Lazada Getting More Devious

dddave

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

My difficulty is actually logging in most times it is OK, about 1 in 5 times it is not and I have to go through security checks and get a one time security no. This is despite being a regular customer for many years and using the same email and password. This company sure sucks badly.

I've never had that problem. I have had numerous issues with Lazada though, like being told my browsing activity was unusual just because I clicked on more than one or two items in a minute, then being asked to complete a captcha that doesn't work.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mark1066 said:

The worst thing about Lazada is they won't publish reviews that mention counterfeit goods on their website, which is a massive red flag as far as I'm concerned.

Is there any comparable site that does publish counterfeit item reports?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Hehe, received an item I returned as it was not according to spec or the details of what I oredered. Paid cash with COD. Lazada authorized the return and refunded the amount to my wallet, all of 232 baht.

Now they want me to go through KYC before I get access to the cash I paid to them.

1 minute ago, Mark1066 said:

Okay but if you have a locally issued debit card then I don't see your problem. I wasn't aware you can't use bank transfers any more - they don't offer that Airpay option now then?

They had 3 banks with direct payment - click and go to bank logon and make payment - very easy and no copy/past required.  It is still listed as a method on how to pay page so might return but last week was not an option and was lost for a few days (Bangkok Bank only) last month.  As for debit cards most are not usable out of the box for mail order (and BBL normal card not accepted many places).  Not sure what Airpay is but suspect smart phone app?  Do not use phone for any financial things (in fact have reverted to feature phone/Nokia).  Prefer looking at people than phone (although admit masks have not made that as interesting as previously).

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

My difficulty is actually logging in most times it is OK, about 1 in 5 times it is not and I have to go through security checks and get a one time security no. This is despite being a regular customer for many years and using the same email and password. This company sure sucks badly.

After my AliExpress account was hacked I now want to receive OTP's each and every time. Using different passwords for my various accounts is important too. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Honestly. I really don't know because Lazada is the only site on which I've encountered this issue. However, I do know from personal experience and observation that they used to publish such reviews and then started rejecting them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They had 3 banks with direct payment - click and go to bank logon and make payment - very easy and no copy/past required.  It is still listed as a method on how to pay page so might return but last week was not an option and was lost for a few days (Bangkok Bank only) last month.  As for debit cards most are not usable out of the box for mail order (and BBL normal card not accepted many places).  Not sure what Airpay is but suspect smart phone app?  Do not use phone for any financial things (in fact have reverted to feature phone/Nokia).  Prefer looking at people than phone (although admit masks have not made that as interesting as previously).

I'm not sure what Airpay was - I just remember it was the only option I could find to pay when I first bought something from Shopee a few years ago. I transferred money to the Airpay account then uploaded the receipt.

2 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Honestly. I really don't know because Lazada is the only site on which I've encountered this issue. However, I do know from personal experience and observation that they used to publish such reviews and then started rejecting them.

Perhaps it's a defamation issue when it comes to anonymous  claims of counterfeits that cannot be confirmed as genuine?    

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps it's a defamation issue when it comes to anonymous  claims of counterfeits that cannot be confirmed as genuine?    

I guess it could be but in my case I provided them with clear evidence from the manufacturer regarding the products in question.

Just now, Mark1066 said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I guess it could be but in my case I provided them with clear evidence from the manufacturer regarding the products in question.

Was your claim posted anonymously?

6 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

You can report them (press the 3 dots in the upper right corner).

Screenshot_20221027-110432_Gallery.jpg

I use Lazada a lot from the beginning. When it belonged to the germany Rocket Internet Group it was much much more better. It was very easy to find the cheapest price because it not gived all this fake offers. One item - one price!!! And there was a phantastic Support for customers. 

After Alibaba bought it, it's all gone lost. Now you need a half hour or longer for find the cheapest item with all the fake offers and Alibaba do nothing about it. 

But still it's more easy to find items what you never will find in your city.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Have Over the Years ordered MANY Products off Lazada, ALL ....COD I've Rejected a Few at my gate as the last one I Ordered was a Pack of 10 Gillette Mach 3 Razor blades for the INCREDIBLE Price of 59 Baht !!!!!! ( Because the Seller had told me I Could OPEN It to check if it was the correct product before I paid ) when the Courier arrived he wouldn't let me Do that until I'd Paid,So I Rejected it....NOW Lazada will NOT let me order ANYTHING on COD Even though it says I Can on the order when I Go to BUY Now it just says CANNOT pay for this item COD & Gives me the ways I Can Pay,With RABBIT Pay on the top of the list...Phoned Customer service & The Staff said " You'll have to Open a Lazada Wallet " in 7-11 & You'll need you're PASSPORT To do that.....So Ain't shopped on Lazada for about 3 Months ( Counting ) Now.....F'Em !!

• Like 2