Noisy neighbors in Thailand? This might happen if you complain

webfact

Even the country areas are noisy. Tannoy speakers blasting out Molam music ( ???? ) at 5.30 a.m. before the village head gives his morning gossip chat. And when they have village activities they hire a speaker bus,  a brightly painted bus that has been converted into a giant loud speaker. The heavy bass beat shakes every door and window in the houses. But all these people are getting their just desserts because it is making them deaf, as they have to shout at each other now.  

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Even the country areas are noisy. Tannoy speakers blasting out Molam music ( ???? ) at 5.30 a.m. before the village head gives his morning gossip chat. And when they have village activities they hire a speaker bus,  a brightly painted bus that has been converted into a giant loud speaker. The heavy bass beat shakes every door and window in the houses. But all these people are getting their just desserts because it is making them deaf, as they have to shout at each other now.  

If only they were Tannoy's, my mate has Cheviots from the 70's best speakers I ever heard. Here they often whack the bass right up for some reason. Been to over 1000 concerts in Thailand- always use boots wax earplugs to limit the damage ???? Likay tonight, mrs went, I stayed in to watch footie

One very bizarre aspect of living in Thailand, is that many people just simply cannot handle direct confrontation, nor are many willing to take responsibility for their actions.

We had a neighbor with a very yappy small dog. It would go on for hours. They were absolutely oblivious. We asked them very kindly and very softly if there was anything they could do to quiet down their dog. It escalated into them coming to our front gate and screaming obscenities to my wife. She was astonished. My wife is a lovely soul and it takes alot to wind her up. She started in on then, and they finally walked away. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Unfortunately as they go deaf they turn the volume up louder

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Sorry, I've gone deaf with all the noise.

Can you type in CAPS?

Oh.....moderators.????????

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One very bizarre aspect of living in Thailand, is that many people just simply cannot handle direct confrontation, nor are many willing to take responsibility for their actions.

We had a neighbor with a very yappy small dog. It would go on for hours. They were absolutely oblivious. We asked them very kindly and very softly if there was anything they could do to quiet down their dog. It escalated into them coming to our front gate and screaming obscenities to my wife. She was astonished. My wife is a lovely soul and it takes alot to wind her up. She started in on then, and they finally walked away. 

They didn't bring a brick as a present?

Cheap Charlies.????????

Years ago I had a noisy neighbour who liked to crank up his stereo for hours on end.

One night I had had enough.

I put on a cd When the lion sleeps tonight, hit the replay and went out

Next day this guy comes to me begging not to play that tune again

I guess 5 hours of it was a tad overkill  :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

When my neighbours (300 meters away) are having one of their all night

scream karaoke sessions i am not one to go and complain.

Usually around 4 am it gets more quiet,after they unload a few clips into the air.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

The ignorance of Thais towards others is consistent across the whole spectrum of life. The tunnel vision without being unable to recognise of give consideration to what occurs outside their personal desire is no different in regards to noise than it is driving on road and following basic road rules to avoid injury.

unfortunately, the transition from buffalo to motor vehicle meant that the intelligent part of the transport source and passenger relationship was left grazing in the rice fields.

There are definitely exeptions. The consideration that my Thai wife extends towards others are superior to those I would make. And I am far from inconsiderate. That comprizes noise (like to make somtam late in the night (09:00 pm would do) and consideration while driving etc.). In fact our condo building is more or less dead quiet even througout the day. At nighttime anyway.

Things like Morlam at 05:30 at full power to please the whole Moo Ban might be just a learned normal in the country. I never saw anybody complaining or even mentioning it. Somehow they have learned to ignore it over time.

I completely agree as well with the inconsideration Thais exert in average while driving on the street, wherever that is, big city or countryside.

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't say that, you tell me whether that's right.

I don't know for sure, that's why I was asking if you knew. For all I know "webfact" is a multi-user account that is used to post these "news" articles with the clickbait headlines and childish humour.

18 hours ago, sambum said:

Quite right about where you live in the UK. My next door neighbour's house was empty as she was away for the weekend and the burglar alarm went off at about 2 a.m., so I phoned the Police. Their reaction? "Can you check and see if there is any signs of a break in, or see if there are any intruders?" I replied "Is that not your job?" (I wasn't about to put my health at risk!) and put the phone down. As I had given them the address, they attended the scene about 2 hours later to switch off the alarm, by which time any "intruders" will have been long gone!  

Yes and also some police forces don't even bother to attend just give out criminal report numbers. And, recently a mand who killed a man who broke into his home assaulted his mum and attacked him was sent to prison. Say something to upset someone on twitter or Facebook and the police attend in force. A lady who lives close to me had a bit of a breakdown and the police and ambulance were in attendance very quickly. Very recent.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, rudi49jr said:

At fairs and live shows outdoors I have quite often seen people put their little (grand)children right in front of the huge speakers, probably so they can ‘hear better’. They have absolutely no idea that they are damaging their children’s hearing beyond repair. 

Hang on don't you dare use the word Logic here remember where you are sir