Married Extension without bank book

Have anyone had any experience of NON O married extension without a bank book ?.

I have moved my 400k from my Bangkok bank account to SCB EZ savings account.

The SCB account is e account with no bank book, the account pays 1.50% interest.

Will the Thai Immigration accept  bank statement and a letter from SCB without a bank book as proof of my 400k ?

Edited by dayo202

6 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Will the Thai Immigration accept  bank statement and a letter from SCB without a bank book as proof of my 400k ?

I am not sure about this, but I have reading reports that Immigration doesn't accept accounts without a Passbook (yet) and my personal experience is that IO likes to flick through my Fixed Deposit account bank book on each every extension day visit.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Pathum Thani 

Before getting to the point where you have to apply for the extension of stay I suggest you ask them about doing it with only a bank statement to prove the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I have moved my 400k from my Bangkok bank account to SCB EZ savings account.

So you now use an account that does not use a bankbook.

That is allowed but will be problematic at various immigration offices. 

On top of that you will need to obtain a bank statement.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for only 2 months plus under consideration period.

All this to earn small amount of interest over a savings account..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Before getting to the point where you have to apply for the extension of stay I suggest you ask them about doing it with only a bank statement to prove the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

Good idea. Really why shouldn't they? Passbooks often have composite entries if not update regularly, like mine. A composite entry masks what has been going on and the balance from the date of the last entry in it to the date of the composite entry. A bank statement lists every transaction in the period requested and is signed by a bank authorised officer, dated, and stamped with the bank's stamp. 

But then again, this is an individual immigration officer's decision though if he/ she is not happy I'd respectfully ask for his superior's guidance before accepting it.

And then again TIT.

For what it's worth as consolation, if needed, Brits seeking residency in France seem to face all sorts of hurdles imposed at French Embassies and some local prefectures. Some of which which are not in line with official French government issued guidance on documents now that Brits have joined the masses collectively called foreigners rather than EU citizens as before.

• Like 1

I had a moment a couple of years back, I had my bank letter, my statements from the bank, the day prior which I had permission to do, as I had an early appointment. It’s always one page as I never touch the account with the money in. I scanned and printed a copy of the book, the night before - when we presented the papers - the elderly IO started talking to my wife and things started getting complicated, in the end I stepped in and insisted the IO to talk to me, she was asking my wife if I had an internet bank and could “shot” it - my wife didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, neither did the IO. In the end i worked out she wanted a screenshot of my banking app on my phone. Which I then sent to a colleague who then sent it to her email and she printed it off.

So to say all offices want an updated book on the day of the application isn’t quite true. They do have permission to accept banking app screenshots. 

Doesn’t stop them wanting to physically flick backwards and forward from cover to cover in a book with half a dozen entries. Strange behavoir that. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

What is your nationality? Some offices will accept an income confirmation letter fr4om your embassy, if your country still provides those, not then requiring bank account information.

While I do not have first hand experience, I have not read positive accounts of Pathum Thani immigration. Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1