mmasked and embarrassed

1FinickyOne

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Lots of Thais no masks in small towns. 

My village similar, letting go gradually.

But, I got baled up my my retired school teacher neighbour yesterday at nearby Tesco about not wearing a mask.

He still wears one driving alone in his car but not when people visit his house.

He tells me his house no have Covid.

Go figure eh?

Many Thai chin guards at Tesco.????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

It's called civility, you should try it sometimes instead of trying to rub the locals noses in their alleged lesser intellectual capacity.

So if locals get 8 tattoos and drink 8 beers a day you do it too?

Many Thais in beach towns and isaan no masks all day long.

• Love It 2

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I live in Pattaya city centre, should I move so I don't need to feel embarrassed by not wearing a mask? Cities are known as the worst areas for transmission.

I think you are hijacking the conversation to suit your narrative.????????

• Love It 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

So if locals get 8 tattoos and drink 8 beers a day you do it too?

Many Thais in beach towns and isaan no masks all day long.

I don't live in Isaan or a beach town (Pattaya is a city). If most Thais didn't wear masks I wouldn't either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Here's a news flash, COVID is not over in quite a few countries, including Thailand. It keeps morphing into new variants.

The data is saying an infected person is 70% less likely to infect others when wearing a mask, and an uninfected person is 30% less likely to become infected when wearing a mask.

Anti-maskers don't like those facts, just as anti-vaxxers don't like the statistics that say vaccination reduces the risk of death or "long COVID" by an order of magnitude.

Post a link to data

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Do I remember correctly? Some posts disparaging BritWomenToo

Brit women aren't a race, I'm not a racist and don't use Thai racial slurs when talking about white folk. Not to mention I don't really care who people are or what people are doing when at an airport.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I can see why you posted this into the pub forum. All you're doing is trying to make people feel embarrassed for not wearing a mask when there is no longer a government mandate to do so. Yes covid is still around and many still catch it, but it is no longer the monster it once was. 

If you want to wear a mask, wear one. I do myself occasionally, but there's no way I'm changing my habits unless it becomes serious again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

My village similar, letting go gradually.

But, I got baled up my my retired school teacher neighbour yesterday at nearby Tesco about not wearing a mask.

He still wears one driving alone in his car but not when people visit his house.

He tells me his house no have Covid.

Go figure eh?

Many Thai chin guards at Tesco.????????

Same in my local Lotus's.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Here's a news flash, COVID is not over in quite a few countries, including Thailand. It keeps morphing into new variants.

The data is saying an infected person is 70% less likely to infect others when wearing a mask, and an uninfected person is 30% less likely to become infected when wearing a mask.

Anti-maskers don't like those facts, just as anti-vaxxers don't like the statistics that say vaccination reduces the risk of death or "long COVID" by an order of magnitude.

COVID will never be "over", just like colds and the flu will never be over. But there is no longer a COVID pandemic. It's endemic.

If masks only didn't work and were not actually harmful, I would consider wearing one. But they are both ineffective - AND harmful, not to mention dehumanizing.

https://brownstone.org/articles/more-than-150-comparative-studies-and-articles-on-mask-ineffectiveness-and-harms/

• Thanks 1