US midterms: Republicans narrowly win back the House

Scott

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Hunter will be taken care of by law enforcement hopefully.  If it can be done in a non political way, so much the better.  The DOJ has been getting too involved in political vendettas lately- let local law enforcement handle things if possible. Get him on the gun charges, prostitution, fraud, etc. 

The midterms proved that there just isn't the level of vitriol and anti-Biden (Hunter OR Joe) sentiment in the country to match the anti-Trump and anti-MAGA factions.   IMHO it is better to take the high road on this one.

I'd like to agree with you, but I doubt that anything would happen to him if left to local law enforcement. Rich people or people with influential families seem to get away with bad things that the ordinary bloke would go down for.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You highlight one of the problems the GOP had in the mid term elections. Lack of specifics, specifically.   A lot of people who were at least mildly miffed with Biden and the state of the country STILL voted Democratic, and that is one reason why.    I would like to see: the Student Loan Payoff cancelled, The so-called Inflation Reduction Act repealed for a start.  

Most oppositions win by not being the gov. Voters are gun shy. Avg voter is a sheep, you will scare them with big policies. 

• Thumbs Up 1