Where to throw away various debris: broken furniture, rotten wood, etc....

bamboozled

What i do is cut up the furniture to a size that will fit into a 36x28 plastic bag . I do not make each bag weigh too much as the rubbish collectors will not take the bag . I avoid putting many bags at the same time and wait until the next collection days .

I sometimes use stronger bags that are more costly . The collectors like that as they will recover the bags and sell them .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

What i do is cut up the furniture to a size that will fit into a 36x28 plastic bag . I do not make each bag weigh too much as the rubbish collectors will not take the bag . I avoid putting many bags at the same time and wait until the next collection days .

I sometimes use stronger bags that are more costly . The collectors like that as they will recover the bags and sell them .

think; the great escape

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, itsari said:

This is the way.  It's amazing how some people just put a whole sofa or table set right next to the trash cans assuming they'll somehow be able to get compact it on site.      

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, proton said:

Our bin men take anything, even a front door sawn in half once, why not ask them to take it?

I leave whatever is broken outside of my gate and it always goes, sometimes within minutes . Thai's are expert in mending, recycling, utilizing, selling on anything you have to give them, broken or not.  

• Like 2

Round where we live we have disposed of many items in the past by keeping an eye out for people that are preparing land for building. The first thing they do is fill the land with people's junk (before piling mud on top), they put a sign up and invite anyone to bring their rubbish and dump it. Every few months we see this happening and if we have any junk to get rid of we take the opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know about construction waste, I just tell one of the condo maids. 

TV with screen issues (not worth repair cost IMHO), broken appliances, unwanted furniture.

As long as it is free it is gone. 

When I needed to gut out the used condo I had bought I told "my fren me" next day men from her village came with a truck and took everything no charge.

Other than a bed, an unfashionable style breakfront with glass doors I doubted anything was usable.

A bunch of ghastly old built in furniture torn off the walls?  Thailand can be amazing in my country you have to pay to get rid of stuff like that.

• Like 1