Assets of convicted ex-cop “Joe Ferrari” confiscated by Thai Anti-Corruption Commission

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The NACC has found grounds for guilt against the ex-cop after resolving that he is “abnormally” rich with more than one billion Baht in assets, including houses, supercars, and many others, Isranews reported.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat.

16 hours ago, mahtin said:

All assets will be returned to the state, according to Isranews.

What will the state be doing with all those flash rides?

Who runs the state... there's your answer.

The spoils will be shared around, rich pickings for other corrupt officials.

Usually the assets of the unusually rich will be sold off at a public auction and the money goes into the government coffers.

I doubt he will be bankrupted. They will decide which part of his assets are in excess of what a policeman holding his rank could afford. 

Anyway, he might not be in prison long. In the land of opportunities, even a heroin smuggler can become a powerful political figure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He has no more need of a house.

Sure he does, he will possibly be out in 5 to 7 years on a pardon. Did you not read the article I linked in an above post.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

At first I thought NACC stood for Nation Association of Convicted Cops but then I said to myself-- No, that can't be cops don't get convicted, they get reassigned to inactive posts for a year before promotion.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He has no more need of a house.

Sure he does, he will possibly be out in 5 to 7 years on a pardon. Did you not read the article I linked in an above post.

Yes, I did read your link to a "may", "if" speculative article.  

Sadly Ferrari Joe isn't the only rather well off cop, when is Thailand going to get real about all of this BS corruption and make the Forces accountable????

And I wonder how transparent the auction will be and who will really be the beneficiary's ?? Joe will get a reduced sentence for good behaviour and out an about in no time, mark my words. 

Edited by paul1804

On 11/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, mahtin said:

All assets will be returned to the state, according to Isranews.

What will the state be doing with all those flash rides?

They will find a few "dead friends" to give them away to deserving government ministers. 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, ThailandRyan said:

You mean from behind bars? Has he not been locked away and is not out on appeal?

Easily arranged from inside, would think he has plenty of capable helpers on the outside along with sufficient inside support to facilitate what ever is required. 

Money wouldn't be a problem to ensure things were sorted.