Children orphaned as drunk ten wheel trucker kills parents - they were all in the back of a pick-up

webfact

3 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

If you ban people in the back of pickups you have to ban many other types transportation. Like the flimsy motorcycle side cars, no more than two on a motorcycle etc, no more travelling on top of trucks, no more school children hanging off the back of songthews

They're already banned.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, outsider said:

Whatever happened to ban on travelling in back of pick-ups?

Exactly the same thing that happened to bans/rulings on helmets, seat belts, DUI, using mobile devices while driving, speeding, riding on pavements, driving/riding against flow, parking etc. etc. - you name it. What happened to all that? Basically nothing. The square-root of jack! Lest one forgets, TiT. When they vow to crackdown on this and enforce that, that's all they are doing - vowing. It's basically hot air. Nothing will happen. When something does happen, the knees will jerk a little, then 'mai bphen rai' and 'sabai sabai' will kick in and everything will be back to 'normal'.

Sad but true!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It's not that the family were poor, you speculate, it's the fact that Thais see travelling in the back of a pickup as being acceptable, that is the worrying point here. Education education education.

When I give a lift to the Thai family I insist on them wearing their safety belts and refuse to carry any kids under the age of 11.......they think i am totally mad.

Although the op has a valid point, I would be more worried about driving standards and the penaltes incurred and the enforcement of drivers by the authorities`. Which to my7 mind after 30 years a Police officer is lacking in all sections`. by sadly the RTP you know THOSE charged by the Government to Enforce the Laws and PROTECT the Public something they fail it seems on a daily basis  !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Effective and active policing would most likely have prevented this accident.

I have a friend in the UK who is a total pish-head, ex British military and can still put the ale away.

He drives HGV 1 vehicles for a living and despite his love for the ale, he will not drink alcohol for at least 24 hour before working.

He knows that if he fails a breathalizer he will not only lose his job but he will never be able to get another HGV job, his livelihood will be gone..

In Thailand, most of the traffic stops on the highways have less to do with the law than as police income support.

Granted, there will be the occasional clampdown but the 'Big Joke's' of this land will continue to announce the clampdowns in advance and then call the clampdown off as soon as the press have lost interest.

As long as this remains the status quo, we will continue to read about the death and destruction on Thailand's roads.

Assumptions.  Who cares if a good driver had an accident when dui if he serves a purpose in the future. You obviously have not lived in Thailand for long so get real. 

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Straight to jail for life is the only suitable sentence.

He's poor and powerless. So yes, he'll be sentenced to 1,3656,984 and 6/4 years, in front of the media.

Plus there'll be a crackdown. Oh yes there'll be a crackdown. 

Could even be commandoes in the photographs. 

• Like 1