Thailand’s crazy laws - it’s just as well many people just ignore them - they are “a ass”

webfact

I find the law that says I cannot occasionally bury my wife up to her neck in an ant hill........ totally unfair!

--------------

--------------

(Okay, okay. I don't know that such a law actually exists. But if it doesn't, they'd probably still get me for "animal cruelty." Cruelty to the ants, that is!)

Cheers!

*wink*

51 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

I see you’re still letting Donald Trump live in your head rent free God bless the greatest president United States has ever had Donald Trump

Gee, I ran this post through Google Translate and all it gave me were some really rude and demeaning adjectives.........

*wink*

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chudless said:

If you're going to use English slang, get it right. It's sovs not sobs....a sov is Cockney slang for a quid (even though a sovereign used to the equivalent of 1 pound 5 pence)

A sovereign IS a pound. A guinea is 21/- or 1 pound 5 pence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chudless said:

If you're going to use English slang, get it right. It's sovs not sobs....a sov is Cockney slang for a quid (even though a sovereign used to the equivalent of 1 pound 5 pence)

It did? I thought it was simply a pound coin....you mean a guinea!

Sobs by the way is OK... yes rumoured to be a mispronunciation of 'sovs', but the former is heard repeatedly from Arthur Daley, in Minder!

Edited by jacko45k

11 hours ago, London Lowf said:

A swan can be very aggressive and intimidating, but being able to break your arm is a myth/old wives tale.

If it manages to knock you off a 10 foot wall it can break a leg too.. best left alone!

On 11/12/2022 at 9:12 AM, webfact said:

Freedom to break the law and do exactly as one pleases if it suits you. It is both endearing and damaging. Both heartening and tragic in relatively equal measure. Fine if you’re not on the receiving end of bad justice.

Perhaps a belief in some kind of 'Universal Justice', or Karma has something to do with Thai beliefs, as Christian values determine British culture.  It is hard for people of one culture to understand other cultures, so often belittle them, thinking absurdly that their culture is better. 

If I look at Thai people and British people, I am reminded of what an India Chief said to Carl Jung -  He said that in his perception most white people have tense faces, staring eyes, and a cruel demeanor. He said: “They are always seeking something. What are they seeking? The whites always want something. They are always uneasy and restless. We don’t know what they want. We think they are mad.”

On 11/12/2022 at 9:12 AM, webfact said:

Namely the absurd banning of the sale of alcohol from 2 pm to 5pm. It’s caught Rooster out so many times over the years, mainly because I’m an infrequent boozer who sometimes fancies a bevvy from 7-Eleven in the afternoon.

The reason for its introduction was given as a public moral thing, making sure that Thais worked a full day. As if that would make any difference. Very Victorian in its nature, treating people like kids.

Thailand is a few decade behind the west in many areas. You will remember in the UK, bars were closed on Sundays, this is as an absurd law as closing from 2-5pm.

Thailand's drinking laws are better for an alcoholic that the UK was for me. Sunday are a distant memory but still haunting, and this was in the 1980s. 

On 11/13/2022 at 3:31 AM, cowellandrew said:

You cant even own your own truck in the UK check the log book 

The V5C logbook provided by DVLA is not evidence of legal car ownership. Instead, it states the name and address of the registered keeper as the responsible owner or driver of the vehicle.

That doesn't mean you can't own it just that the revised document doesn't show ownership. 

Usually the owner and registered keeper are the same. There is a reason for our but I can't remember what it is now. I think there's a situation where a company owns a vehicle but the driver is the registered keeper. 

One other thing that I think isn't entirely correct is the idea of being jailed for not having a TV licence. I think you can be fined for not having one and then be jailed for non payment of a court imposed fine which is normal procedure.  I think the original reason for needing one regardless of what you were watching was it's very difficult to check on people. 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:20 AM, Harveyboy said:

yep no helmet no insurance no tax no brakes ..only 12 years old  that's fine... But No Shirt.. Terrible 

there is a Primary school across the road from the house i lived in from 2007 to 2021. they were 10-year-olds with younger passengers. sometimes with as many as 5 kids arriving and parking their bikes just out of the school grounds. i have seen the same kids after school going into town and watched Royal Plod stopping them and querying their lack of helmets. 

is there a consortium or club that enjoys membership of Plod and Motorbike accessory retailers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... So the Soccer Break over ??? 

Do you have enough energy left for a Few more TIT and lets Love it Rooster Reports ???

I am still struggling, ??? but getting it better now (Post CV 19 ... MY Main Problem) ... but doing OK now.

Ps. Still an Avid driver, and taking my Grand Daughter to Collège now, ... Which requires the 120 k Lane !!! ... As she always is late !!! .... (You Know teenagers !!!) .... So driving at this speed while a 17 Year old puts her ... VAST ... amount of make up on in the passenger seat !!! or even blow dries her hair !!! In her little heart shaped Mirror !!! .... (Like Nice right !!! ... Just watch the fuel tankers and Industry work busses in the other lanes !!!) 

Still !!! it is better than Dyeing under Neath the Railway station back at Home in Australia, where Immigration to get Cheaper Labor !!! ... Seems to be More Important than housing all of our Older people, that we already have ??? ... ??? 

The Brave New world !!!