VLC Media Problems.

NoshowJones

34 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

OK Thanks.

That was the .14 but now on .17 version and just installed with no issues and working fine for first hour.  But make sure you remove previous VLC installs as not sure new versions remove old (had 2 installs on my computer) - I removed before install (was using .16 version).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That was the .14 but now on .17 version and just installed with no issues and working fine for first hour.  But make sure you remove previous VLC installs as not sure new versions remove old (had 2 installs on my computer) - I removed before install (was using .16 version).

I did that so I'll wait and see what happens now.

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I downloaded it then they wanted my bank details 1000Bt+ per year.

Cannot understand that. I download the regular updated versions from one of the three links in the page I posted; https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm

Download:

Type: Location: Hosted By:
HTTPS Server 1 Codec Guide
HTTPS Server 2 Codec Guide
HTTPS Server 3 (external) MajorGeeks
Edited by The Fugitive
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Most consistently reliable media player I have found to be; https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm

The standard version here includes the actual media player plus all the codecs and settings most people are ever likely to need.

I now have the LD multiplayer and it looks very promising, but is there anyway I can get the English language on the icon which I put on my taskbar?

17 hours ago, MJCM said:

Are you talking about this?

https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm

Weird for me it's in English.

Link to download is here: https://files3.codecguide.com/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1725_Standard.exe

Is that the LD Multiplayer9? Looks very promising. Have the icon on my taskbar, but cannot get it in English.

The link that was posted doesn't have something called LD Multiplayer.

The standard variant contains a few additional features compared to the basic variant. It contains Media Player Classic, which is an excellent player for video files. This pack is recommended for the average user.

Media Player Classic is the Player in that download.

LD Multiplayer all I can find is some Android Game Emulator

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Where did you download this from??

I'm not sure, I have tried links from yourself and other posters and this is the only download I have managed to get. It has everything I need. Like I said I have put it on my taskbar but no English.

I have had so much help from yourself and other posters, all of it has been positive. I should have just stuck to the one post, but have got myself a bit confused by trying other ones and had difficulty getting one until the LD Muliplayer9 popped up and it seems really good apart from the language problem.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

LD Muliplayer9

LD Multiplayer I have search and searched but ALL I can find that is a program that allows you play Android Games on your PC.

It is afaik not a Media Player like VLC or Mediaplayer-Classic.

It most certainly doesn't help that you can't post Screenshot

Try this. and see if it works

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

I still do urge you to download that HitmanPro program I linked to do a scan off your PC

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Unbelievable,  are trying to say I have fabricated the popup.

No I didn’t say that, but you saying that Vlc Has a problem.

sorry if I offended you.

You should check why it isn’t auto updating before saying that VLC has a problem.

have you checked the firewall? And what about downloading the latest version from their website and installing that, does that solve your problem?

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

LD Multiplayer I have search and searched but ALL I can find that is a program that allows you play Android Games on your PC.

It is afaik not a Media Player like VLC or Mediaplayer-Classic.

It most certainly doesn't help that you can't post Screenshot

Try this. and see if it works

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

I still do urge you to download that HitmanPro program I linked to do a scan off your PC

I'm sorry I really do appreciate all your help but this latest link is only confusing me more. I am really only interested in learning things to do with entertainment which to me is downloading movies and TV shows to watch as well as being on TV/AN. I keep on coming on here to the computer forum because I get help from friends the way I used to. I have no friends left now where I live upcountry as they have all died or moved back to their home country. The last time I even spoke to another local Farang in person was at the funeral of my last friend about three months ago.

I have learned quite a lot about computers, but I don't see the point of trying to learn things I am not going to use much, or not interested in, and screenshots come into that category.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I'm not sure, I have tried links from yourself and other posters and this is the only download I have managed to get. It has everything I need. Like I said I have put it on my taskbar but no English.

I have had so much help from yourself and other posters, all of it has been positive. I should have just stuck to the one post, but have got myself a bit confused by trying other ones and had difficulty getting one until the LD Muliplayer9 popped up and it seems really good apart from the language problem.

My apologies about LDC Multiplayer, I have no idea where that came from I have never even heard of it. I was confusing it with MBC-HC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I will try and download this.

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

This link is mostly in Thai, I cannot find how to change it to English.

