3 nights in Bangkok

capin

Friendly reminder, Don't forget that Chatuchak is a weekend market. I live nearby and regularly see disappointed tourists who go there during the week, only to find the market closed, unless of course you want a pot plant. During the week you would be limited to JJ Mall, Mixt Shopping Complex and a few furniture shops. 

15 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

He loves to talk about hookers.

I am just open and honest about it , others tend to mention it in a "nudge nudge, wink wink" kind of way with hints and innuendos , like going to a massage parlour and nudge nudge wink wink..............."a happy ending", "know what I mean" 

Just say you're going to a shop to pay to get masturbated , no need to be coy about it  

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

60s is never too old for experimenting, or reliving our past experiences  You'd be surprised what us hippie dippy types were up to in our youth.

Some of you youngins' just don't know how to get your freak on.

Having sex outside of marriage was considered to be living outside of societies norms back then , seeing a woman's breasts was something that you'd pay the entrance fee to a movie cinema just to see .

Having sex was a wild achievement .

For the younger generation, its just a normal regular thing to do .

Some older guys still paying prostitutes thinking they are achieving something , laughable really 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am just open and honest about it , others tend to mention it in a "nudge nudge, wink wink" kind of way with hints and innuendos , like going to a massage parlour and nudge nudge wink wink..............."a happy ending", "know what I mean" 

Just say you're going to a shop to pay to get masturbated , no need to be coy about it  

More crude

5 hours ago, dsj said:

Most of the bars from Soi 22 have relocated to Soi 7 just before Beer Garden. Also Soi Cowboy is dead, I was there about 7 weeks ago and it's dead as 1/4 of the bars are still closed. Nana Plaza is the place to go to.

Imho Soi Cowboy was dying well before Covid the bars on Soi 22 all demolished. Nana far better for that sort of entertainment.

I avoid Bangkok like the plague. Its a dirty busy city, with the nightlife spread over too far a distance. I much prefer Pattaya with all its main nightlife in 2 tight geograpical areas on Soi Baukau/LK Metro/Tree Town and Walking Street. 

Prices much more resonable as well.

Oasis on cowboy is a 'normal' bar/pub (no ladies on stage).  food is good.  they have pool tables upstairs.  this is close to the soi 23 side of cowboy.  fairly short walk from your hotel.  there is a pedestrian overpass to cross sukhumvit at soi 18.  past cowboy on soi 23, i like a place called Craft.  it is an outdoor beer garden of sorts with a wide ranging menu (mainly western though).  the craft beer is expensive (+/-300thb for a pint) but non craft beer is available (150thb).  most nights they have a DJ that plays some music.  across 23 from Craft is the Clubhouse, standard pub type place.  i believe they also have pool tables upstairs.

Recommend Icon Siam for a shopping eating visit !

Go into the basement level for good food set out like a floating market.

Browse shops upto floor 7 for Starbucks, go onto their deck for jncredible views over the city.

Evening, consider a dinner cruise, this has plenty of food beer etc, live entertainment and all the sites and illuminations of Bangkok. Well worth the price.

If you head there for lunch, browse the afternoon, early evening they do a music lights and fountain display, wait short time then board the boat for 2 hrs trip.

The following is in Thai but you'll get a feel for it......

Sports Pub on Soi 13 is good 'un with lots of specials like a free BBQ on talent night. Very English vibe. Can't fault the Landmark Hotel Lunch Buffet for the reasonable price. If you have some $100 bills burning a hole in your pocket, the Marriot high end Sunday buffet is worth YouTubing up.  Gaucho's Steakhouse is worth the money.

Na Aroon, behind Bumrungrad Hospital lists itself as a 5* vegetarian restaurant, but has a full meat and fish menu too. Def one of my top 5 Thai meals. Cabbages and Condoms has superb food too and is a fun visit,

If you like Korean food, the little Korean Town mall is worth it if you are of the Shabu Shabu persuasion. The higher floor restaurants offer up more of the little side dishes (banchin) to entice you up the escalator.

Suk Road is legendary for Indian food options that seem even better than in India. Rang Mahal has buffet on Sunday worth a look. Most of the high end Indian places do. Charcoal was my fave brunch, but Punjabi Grill was my fave all arounder (fine brunch there too). The Sports Pub will also order you in a stellar curry from the place next door too. 

There's a sushi place on that side soi that abuts soi 11 that is very Tokyo-style and one of the great sushi deals in Bangkok. It's next to Narry's Tailor shop. I went 4 times in 2 weeks.

Def. look at the high end hotels individually to see what seafood promotions etc. they're offering.