Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

9 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

No. Just no. 
So you’re not allowed to change your mind once you see how bad your decision was? In there lies madness. Brexit was a horrible decision made by individuals not equipped to know the full consequences of their decision but blinded by xenophobia and/or racism and a Little Britain mentality. It had to be that because it certainly wasn’t anything sensible. It wasn’t based on inclusiveness or moving the world forward and it certainly wasn’t based on economics. 
There comes a point where you have to accept the result was wrong, accept is was wrong and move on to correcting it. 

Have you thought about moving back to the U.K and seeing how the U.K is post Brexit ?

You will get a more balanced view if you see it and live it first hand , rather than viewing and commenting from the other side of the World ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, puchooay said:

That may be true where you live, not where I do. 

Alot of what is in the media is exaggerated.

Its OK where I live as well . 

Surprisingly OK actually , the poorer people are currently being looked after with cost of living payments , energy bill help and food from food banks if hungry and low unemployment as well .

Inflation is a problem and that needs to be solved , seems like the only people moaning and complaining are those that don't live in the UK and live abroad 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a leak ( by definition anonymous), it was widely reported and Rees-Mogg among others took it seriously.

If you don’t think it a matter of concern, don’t let it bother you.

But take note ( or disregard if you wish) the criticisms of Brexit from business leaders, from former backers of Brexit, from the critical financial sector party and within the media are very steadily growing.

Polls on public opinion are drifting against Brexit and towards re-joining the EU.

The UK is in desperate need of economic growth and the Chancellor of the Exchequer has clearly stated ‘unfettered trade with the UK’s closest neighbours would be good for growth’.

Try actually answering a question without your usual BS;

Please answer this question, with an actual answer, which I have asked before. 

I will keep asking until you do!

Reliable information has an attributable, quotable and verifiable source. 

A "leaked" source does not meet that standard until the source of the leak is uncovered and either confirmed as true or found to be false.

What is the verifiable source of your leak please?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its OK where I live as well . 

Surprisingly OK actually , the poorer people are currently being looked after with cost of living payments , energy bill help and food from food banks if hungry and low unemployment as well .

Inflation is a problem and that needs to be solved , seems like the only people moaning and complaining are those that don't live in the UK and live abroad 

If things are so peachy and the public so contended, how do you explain the Government's lack of popularity in the polls?

I've got an idea that polls are bias, inaccurate, etc will figure somewhere in the answer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems too obvious for me to bother giving specifics other than the proliferation of American style ( and branded ) fast food outlets. Does Britain have no equivalent of maccers or BK?

In the town I lived in up until this year, 15 Indian and kebab restaurant/takeaways and 1 Macdonalds, that's without about 10 Chinese restaurant/takeaways.

That's a town of about 22,000 people.

8 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Bit it got massively conflated by a Brexit lobby that relied on the UKs natural xenophobia. We fought the Germans and Italians, we rescued the French and those Spanish/Greeks are just lazy letharios. You know,   “if it wasn’t for us you’d all be goose stepping around your living room” type of thinking. 
And even now a Brexit fan finds it difficult to admit his xenophobia, preferring statements like “terrible idea, cultures not same”. 

What has this rubbish got to do with the reasoning for forming the EU?

24 minutes ago, roo860 said:

In the town I lived in up until this year, 15 Indian and kebab restaurant/takeaways and 1 Macdonalds, that's without about 10 Chinese restaurant/takeaways.

That's a town of about 22,000 people.

No chippies?

• Thumbs Up 1