Chuwit: They buy elections but can't give the people true happiness - firebrand former MP enters World Cup rights debate

webfact

6 hours ago, Trevor Collins said:

I reside in the UK, so when I make arrangements to travel to Thailand I book my flight and car parking well in advance, to get the best possible price. Likewise, the Thai government should have bought the broadcast rights to the FIFA World Cup well in advance and not leave it to the last minute.

If they don't understand this, then maybe they should employ an outside expert to help. 

Poor way to bargain. Flights are set in price and not bargained.

The Japanese are famous for last minute bargaining.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The intimation was clear - they pay people to vote for their preferred candidates with huge cash inducements, this is just a measly one billion.

Anyone who thinks elections are free and fair in Thailand need to open their eyes wider.

FIFA wants about $45million from Thailand. Makes me wonder how much other contries paid. Heck, USA is five times the population so how much did USA pay? Australia has far fewer people, how much did Australia get charged? Any of the nations fielding teams should be paying on a sliding scale depending on how far their country goes in the tournament. Any nation not winning even one game should get a partial refund.

27 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

FIFA wants about $45million from Thailand. Makes me wonder how much other contries paid. Heck, USA is five times the population so how much did USA pay? Australia has far fewer people, how much did Australia get charged? Any of the nations fielding teams should be paying on a sliding scale depending on how far their country goes in the tournament. Any nation not winning even one game should get a partial refund.

Here's who's got the rights world wide

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_broadcasting_rights

But can't find who paid what.

Here's what Fox and Telemundo paid

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-snags-fifa-world-cup-broadcast-rights-espn-32056/

but for 2018 and 2022. Now Fox has 2026 wrapped up too.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

Stop whining Thailand, Shuck up the Baht , You have no problems making foreigners pay dual prices.

You either pay up or miss The Cup  !! That simple ???? 

İt's yust 22 people kicking a bag of vvind about