blood of Christ. This, as a Christian, is my belief."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-10-11/kanye-west-tucker-carlson-antsemitism

20 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I couldn't agree more.

However he is a MAGA hat wearing Republican so that makes him fair game for the #bekind gang. Mental illness or not, he must be humiliated, then cancelled.

Remember, these people believe people who vote Conservative do not deserve to be resuscitated in a medical emergency. This is the mentality we are dealing with. 

Sad, but true (I have links).

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I couldn't agree more.

However he is a MAGA hat wearing Republican so that makes him fair game for the #bekind gang. Mental illness or not, he must be humiliated, then cancelled.

Remember, these people believe people who vote Conservative do not deserve to be resuscitated in a medical emergency. This is the mentality we are dealing with. 

Sad, but true (I have links).

Actually most republicans 62% reject MAGA. Its the loons who fall for it. Yes i have links to.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/poll-us-republicans-reject-maga-label-rcna49749

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Diversion...lol. why did you bring it up then? It was a direct response to your claim.

I was talking about why the MSM have singled out Kanye as opposed to multiple other black artists with homophobic, misogynistic views.

Then you diverted to the % of Republicans that support MAGA.

It was off topic. Anyway, I'm off to twitter. This post will probably be deleted before you read it. Ciao. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I was talking about why the MSM have singled out Kanye as opposed to multiple other black artists with homophobic, misogynistic views.

Then you diverted to the % of Republicans that support MAGA.

It was off topic. Anyway, I'm off to twitter. This post will probably be deleted before you read it. Ciao. 

I agree you were off topic

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I agree you were off topic

Not off topic.  An example of how the left are prepared to ignore the medical conditions of those they consider to be right wing.

Kanye is Bipolar, Who cares?

A Tory needs resuscitating? Who cares?

#bekind

Edited by JonnyF

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not off topic.  An example of how the left are prepared to ignore the medical conditions of those they consider to be right wing.

#bekind

I guess it's too difficult for the right wing to denounce his anti-Semitism while expressing sympathy for his condition? For them is that like walking and chewing gum at the same time?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

#bekind

It seems you are tarring all conservatives with the same brush and also assume the lefties as you call them of doing the same. Perhaps those lefties already know that not all conservatives are MAGA as my poll demonstrated and perhaps they can also #bekind

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

On 10/26/2022 at 9:22 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Kanye should know not to fire from the hip as he is held to a different standard being a conservative gentleman. I see hate speech all day long online. Homophobic slurs, trying to out closeted men, mocking people's disabilities, mocking peoples color, and it is totally fine, no consequence for the perp.  With one proviso, and I think we all know what that is. And no, I will never understand why one group of people is given carte blanche to behave in the most dreadful manner while another group of people would be crucified for doing 1% of the same. 

I've been waiting for someone else to comment on the quite blatant anti-semitism to be found in the last sentence of SunnyinBangrak's post. Given his political stances, it's not surprising coming from him. The game goes for the  these 2 members who approved of his comment:  image.png.efe90243ec1bc529ef304d7ad306361d.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually most republicans 62% reject MAGA. Its the loons who fall for it. Yes i have links to.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/poll-us-republicans-reject-maga-label-rcna49749

I can't know how accurate that number is but I will say MAGA is not conservative.  MAGA is MAGA. A white nationalist fascist movement begun as a cult of personality of Trump worship. Conservative is like traditional republican values including respecting election results such as Liz Cheney. Yes Kanye is black and also MAGA even though MAGA is white nationalist. You can't explain his belief systems with logic such as his belief that Ashkenazi Jews are not real Jews.

Again his supposed mental illness is not an excuse. He really believes the garbage he spews, always doubles down, never apologizes. Very similar behavior to Trump who clearly has his own psychological issues but nobody credible gives him a pass become of that.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I've been waiting for someone else to comment on the quite blatant anti-semitism to be found in the last sentence of SunnyinBangrak's post. Given his political stances, it's not surprising coming from him. The game goes for the  these 2 members who approved of his comment:  image.png.efe90243ec1bc529ef304d7ad306361d.png

Please don't laugh at me but that post was coming from such an alternate world to me that I can't label because I don't understand his code.

• Like 1

I didn’t personally expatriate for political reasons but that was long ago and of course I don't have Thai citizenship but 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/28/american-jews-exile-fears/

American Jews start to think the unthinkable

On the holiest night of the Jewish year earlier this month, my rabbi looked up from his Kol Nidre sermon — a homily about protecting America’s liberal democracy — and posed a question that wasn’t in his prepared text: “How many people in the last few years have been at a dining room conversation where the conversation has turned to where might we move? How many of us?”

He was talking about the unthinkable: that Jews might need to flee the United States. 

Edited by Jingthing

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I didn’t personally expatriate for political reasons but that was long ago and of course I don't have Thai citizenship but 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/28/american-jews-exile-fears/

American Jews start to think the unthinkable

On the holiest night of the Jewish year earlier this month, my rabbi looked up from his Kol Nidre sermon — a homily about protecting America’s liberal democracy — and posed a question that wasn’t in his prepared text: “How many people in the last few years have been at a dining room conversation where the conversation has turned to where might we move? How many of us?”

He was talking about the unthinkable: that Jews might need to flee the United States. 

Please link a free one, seems like conspiracy voodoo though.