Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real and was not planted by Russians looking to frame the Biden family: CBS News

Scott

45 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Far from being the start. It has been under scrutiny for 2 years. The laptop has produced mountains of material about Hunter Biden’s personal struggles and his foreign business ventures in Ukraine and China. It has not produced direct evidence President Biden benefited from his son’s business dealings. 

I'll be satisfied if only Hunter gets to wear the orange jump suit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm just saying that if H Biden had done anything illegal, he would have been charged years ago. If it's later established that he did then fine, he deserves it.

Even if the congressional hearing found him guilty of tax fraud relating to his gun purchase, it’s a major failure and a waste of money and time for such a minor case. For 2 years, they can’t find evidence of Joe Biden’s involvement and will stayed that way. The hearings will backfire on the Republicans. That will be seen as a genuine witch hunt with money paid by the people. The general public don’t give a damn on Hunter’s case The hearings will be a major snooze fest with little public interest. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m interested to know where you saw that change?

You chosen to use quotes, so now time for you to back up your alleged quotes.

When did I say “this is Russian Disinformation and totally fabricated”?

When did I say “even IF it is true, it is not criminal”?

Put up your evidence or do the right thing and retract your fabricated quotes.

It's not about you or anything you wrote. The use of quotation marks, here, are as simple scare quotes, used to indicate irony or disagreement with the phrase.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Even if the congressional hearing found him guilty of tax fraud relating to his gun purchase, it’s a major failure and a waste of money and time for such a minor case. For 2 years, they can’t find evidence of Joe Biden’s involvement and will stayed that way. The hearings will backfire on the Republicans. That will be seen as a genuine witch hunt with money paid by the people. The general public don’t give a damn on Hunter’s case The hearings will be a major snooze fest with little public interest. 

"The hearings will be a major snooze fest with little public interest. "

Unfortunately I'm not so sure.  The pundits of Fox News and the more extreme news stations will find something in the hearings to get enraged about, and the viewers who don't know the difference between pundits and reporters will believe there's something there, though they can rarely say what.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, heybruce said:

I was wondering that myself:  How do you do a "forensic review" of a laptop unless it is in the possession of those doing the review?

I will wait for more information.

You could image the drive but then that doesn't show what was in memory at the time. You are correct, it's impossible. What is probably being referred to here is recovery of deleted data, if it hasn't already been overwritten.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You could image the drive but then that doesn't show what was in memory at the time. You are correct, it's impossible. What is probably being referred to here is recovery of deleted data, if it hasn't already been overwritten.

Even if the hard drive was imaged, unless a trusted forensic analyst did the actual imaging wouldn't the image itself be suspect?

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The interesting question is whether Biden really did take kick backs and if he did, were they even illegal? Other president(s) have taken massive kick backs for pay for play and not been charged.

So that's OK then. All good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

"Evidence"?  We are a discussion board here, not a court of law. I have seen plenty of equally, if not more, biased websites freely used- Huffpo, Daily Beast, Guardian, etc.   The email contents highlighted are not in dispute.

Then there are the forum rules.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Multiple members in this discussion are making allegations of crimes having been committed.

Therefore evidence is an issue.

And referencing the Daily Caller which has a track record of fake news, doctored images and conspiracy theories is definitely something deserving of questioning.

Would you prefer Fox News referencing the same information and emails?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-requested-keys-new-office-mates-joe-biden-chinese-emissary-cefc-chairman

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why is the son of the president such a target for the GOP?

Personally, I think if there is evidence then he should be prosecuted. And that has nothing to do with who his father is.

If the GOP are so keen to investigate crimes, then maybe they should start with Trump. That should keep them busy for years.

Sorry, no more whatabout-ism. 

About Hunter, if he were merely a scheming loser that would be fine. But it seems that he did more than just involve his family name in his sleazy scams. He actually involved his family- his father, uncle. etc.  That deserves scrutiny.

For example, the President has said on numerous occasions that he never spoke with his son about his son's shady dealings, not even once. Yet they often shared meals, flights, etc. It beggars belief that the VP and his son would take a 16 hour flight on Air Force Two to China and not even broach the subject of why Hunter was making the trip.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Sorry, no more whatabout-ism. 

About Hunter, if he were merely a scheming loser that would be fine. But it seems that he did more than just involve his family name in his sleazy scams. He actually involved his family- his father, uncle. etc.  That deserves scrutiny.

For example, the President has said on numerous occasions that he never spoke with his son about his son's shady dealings, not even once. Yet they often shared meals, flights, etc. It beggars belief that the VP and his son would take a 16 hour flight on Air Force Two to China and not even broach the subject of why Hunter was making the trip.  

What's the difference between the VP taking his wife vs his son?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1