Net set to widen on Chinese money gangs, top police officer warns of powerful financial interests

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s most famous policeman and fix-it-man from police headquarters has revealed that investigators are preparing further arrests in relation to Chinese grey money gangs which have infiltrated the kingdom.

So they let these gangs infiltrate the Kingdom and establish a powerful foothold? And now they're "doing something"?

I suspect now it's more about negotiating the proper commsission and establishing the guidelines about what is allowed. I'm kind of surprised the traditional Thai Mafia has allowed these foreign gangs to flourish?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

So they let these gangs infiltrate the Kingdom and establish a powerful foothold? And now they're "doing something"?

I suspect now it's more about negotiating the proper commsission and establishing the guidelines about what is allowed. I'm kind of surprised the traditional Thai Mafia has allowed these foreign gangs to flourish?

Thai Mafia are 2 bit players when compared to ultra wealthy Chinese tycoons/ kingpins.  And it wouldn't surprised me that the criminal element in LOS are in cohoots with the Chinese 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

General Surachate Hakparn or ‘Big Joke’ underlined that police do not fear being sued by the criminal gangs but said that they had to approach the case from this point with care and diligence as they were fighting groups who were financially very powerful. At the same time, he underlined the importance of pursuing the evidence tenaciously to uphold the law.

Stepping on the toes of those above your pay grade is dicey in Thailand.