How is Hua Hin nowadays?

JemJem

Hey folks. It has been ages since I last posted in the forum. Happy to be back. 

Anyway, I am back in Thailand after nearly 3 years. 

I saw a similar thread here but that one was several months old so I started a new one. 

I am in Bangkok now. Actually, I am planning to go to Hua Hin next Friday. For at least a week. Some recent videos and comments on YouTube made me think like the place is still very much empty. Is that so? I am not much of a hardcore nightlife guy anymore, but I was hoping the place was gradually getting back to late 2019 levels, when I was there last. For example, is the huge beer garden near the middle of Soi Bintabaat up and running as before? That place is one of my favorite ones.

Also, how about the venues along the main street just off the beach? 

Cheers. 

Jem

Edited by JemJem

We're back this week too.

I think I read the same thread - seemed to be much quieter & some places closed down(not that it was ever busy, busy)

I was thinking of popping down for a 4-5 days - luckily one of our condos is in Rama2 so we can get off early. That road is a nightmare from BKK - esp' now due to roadworks ( My wife went back in March and the traffic was awful)

If it's quiet, there maybe some good deals at the high-end hotels etc.

The ones we've looked at in BKK/Samed/Pattaya are pretty normal prices for time of year.

We're just looking for a few decent bars/restaurants and nice beach area ( and me access to watch the world-cup ) in a decent hotel ????

57 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

If it's quiet, there maybe some good deals at the high-end hotels etc.

The ones we've looked at in BKK/Samed/Pattaya are pretty normal prices for time of year.

Keep in mind the first two weekends of December are long Thai weekends that many Thais will be traveling.  Many hotels are expensive those weekends already.  Hua Hin tends to attract a lot of Bangkokians for the weekend, so book early in the place you want to stay if you intend to be there during those two weekends.

7 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nightlife no idea. I stayed in the southern part. Mostly old guys in HH. Some looked totally lost.

Hardcore nightlife I dont know what that is.

Plenty of farangs at train station. 

Some look totally lost? Most look totally lost. Typically alcoholic losers who can,t even count to ten in Thai. The Walking Dead I call them this includes women.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Some look totally lost? Most look totally lost. Typically alcoholic losers who can,t even count to ten in Thai. The Walking Dead I call them this includes women.

Yeah but these ones looked sober, not drinkers. I wonder if they picked HH by mistake. There isnt much to do there.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...