5am music blasting in the village.

bob smith

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Welcome to Thailand ! Its a cultural thing and is usually/generally because someone is ......

Going to be a Monk

Died

Getting Married.

You can complain, but it will fall on deaf ears ! Literally ????

A elderly nieghbor died and my wife is helping out with the food,cleanup, etc. I mentioned that it was awfully quiet funeral.

She said no alcohol at this particular funeral.  

I assume free alcohol at weddings, funerals, monkhood, brings out everyone including the rowdy ones in the villages. And thus rowdy and noisy behavior. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bob smith said:

no excuse for waking me up at 5am on a sunday but hey ho. cant expect them to think about other people can we. 

Did it ever occur to you that you were probably the only person who lives locally that wasn't invited?

If it's anything like the village where I live, literally everyone is up and about long before the sun comes up, included us.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

If i were you i'd hire loud speaker and blast off the 60' 70' 80' and see how they like them apples... 

Good Luck with that, try it and they come back with bigger and louder and a LOT more BASS (and that is the killer). SFH is the word for it, Speakers From Hell

• Like 2

Also please note (I have no idea how it is in other parts of Thailand) but nowadays you need a "permit" to have Music playing.

But that said it's easy to get such a permit all you need is

- Village Chief Signs

- Obotor Signs

- State the Reason for the "Party"

Hand it in at the Amphur, pay a small amount of money (I believe 20-100 THB) and get it.

My wife had to do this for the upcoming (New Year) ordination of her Son to become a Monk.

Edit: But I guess many people don't bother :whistling:

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

nah, think i'll put in a formal complaint instead.

To whom? The phu yai? Good luck with that.

I get the same about once every couple of months. I just close the windows, turn on the aircon, and inset my earplugs.

52 minutes ago, MJCM said:

5am you are lucky, one crazy ..... hole near old house stopped at around 1-1:30am with his Karaoke and then began at 3:30am-4:am with his Parade Truck.

Not one time but very often.

We moved

But he possibly thinks you're ungrateful; he gave you lots of free music, your response was complaints and no gratitude.  

• Like 2

I feel your pain buddy! 5am on a sunday is a worthy complaint!

The house next to me had a open house a few years ago and had the testicular fortitude to put twin tower speakers on the “soi”in front of my house  , he did apologize before hand  though 555.

3 days of this 8 am till 2am !

I complained to buda and my wife,which resulted in us going out for dinner and a few drinks!

Blame it on Thai culture  !
I got over it once we got into my 3rd beer and realized it was temporary!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

It is all your mistake!!! If you would not be such a d****, they would have invited you to the party and you would have a blast too!

Kind of a "wild west" thing....The last Monk ordination one we were around ended up with a shoot out over some man complimenting a lady on how she looked.....

One reason I stay away from my wife's families' location in central TH as far as living is concerned.....

Her family are regular folks - but there's a reason they have a 7ft wall around their property....

• Like 1