Becoming extremely difficult to get a Bolt car.

JimmyJ

It seems drivers are cherry picking the jobs now that it's busy & Bolt has become the default to go to ride .... Apparently they are overwhelmed or have become picky also....

This is a big FB topic too.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe it's because Bolt is half cheaper than Grab, so probably drivers get less from Bolt than from Grab for same ride, hence prefer to drive for Grab?

Grab charges 25% commission, Bolt doesn't, so usually Bolt is about this much cheaper.

In Chiang Mai most taxis have changed from Bolt to inDrive, so just load this app.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Grab charges 25% commission, Bolt doesn't, so usually Bolt is about this much cheaper.

In Chiang Mai most taxis have changed from Bolt to inDrive, so just load this app.

I don't understand.

Bolt charges no commission from the fare paid?

There are plenty of Bolt cars in Pattaya, but their stupid app doesn't work half the time. On Saturday, I'd eaten with the GF at Hemingway's in Jomtien Complex Condo. Opened the Bolt app and ordered a taxi, he accepted and started coming, but then I noticed that the app thought I was in VT1, not JCC. I sent the guy several messages telling him the app was playing up and where I was, but he ignored me and when he'd arrived at VT1 he then sent me an abusive message about my not being there. I'm back to using Grab as at least their app usually works.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

There are plenty of Bolt cars in Pattaya, but their stupid app doesn't work half the time. On Saturday, I'd eaten with the GF at Hemingway's in Jomtien Complex Condo. Opened the Bolt app and ordered a taxi, he accepted and started coming, but then I noticed that the app thought I was in VT1, not JCC. I sent the guy several messages telling him the app was playing up and where I was, but he ignored me and when he'd arrived at VT1 he then sent me an abusive message about my not being there. I'm back to using Grab as at least their app usually works.

On the couple of occasions recently trying to use Bolt I have had this same issue.

Guderian  We use Hemingways a lot the food and drinks are great and never have any trouble getting Bolt rides.

Part of the problem is that Jomtien Complex Condominium where Hemingways is situated on the ground floor still will not invest in having their Condo Blocks named or signage near the front drive and entrance next to Hemingways.  As a result any directions you give to guests and visitors coming usually turn into View Talay 7 next door.  Extricating them from there to come back is a frustrating experience !

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

The biggest flaw with the Bolt app is also so easy to fix - after booking the ride and driver confirmation, it is possible to scroll down and see the Destination and Price, but not the Pickup spot.

1 time going back and forth in the app trying to book a ride its inaccurate location feature took over and changed my pickup spot.

Didn't get an abusive text but the driver took off after arriving and me seeing his location was wrong. altho I texted him the correct Pickup point and he must've been within a few blocks.

Edited by JimmyJ

The BOLT  driver gets the whole amount the passenger pays. Probably Bolt's overhead is paid by adverts. Several BOLT drivers told me they get more in their pocket driving for BOLT than what they get out of GRAB. Several drivers drive for both so they can compare. In Chiang Mai both have long waiting times compared with half a year ago. The higher demand after COVID not catches op by expansion of number of drivers.

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

That Im sure is a Thai thing.....  Grab theys alway beleive what the app says, even if you send them photos and maps(which they dont like) proving it, then hang around the pin untill food is cold..  I close the gate then wait for headquartars to call so I can vest on them, but they again thai thinking, only concerned I received the Grab food and never care my address is pinned wrong for over one year.. unchangable, so Panda gets all my business.. no problem..