“Big Joke” reports investigation result of deceased Chinese woman in September

snoop1130

1429833-1024x576-1-696x392.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn on Wednesday, October 26th, reported to representatives of the Chinese Embassy in Thailand regarding the investigation of the case of a 32-year-old Chinese woman who was found dead with an unidentified cause of death after going out to an entertainment venue in Bangkok’s Huai Kwang district on September 17th.

The police investigation, which was conducted following the request of the Chinese Embassy, revealed that the Chinese tourist traveled to Thailand on September 15th with three female friends. On the night of September 16th, all of them went to a nightclub on Ratchadaphisek Road and invited three male friends.

Around 1:00 AM. on September 17th, the deceased reportedly vomited and fainted. Security guards at the venue then took her to Rama IX Hospital. She was pronounced dead afterward. Later, another group of three Chinese men and a Thai driver went to the deceased’s room and took all of her clothes and personal belongings to burn at the venue.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/26/deputy-national-police-chief-big-joke-reports-investigation-result-of-deceased-chinese-woman-in-september-to-embassy-representatives-on-wednesday-hopes-to-regain-confidence-among-foreign-tourists/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

I don't see anywhere the results of his investigation, just an update to an ongoing investigation. She had some amphetamine in her body. So what? And the 4 guys breaking into her room? And all this happened on the night of September 16th, 6 weeks ago.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Later, another group of three Chinese men and a Thai driver went to the deceased’s room and took all of her clothes and personal belongings to burn at the venue.

Yep, that happens more often than you'd think. Besides, how'd these Chinese get out of China, thought there was total Covid lockdown up there.

I am sure the link is the Karaoke bar that was raided and operated by Chinese and the majority of clients were Chinese.  Watching the news now.  What a twisted story. Apparently it is very big news in China.

Here is another OP running and I will bet there is a link between the two stories as I wrote above.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1045142

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Around 1:00 AM. on September 17th, the deceased reportedly vomited and fainted. Security guards at the venue then took her to Rama IX Hospital. She was pronounced dead afterward. Later, another group of three Chinese men and a Thai driver went to the deceased’s room and took all of her clothes and personal belongings to burn at the venue.

Rather strange behaviour?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

how'd these Chinese get out of China, thought there was total Covid lockdown up there.

Yes indeed, but with due respect, there are many Chinese ex pats (young and old) living in neighboring countries such as Cambodia for example, with no travel restrictions for tourists wanting to visit Thailand.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Yep, that happens more often than you'd think. Besides, how'd these Chinese get out of China, thought there was total Covid lockdown up there.

Not so. I've met a few Chinese here in Pattaya. Not the gambling mafia call centre scammer types, but normal like you and me tourists, long stayers, digital nomads. They say it's ok leaving, depending where from, of course, but getting back in can be a problem. Quarantine and numerous checks. China is a big country. I think maybe it varies province to province, and depends a lot on the 0 COVID rules at that time and place.  If Thailand wants to attract educated, intelligent, long stay migrants they should hurry up the process of issuing digital nomad visas, and drop the forever "we want high net worth applicants who are damn fool enough to hand over 40m in order to buy 1600 sq m of land".