Please ignore this, something has gone wrong somewhere. I have never asked for this LCD multiplayer. How it got here I do not know. Just another case of a computer being a computer.

21 hours ago, sandyf said:

I don't think it is anything to do with windows.

A few weeks ago when I went to VLC I got a pop up saying I should install the latest version 3.0.14, I haven't done anything and still get the same popup.

The latest version is now 3.0.17.4 - I think that says it all.

In the meantime just using windows media player.

Windows media player does not have a volume control.

20 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Cannot understand that. I download the regular updated versions from one of the three links in the page I posted; https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm

Download:

Type: Location: Hosted By:
HTTPS Server 1 Codec Guide
HTTPS Server 2 Codec Guide
HTTPS Server 3 (external) MajorGeeks

I have downloaded this and now have the MPC-HC player. I did this on my laptop. It does not work, but it works well on my desk top. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Windows media player does not have a volume control.

Apologies I meant Windows Films & TV, I used to use media player until I got Win 10, now I have both from Windows.

I have however just had a look at media player and mine has a volume control, just to the right of  centre.

On Films & TV the volume control is bottom left corner.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

No I didn’t say that, but you saying that Vlc Has a problem.

sorry if I offended you.

You should check why it isn’t auto updating before saying that VLC has a problem.

have you checked the firewall? And what about downloading the latest version from their website and installing that, does that solve your problem?

I didn't say VLC had a problem, the popup from VLC clearly stated the team had sent out a bug.

I am not offended but I get a bit irritated when people do not pay attention to what is posted.

You would have to show me where I asked for advice.

In my first post I said I hadn't done anything, and it will remain that way.

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

In my first post I said I hadn't done anything, and it will remain that way.

Understood, but IMHO if I see a pop-up like that I would like to solve it, and if the Internal Updater doesn't work then I would go to the manufacturers site and download the latest (release) version.

Maybe a good idea if you run a program called SUMO, which scans your PC for outdated software programs, (it's free to use, only need to pay if you want the program to download the updates for you, but I don't and go to the Manufacturer / App maker site and download the Apps myself.)

Link to site: https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo

Link to portable version: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/files/sumo.zip

Ps: Sumo stands for Software Update Monitor

Edited by MJCM
Posted wrong link

18 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I have downloaded this and now have the MPC-HC player. I did this on my laptop. It does not work, but it works well on my desk top. Any suggestions?

I install and use it on two laptops and my desktop. Works equally well and in the same way on all three. Did you see any warnings at the very beginning when you installed about graphic cards?

8 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I install and use it on two laptops and my desktop. Works equally well and in the same way on all three. Did you see any warnings at the very beginning when you installed about graphic cards?

I did not see any warnings about anything and don't even know what a graphic card is.

I have the icon on my desktop so I cannot see why it should not work. It works on VLC, for the time being, and Windows media, so why not on MPC-HC?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I did not see any warnings about anything and don't even know what a graphic card is.

I have the icon on my desktop so I cannot see why it should not work. It works on VLC, for the time being, and Windows media, so why not on MPC-HC?

If your Windows installation is fully updated you should not have any issues with display (that's where your graphic card and updated device drivers come into it). Is the problem lack of graphics or sound or both? Or is it that clicking 'open with MPC-HC' just does nothing?

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

If your Windows installation is fully updated you should not have any issues with display (that's where your graphic card and updated device drivers come into it). Is the problem lack of graphics or sound or both? Or is it that clicking 'open with MPC-HC' just does nothing?

Both. When I go to watch a movie there is VLC and Windows media to click on, but no MPC-HC, despite the icon s

"(that's where your graphic card and updated device drivers come into it)"

Sorry, I don't understand that bit, despite the icon showing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Both. When I go to watch a movie there is VLC and Windows media to click on, but no MPC-HC, despite the icon s

"(that's where your graphic card and updated device drivers come into it)"

Sorry, I don't understand that bit, despite the icon showing.

Don't worry. Important thing is you must be doing things correctly because it works OK on your desktop. Sometimes you can have too much installed and get conflicts. To make life easy, I would uninstall the MPC-HC and VLC. Go to Control Panel/Programs. Then, restart your laptop, and install instead the very good media player called 'Pot Player'. Download from this page. It's totally free. https://potplayer.daum.net/