Thai man gets crushed by his modified pickup truck while test driving on Pattaya Road

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A 38-year-old Thai car mechanic was crushed to death while test-driving his customer’s modified pickup truck on a Pattaya road.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers were called to help save the victim, Mr. Suthep Kotem, 38, on a railway road in Banglamung, Chonburi, Tuesday, November 22nd.

Suthep was trapped and crushed in a modified, bright green pickup truck slumped in the roadside grass in a sideways position. His friends were trying to push the truck back to an upright position to free him when the rescuers arrived at 7.30 PM.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/23/thai-man-gets-crushed-by-his-modified-pickup-truck-while-test-driving-on-pattaya-road/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

50 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Suthep had just driven out of his garage for only 200 meters when another pickup truck cut him off, causing his vehicle to spin and land on the driver’s side, crushing his body.

No sympathy. What sort of acceleration rate must he have been doing to get the truck out of control after just 200m

His modifications seemed to have worked then.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Don't they use roll cages and four point harnesses here for modded vehicles? Or is it just a couple of flower garlands and hope for the best?

What do you think.. really! I suspect he didn't even bother to put his belt on to do this test run. Doesn't matter, we can always create someone else to blame.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What do you think.. really! I suspect he didn't even bother to put his belt on to do this test run. Doesn't matter, we can always create someone else to blame.

I was half-joking, I don't know much about the vehicle modding scene over here. Except that those pickup trucks they tune up are a bit weak compared to what I'm used to in Western Sydney. This is what gets me revved up ????

images (13).jpeg

Edited by Lemsta69