UK Immigration problem

superal

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Doesn't matter what you think  I can see in your posts this view doesn't fit your agenda

If you read the Gov link that I attached in my previous post 

you would have seen illegal migration was covered in the

Thematic issues section.

Finally, managing illegal migration is a global challenge facilitated by organised crime and exploiting vulnerable migrants.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Managing illegal migration is a global challenge”

Yes managing the mass migration of people is a global challenge it’s a complex issue that is not going to be resolved by simplistic solutions. It certainly is not going to be solved by the UK acting by itself.

The UK is going to have to engage with its neighbors ( essentially the EU) and almost certainly will have to join multinational agreements and treaties  to address this issue.

It might be a good idea to step back from the antagonism towards the EU, and particularly France that the UK has engaged in since 2016.

Abandoning the Dublin regulations was a monumental mistake, a return to cooperation is the only way this problem will be resolved.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here, this’ll explain, it’s a report from September of this year so the totals are not up to date:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-62889043

Your link makes no reference, as usual with your obfuscation responses, to my question which was;

"Please define their status compared to the ones you "replied"/referred to?"

Please give an answer to my, and others, questions; 

What is your solution, assuming that you even have one, to the illegal criminal invaders?

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

In which case under international law they should seek refuge in the first country they enter after "fleeing"!

Here is the info and link;

The Dublin Regulation; "migrants are not able to choose the state from which they decided to apply for asylum. The regulation allows to apply for refugee status only from the country in which migrants enter first.  At the same time, if there is a desire to change the country, migrants will have to return to their original point of arrival.

Migration and asylum policy of the European Union - Wikipedia

The Albanian criminals are breaking EU laws so BREXIT has nothing to do with it.  

How do the Albanians get to France?  Fly? With a visa?

The UK ditched the Dublin Regulations with Brexit.

It has zero application to anyone traveling  through the EU to a non EU nation.

4 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Your link makes no reference, as usual with your obfuscation responses, to my question which was;

"Please define their status compared to the ones you "replied"/referred to?"

Please give an answer to my, and others, questions; 

What is your solution, assuming that you even have one, to the illegal criminal invaders?

Sorry, I’m not an employee of UK Border Force or the Home Office.

I have no idea of the ‘status’ of those arriving, and I don’t owe you a definition of their status either.

Take your question up with the Government.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

The Channel Islands which is NOT part of the UK.

Agreed, but wrt invasions from Europe across the English Channel my response was relevant;

"although they are not part of the United Kingdom,the UK is responsible for the defence and international relations of the  islands"!

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK ditched the Dublin Regulations with Brexit.

It has zero application to anyone traveling  through the EU to a non EU nation.

Answer my question please;

3 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Answer my question please;

I’ve told you many times.

I don’t owe you a solution to anything.

Go get angry with the people who told you they would fix this (it wasn’t me).

I have given my opinion of where the resolution will be found a couple of posts north of here.

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Abandoning the Dublin regulations was a monumental mistake,

But the EU are still bound by it and not obeying it!

It makes it even more pertinent because we are NOT in the EU and the first thing a so called "asylum seeker" should do is seek asylum in the first country of entry!

They are NOT allowed to move between countries!

More obfuscation and lack of willing to actually answer facts. 

I am finished trying to respond to you!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DezLez said:

But the EU are still bound by it and not obeying it!

It makes it even more pertinent because we are NOT in the EU and the first thing a so called "asylum seeker" should do is seek asylum in the first country of entry!

They are NOT allowed to move between countries!

More obfuscation and lack of willing to actually answer facts. 

I am finished with you!

You are just a bully and a troll!

Yes they are, but it only applies to migrants entering the EU and traveling between EU states.

I thought you understood that.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

To be realistic , the UK has a labour shortage at the moment and with the lack of Europeans coming to the UK to work , those Albanians may come in handy to fill those job vacancies

The labour shortage is largely due to the number of British people 50-64 who have stopped becoming 'economically active'  since covid.

