Favourite 7/11 food

Sparktrader

32 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Peanuts. 

Salted or plain. 

Seven has the best peanuts in town. 

Decent price, too. 

And one of the healthiest selections among the lesser selections, healthwise. 

Regards, 

GammaG 

Just a further thought about nuts at Seven:

So far, we have yet to see Rocky Mountain Oysters for sale at Thailand's Seven stores. 

Maybe Seven should start a promotion of prairie oysters. 

The ad promotion could be.. 

"Nuts for Free" 

As you know, Seven stores franchise began in Texas. 

And, in Texas, you got nuts for free. 

I forget the name of the theme song which is most suitable for this kind of promotion. 

May I please be permitted to post it later... Thank you. 

GammaG 

I am old enough to recall some of the first Seven stores when I was young. They sold sandwiches and cured meats, such as baloney. 

I love Lebanon baloney. 

Those were healthier days when Texas was running the world, I guess... 

In Texas, they give you REAL food, I guess....

===

Wait!  Now I recall the best theme song for 7-11. and what you can buy there, these days:

Money for Nothing

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

....and you believe everything you read on the Internet?  555

I tend to more believe when there is a link to a credible source beyond a retelling of ones personal experiences.

But at least there is an IGNORE button on here so people don't have to hear things they don't want to hear.

Edited by jerrymahoney

My go to dinner when busy at work and lazy to cook is two sarnies, 1 H&C & 1 S&C, and 2 or 3 burgers. Normally Spicy pork although for some reason its very hit or miss whether they have it, 1 chicken burger and 1 double bacon and cheese.

I normally top this off with a large packet of Japanese spicy crips, but cannot remember the name of them,

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What about the apples, oranges, bananas and other fruit?  Aren't carbohydrates considered a necessary part of a normal human diet?

Normal human? Ok.  So when someone asked one of my late parents "How are you?"

My Father would answer with a clipped: Fine

My Mother would answer with a 10 minute prognosis.

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

geeze ....  that could take at least 10 minutes. 

Maybe less but still a decent walk just to get to the Skytrain when you've recently had hip replacement surgery.

It is one stop Skytrain to the nearest Villa  Market -- that is OK because it suffices for a couple of days' meals.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another vote for the cheese toastie (hold the ham). Was dinner for me twice on this go-round when it was too rainy to go out.

The Asia Hotel in Bangkok has a 7/11 on either side of it. So when one place was outa toasties, I only had to walk 20 meters to scratch the itch. Toastie is among my fave brit-words.

No love for tamarind jelly globules with a bit of salt and chili? That and dried sour mango are very occasional treats.

Dietwise, I lean towards being Lacesit on his splurge day, maybe every other day. Otherwise, I'm peanut butter toast for breakfast (if only it could be a toastie!), a little fruit and a slice of cheese for lunch to help me finish my treadmill session, and sushi or the healthier end of Thai food for dinner.

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What about the apples, oranges, bananas and other fruit?  Aren't carbohydrates considered a necessary part of a normal human diet?

Apples and bananas, berries are good. 30% carbs is enough. You dont want higher than that unless you exercise a lot. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Even a McDonald's triple cheeseburger every now & then isn't going to hurt as long as it is not habitual. Why not save all the carbo and diabetic stuff for the Health Forum.

image.jpeg.f26fe355ceb3a82c5025266295ce31b5.jpeg

Burgers are ok. Chips and coke are the worst. 1 burger a weak is fine especially if better quality meat.