Things are now Getting back to Normal. But, IS Normalcy Good for You and Me?

GammaGlobulin

A return to normality (or normalcy as you call it) is something most buisinesses, large and small, will welcome. Having said that I personally rather enjoyed the slower pace of the lockdowns, but I appreciate the effects have been very bad for the world-wide  economy.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:58 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

I think I was still quite young, after the movie came out but we were able to conclude that love [romantic] meant always having to say you are sorry. 

For sure, love is pain. 

Love is also a drug. 

Too much dopamine. 

Still, we dopes fall every time. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 11/6/2022 at 7:16 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Great song- I loved it, but the VDO sucked mightily- complete <deleted> IMO.

What the heck! The Tears for Fears song went away and was replaced by Tiny Tim.

I am NOT referring to Tiny Tim, but to "everybody wants to rule the world".

Xi wants to rule the world for the betterment of the Chinese People, but not necessarily for the salvation of humanity. 

Great song. 

You're right!!! 

7 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

In regards to the past, it was a simpler time; however, in the U.S. the past was more repressive for people of color, for women, and for LGBQT+ people.  Let us remember the past for the good AND the bad.

The only difference today is that today far more people are practicing self-censorship. 

Human behavior is the same as it always was. 

On 11/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, hellohello123 said:

I'm pretty sure they're not expecting you to buy 100 types of toothpaste....

I'm not so sure. 

I'm sure they prefer that I buy a different tube for each day of the year. 

Sometimes, I feel so inundated by the multiplicity of available hair shampoos, about 500 in three aisles in the average Thailand supermarket, that I may begin washing my hair with the same stuff I use to wash my dishes. 

Dishwashing liquid has no downside, and is cheaper, and easier to always find the brand I normally use when I go shopping. 

No more wasted time searching the aisles at the mall.

3600 milliliters lasts a long time, too. 

Here, in Thailand, all the young girls care so much about their hair.

And, I wonder, if this brand might not do just about the same thing as any other brand.

Because, hair is hair.

And, if you knew anything about hair, then you would know that any good dishwashing liquid can do a very fine job.

The interesting thing about the chemistry of hair is that the chemical bonds of hair are affected by heat.  This is how a curling iron works.  I learned about these bonds in my Inorganic Chemistry Class at university.

This is how I know that dishwashing soap is OK for most of us.

Just make sure that you use a good brand which is not overly harsh to the skin.

If your hair falls out, then, this is probably not due to your choice of shampoo, but to other issues.  

I am only half joking.

And, of course, I do sometimes use dishwashing soap to wash my hair, with expected restults.

image.thumb.jpeg.da120c9260e1bf9e0c4ab8e5fa7bde9b.jpeg

Edited by GammaGlobulin

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Xi wants to rule the world for the betterment of the Chinese People, but not necessarily for the salvation of humanity. 

Great song. 

You're right!!! 

Agree, Xi is going to bring us all undone. In a very unpleasant manner, the likes of which we really can't comprehend right now. At that point, everyone here will be longing for the good ol days. Worrying about the multiplicity of toothpaste and shampoo brands will become worrying about how to get even a single tube of toothpaste of any brand. We're all f*%ked really, so let's appreciate what we have for now and savour every day, as it's not going to be like this forever.

13 minutes ago, Inala said:

Agree, Xi is going to bring us all undone. In a very unpleasant manner, the likes of which we really can't comprehend right now. At that point, everyone here will be longing for the good ol days. Worrying about the multiplicity of toothpaste and shampoo brands will become worrying about how to get even a single tube of toothpaste of any brand. We're all f*%ked really, so let's appreciate what we have for now and savour every day, as it's not going to be like this forever.

Xi's Come Undun!

Too many mountains.
Not enough stairs to climb.

Xi's Come Undun...

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

This is why our planet is dying, over populated and consumer/corporate greed.  We have to the lastest and best of everything. Humans are consuming more than the planet can provide. Climate change is only a small part of the problem.

We know more now than at any time in human history yet: ( assume everything listed is my opinion )

children are consumed by social media and fads

humans are more unhealthy ( rampant obesity )

sport is more observed than participated in

wars continue unabated- the UN is useless

greed is the primary motivation

overpopulation is destroying the environment

bad drugs are causing havoc ( alcohol, tobacco, cocaine etc )

the forces of law and order are losing the battle

education for many is a bad joke

bad manners are endemic

crime is out of control.

killing unborn children is seen as a right and no longer as a last resort for unviable foetuses, maternal health, rape and incest.

children are raised by strangers more than by a parent.

Things that used to be affordable for most are no longer:

accomodation- when people have to live in cars, society is shameful

health care

dentistry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We know more now than at any time in human history yet: ( assume everything listed is my opinion )

bad manners are endemic

crime is out of control.

killing unborn children is seen as a right and no longer as a last resort for unviable foetuses, maternal health, rape and incest.

health care

dentistry

Of course, you are correct that it seems that people are becoming expendable, even almost disposable items, along with fast fashion, fast furniture, fast everything. 

Still, we can remain thankful that there are those who still care about embryos. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

bad manners are endemic

crime is out of control.

health care

dentistry

That is the vision of chaos and decay broadcasted 24/7 by our beloved mainstream media, anyway.

It's calculated to create anxiety and despair among the general population. "Ordo Ab Chao" or 'order from chaos' is how we are divided and ruled using this technique. Create the problem, then the solution.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

What is 'normalcy'?!!!

You mean 'normality', right?

How is inventing all these idiotic words these days?  

Are you asking if there is any justification for the usage of the word "normalcy" in this day and age?

I would answer you, "no".

We are not now in a state of normalcy, and probably have never even been in one. If we ever had been in such a state, which is doubtful, then it would probably have been most dreadful.

Normalcy suggests a steady-state theory, and the universe is expanding, obviously.

Therefore, as you correctly point out, there can be no state of normalcy in a universe which is not only expanding, but a universe which is characterized by an accelerating expansion.

Unless you are OK with change, then you will never be happy here, one can predict.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, huangnon said:

That is the vision of chaos and decay broadcasted 24/7 by our beloved mainstream media, anyway.

It's calculated to create anxiety and despair among the general population. "Ordo Ab Chao" or 'order from chaos' is how we are divided and ruled using this technique. Create the problem, then the solution.

The solution isn't going to be pleasant though.