Photos for marriage visa extension

With my last extension I had a very officious, albeit friendly, officer who spent over an hour fussing around with my paperwork. (A story in itself)

He wasn't happy with my black and white photos from my cheap single purpose printer, but eventually accepted them with the rider that I produce colour pics next year.  He wants three photos of us inside the house, and three outside, one of which must include the house number. These should include the roofline of the house!  Incidentally our house is a stand-alone farming property outside the village. Nobody has house numbers displayed. I had to purchase the stick-on numbers for this single purpose.

Edit: A NE Province , applics processed through Udon.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

Korat, 4 photos, One with house number, others in house, they did away with the bedroom photo years ago. In 12 years they came to my house twice, never asked to come inside, sat on the front porch. Took picture of themselves in front of the house (I guess to prove they were there).

I have been dealing with same office for a while, the requirements size , how many per page seem to vary, as they send off to C Mai for approval. Luckily I am close to their office , print shop so no big deal. I realize for some less mobile or a long over night trip in some areas you wish to be prepped for anything so call and ask them what size they wish.

I always arrive with a few spares a "Pritt glue stick" and plenty of time. Last renewal applied 55 minutes , collection 6 weeks later 10m so just over an hour of my year 1900 baht DIY

200 for the bank letter same day, 120 for the pix at print shop so 6 baht a day to live in LOS

Since Covid I've avoided being first in morning and try t be first after lunch about 20m as I know they all wish to knock off early at 4, there is now a pleasant waiting area aircon, free drinks wi-fi , comfy sofas so no stress compared to hot dusty queues I recall when employed by the state and expenses paid journeys to Soi Suan Phlu?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So that makes it okay to hiss farang about? What happened to 'all born equal'? May be it is their country but that doesn't mean I can't live here. I'm sure we don't make Thais in our country show 800,000 every year at immigration.

I'll respond to your comment above line by line...

Yes, that makes it okay to treat Farangs pretty much however they like.

I know of nowhere that the "all born equal" phrase applies. Every country I know treats non-citizens differently than citizens, and even treats most of their citizens differently depending on their social or economic status.

You can't live here if Thai Immigrations tell you that you can't.

How your country (US? England? Australia?) treats non-citizens has no bearing on how Thai's treat non-citizens. Like I said earlier, it's their country. You have to comply with their rules or face the consequences, which could be deportation. 

On 11/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

A farang woman married to a Thai male, even though she works as a school teacher, does not have to show 400,000 Baht for her visa/extension. Ridiculous. Totally wrong. 

Not even sure that their marriage extension applications have to be referred to Divisional HQ for final approval - in which case they can be stamped for the full 365 days on the spot, with no need for a subsequent trip to Immigration after 30 days for the remaining 335 days, as in the case of their male counterparts.

On 11/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

How do immigration know that the photo's they are looking at are of where you live?

In the case of us British State Pensioners for example, though, how do DWP back in the UK know that the life certificates which they periodically require us to provide have been witnessed by real - as opposed to completely fictitious - individuals? The Thai government is far from alone across this great planet of ours in inflicting pointless unverifiable bureaucracy on us all (which, I think, is the point which @billsmart is making)!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1