They could use the Albanians except of course, if they are claiming asylum they are not allowed to work until their claim is fully settled and those claims are being processed at a rate of 1.6 per officer per week. As a consequence of this deliberate under-staffing, claims are taking over 400 days. And while Sunak was whining on about how they have increased the number of officers by 500, he qualified it by saying that they would be in place by March 2023 i.e. they've only just started after the recent exposees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Quite a lot , here's a few examples 

Dozens of people suspected of being part of a criminal network that helped send up to 10,000 people to the UK in small boats have been arrested in a Europe-wide crackdown.

The group charged around €3,500 (£3,000) for a place on a dinghy, often packing up to 60 people aboard as they were sent on the perilous journey across the Channel from France.

On Tuesday, dozens of arrests were made in what international law enforcement believe is the biggest global crackdown on gangs involved in people smuggling across the Dover Strait.

https://news.sky.com/story/dozens-arrested-in-europe-wide-crack-down-on-english-channel-people-smuggling-gangs-12646750

A gang leader who boasted of smuggling dozens of women into the UK using HGVs and small boats has been jailed for 10 years.

In covertly obtained recordings by National Crime Agency investigators, Nzar Jabar Mohamad, from Hull, was heard telling criminal associates in Europe that “I brought too many women, I swear to God I can say I brought more than a hundred over.”

But 33-year-old Mohamad, who also used the name Nazar Masefi, was arrested by NCA officers while in the process of arranging an attempt to smuggle up to 21 people across the channel on a small boat in November 2019.

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/gang-leader-who-bragged-of-smuggling-more-than-100-women-into-uk-jailed-for-10-years

So that is one conviction. Arrests do not equal conviction.

One from a period of 10 years - it does appear that the effort being put into it is about zero.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrfill said:

The labour shortage is largely due to the number of British people 50-64 who have stopped becoming 'economically active'  since covid.

They could use the Albanians except of course, if they are claiming asylum they are not allowed to work until their claim is fully settled and those claims are being processed at a rate of 1.6 per officer per week. As a consequence of this deliberate under-staffing, claims are taking over 400 days. And while Sunak was whining on about how they have increased the number of officers by 500, he qualified it by saying that they would be in place by March 2023 i.e. they've only just started after the recent exposees.

Maybe Sunak is teaching the Albanians how to become Policemen and they wont be qualified until 2023 ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite so, who would want to live in the UK now, its full of illegal migrants?????

There are a great many people in the UK right now who are fed up with living there. For one reason or another (financial, family, work or health) they are not able to relocate to a place they would rather be. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

When we first went to live in the uk,it was simple bringing my then fiance over. Now if we want to come back,i must earn 18600 pounds,and have a home to live in

.well we have a place to live but i dont earn 18600 a year 

Easier to get a boat ove for her and claim asylum, crazy or not  anyway so glad i was born when Britain was full of British people

Anybody with more than half a brain went to Australia years ago

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Although my politics are left of centre, immigration in the UK is a problem. Forget 'human rights' people in the UK have rights too. Time to get tough.

1. legal migration exists, and will continue to do so.

2 Illegal entry into the UK is a crime, and anyone who lands in the UK should be considered as a criminal. Automatic fine for illegal entry. All services provided to them have to be paid for, including making them pay the NHS surcharge. All debts must be paid before the possibility of right of remain can be given.

3. Anyone from a safe country is automatically deported (40,000 of this years illegal migrants are Albanians).

4. Failed Asylum seekers get one appeal only, then automatic deportation.

5. No rights to benefits for asylum seekers until right to remain given.

6. No family members can join them unless they are employed and repaying their debts, usual migration rules apply.

7. Failure to obtain work or pay debts can result in deportation. If cannot be deported, they will be detained.

That's for starters. Obviously a lot more involved than this.

Far too sensible. It would never be possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone with a stolen loaf of bread also went to Australia years ago 

My step mum paid £10 to get there. Cost a lot more to come back. From her personal effects I've got the steamer trunk. Quite some history.