Best pharmacy on Koh Phangan and Koh Samui?

agg211

There are so many pharmacies on the islands and I presume they all are "the best" – just like the pancake men with their street kitchens, each of them have a sign saying "Best pancakes on Samui", and probably also Phangan – personally I use either my local so-called mum & dad-pharmacy (it's a pharmacist lady owner) or the chain Morya, which has branches all over Samui...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best and by far the cheapest pharmacy on Koh Phangan is tucked away directly behind the Bangkok Bank in Thong Sala. I have used this pharmacy for more than 10 years and the lady pharmacist is very knowledgeable and helpful.  She has never once tried to rip me off with expensive products, unlike certain other establishments on the island! The pharmacy is only open in the evenings during the week and all day on Saturday and Sunday.

I found Boots in Central Festival to be price competitive for the stuff I usually buy (NSAIDs). I generally avoid pharmacies which don't have bar code scanning at the checkout, often farang prices are applied on the spot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 6:06 AM, delgarcon said:

The best and by far the cheapest pharmacy on Koh Phangan is tucked away directly behind the Bangkok Bank in Thong Sala. I have used this pharmacy for more than 10 years and the lady pharmacist is very knowledgeable and helpful.  She has never once tried to rip me off with expensive products, unlike certain other establishments on the island! The pharmacy is only open in the evenings during the week and all day on Saturday and Sunday.

yes she has a great reputation

If I’m visiting Samui i go to Boots but as i live on Phangan i use a very good pharmacy behind the Bangkok bank it is my understanding the pharmacist who is a very nice and helpful lady works in the government hospital so Monday to Friday it only opens at 5 pm and closes at 9 pm Saturday and Sunday it’s open from  9 am until 5 pm her costs are excellent compered to other pharmacies on Phangan hope this help 

• Like 1