Big Joke investigating Immigration after attack on Chinese man - former chief demands "Overstay" action against foreign criminals

webfact

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lets hope not, because he will be coming for the rest of us once he's done with the real criminals.

Dealing with the real criminal will probably take several lifetimes especially if he concentrates on the police, as he is surrounded by them on all sides, as well as above and below.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Check everyone who use an agent , and then for every 10 that doesn’t actually qualify but an immigration officer granted visa , sack said immigration officer and disqualify the agent from working as a visa agent 

Sounds like Law and Order...........

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does anyone remember ever reading a report on this site that the authorities are cracking down on Thai criminal gangs? No, I thought not.

Can't ever see a day,  when they start to arrest themselves. :giggle:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Its called history. One of the reasons we left Thailand was waking up to 6 police vehicles full of police: 3 on my drive and 3 infront of my house. All to check if I was living in my house (living there for 8 years) and not working..... Oh and they had the audacity to want a group photo with me. Felt like an arch criminal... wait I left my army uniform in the uk many years ago....

They been to where my wife's house is twice.

The first time was with an army patrol as somebody had told them we had a rifle. Not strictly correct, though there was a broken BB rifle belonging to the guy who worked for our neighbour. After it was explained to them they asked politely if we minded if they could look around. No problem, and they even took off their shoes to go into the house.

As they left they apologised and explained that they had to follow up on the report.

The second time was 3 years ago when the Immigration police came to check if i actually lived here. 3 of them came in a pickup, talked to my wife and a couple of neighbours (and me). They took some photos and went away quite happily and have not returned since. We offered them cold drinks an food if they were hungry. They accepted the cold drinks but not the food.

There was no mention of tea money or petrol money.

That is all the visits we have had from the police in over 18 years.

Surely all extensions by the officers who worked on those criminals will be scrutinized, then probably many others checked with demands to see all conditions were fulfilled, before some draconian measures are added to conditions. Wonder how it'll go down for those who don't meet requirements and are using agents to arrange stuff upcountry...

Edited by tomazbodner
edited for clarity

23 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yeah I'll go with that. If you can't afford to live here legally then ..........! You shouldn't be here.

You have to actually come to Thailand first so don't worry about it.   

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Big Joke is playing with fire if he starts to mess about with immigration cops.....they wield a whole lot of power!

So does he. He's now top honcho!!!!!!!!

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who is totally suspicious of this man's sincerity? I don't buy his game for a minute. It appears to be all about publicity seeking and hunger for the limelight. 

The real question is, why was he brought back from exile? Has he done anything worthwhile? In a land where little is done to fight corruption, it seems some are convinced he is the savior. The one and only? Really? 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, malibukid said:

kick all the white trash expats out who won't put 20k into a Thai bank that pays very little interest.  deny entry to the Russians as well.  send them back to Putin

Send them all to Rwanda.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Time will tell. All you under the table jockies need to start worrying.

I think he is a xenophobic stooge, for the administration. Not sincere about much, other than his dislike for foreigners and expats. But, he is likely a dangerous man to our community. 

• Thanks 1

Thailand annexation to China almost complete. Just waiting for the 50 million or so to turn up when they are released. Good luck sorting out the good ones from the wrong uns.  Seriously doubt quality westerners will be there in any meaningful numbers. 

Eastern seaboard is a a dump site. 

9 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

only if you use an agent because you can't actually meet the requirements to stay long term.

Or maybe you get too stressed out by the nonsensical requirements/requests of Immigration that seem to change every time you need an extension?

I heard of a guy that had to go to Immigration EIGHT times before they gave him an "Under Consideration" Stamp! (Each time involving a lengthy wait to see the I.O. dealing with his case, and a lengthy trip to get there from his house!) 

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lets hope not, because he will be coming for the rest of us once he's done with the real criminals.

If you have something to hide - great, the sooner he comes looking for you the better. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

There was clear evidence that both Udon Thani and Phrae immigration had been defective in failing to check the criminals' claims they were students.

They were not studying of course.

If it can be shown that immigration officers in those places acted incorrectly he promised decisive action against them

Bent immigration officers... perish the thought

wash your mouth out with soap and write an apology immediately...

• Like 1