mmasked and embarrassed

1FinickyOne

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why were you embarrased [1Finekyone]. Kind of sad for anyone to have an issue with folks who are not wearing a mask while others who choose to for there own reasons do wear a mask.  

I don't think they were actually embarrassed.  I think that's just how they are reframing it for the sake of this post.

I have a suspicion that it was more like a feeling of part rage and part condescension.

2 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

I assume you are referring to the wearing of useless masks after the "pandemic" is over?

Useless in what way? your view obviously. KN 95 masks still used for the bad air quality in BKK. While at the house in HH PKK we never wear one as the airs good. Now if in the city and around others, and until the air gets better we wear them. Personal decision and nothing more. You do as you wish, and we will as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Injecting thoughts is what makes this forum a forum. We're here mostly for entertainment and sharing of knowledge.

It is the way certain injected thoughts come across as they sound as if that individual looks down upon others and spouts nonsense in public. Like with political views....

The one thing that has severely suffered during pandemic, and has nearly evaporated by the time it was over, is empathy. People as a whole became self-centered, self-serving, the egos have grown out of proportions, everyone else is blamed for their own misery, all the kindness and care for others has mostly disappeared.

It's all about "me, me, MEEEEEEEE!" and it is evident not just in this mask or no mask topic, but in daily incidents the World over.

The posters here should remember something, however. You are guests in another country. Disrespecting the customs of your hosts. Do you think that makes them like you more, or despise you and only tolerate you as long as you're bringing in the money?

Or, do you think it's OK if others bring their bad habits to your countries? Many of those are considered crimes in the West, and some immigrants are hated for their behavior. That's just tables turned. If you want to do whatever you want to do with no respect for your hosts in Thailand, you should also allow that refugees and immigrants to do whatever they want to do in your own countries. Fair? Probably only until your daughter gets raped and killed. Like when some infected maskless farang coughs in the face of a frail grandpa who dies of infection. Same same, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1