'Retirement visa' 800k usage rules..

You have to keep 800,000 in for the first 3 months after renewal , then you cannot go below 400,000 for the next 6 months . Then you have to have 800,000 in time for your next renewal.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

On the day you apply for 12 month extension the 800k needs to have been in the bank for 2 previous months.

Then maintained for next 3 months then can be reduced to not below 400k and back up to 800k two months prior to day of next application 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

You have to keep 800,000 in for the first 3 months after renewal , then you cannot go below 400,000 for the next 6 months . Then you have to have 800,000 in time for your next renewal.

That's not quite correct..

10 minutes ago, curtklay said:

The only correct info on this thread is from Dr. Jack.  Everyone else, please refrain from posting when you don't know what you're talking about.

As for the arrogant posting by you , may I say , some people post because they are trying to be helpful , don't knock the help.

I am sure the OP will be able to work out from these fragmented posts which direction to take.

If only the people posted who actually know what they are talking about , we wouldn't have a forum.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No has not changed.

Just that your post was specific re not below 400k for next 6 months.

The number of months between each extension can vary as application can be made on day of expiration of permission of stay or up to 45/3O days prior.

Forget the 6 month idea.

It's 2 months prior and 3 months post 800k and not below 400k at any other times 

Will someone please just draw an info graphic for this with a one year timeline.  The info is perfectly suited for graphical representation.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

And that includes being aware of the regional variations for some processes.

So true.

I had a chuckle thinking how this rider almost needs to be on every thread. 

In fact I believe there is an immigration office that requires the 800k  THREE months prior (can't recall which office) 

On 11/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, NE1 said:

What a load of nonsense. best just use an agent. This country sure sucks at times.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, curtklay said:

The only correct info on this thread is from Dr. Jack.  Everyone else, please refrain from posting when you don't know what you're talking about.

Can't blame anybody. Thai IO's often just do what they want, no wonder people get confused.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So true.

In fact I believe there is an immigration office that requires the 800k  THREE months prior (can't recall which office) 

Doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So true.

It probably wouldn't get read in most cases. 

You need a very sharp mind and a good memory to give the right info in this branch. That's why I only try and answer questions if nobody smart is awake and it looks like the OP needs a quick answer (eg. posting from a different timezone and it's 3am here).  But I'll tell the OP I'm not 100% sure and then tag UJ so he can clean up my mess in the morning ????

I don't tag yourself because I'm not sure if you'd appreciate it, not because I don't rate you work.

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Last time I did my Yearly , I got an extra clipped into my passport.

I went back to the counter and told him the date on this slip was not the date of my next 90 day report ( it was a month off )

he told me it was the 90 day showing of your bank book and bank letter to show I had not gone below 800,000 .

I haven't done that at our office for the last Two yearly extensions , it looks like it has started up again.

3 Month Bank.png

You can safely ignore a 90 day show money report.

But do not ignore 90 day address reports!!!!

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My 90 day reports are done on line so no worries there , but he was adamant about the bank book and letter.

2 hours ago, curtklay said:

As far as I can see, Dr Jack has only said 'no, not correct' and 'nup'. It would be far more helpful if he said which part was not correct ie 7 months instead of 6.

Although I would have thought that the OP, Mr Oww would have known this after 10 years as a member here.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But when it comes to renewing your extension at 12 months, if the IO sees that you went below 400k at any time, there goes your renewal.

3 hours ago, curtklay said:

There would be no forum if people who didn't know what they were talking about, didn't post!

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:26 PM, hotandsticky said:

It would help if you clarified the 2 months requirement prior to application....... unless anything else wasn't quite correct....????

When I was at school, two months meant say from 23rd June to 22nd August, that is two CALENDAR months. If talking about Jan/March, then 31 + 28 = 59 days, March to May = 31+30 = 61 days.

You can apply up to 2 weeks in advance so the number of days is actually irrelevant.