Elon Musk says Twitter will offer 'amnesty' to suspended accounts

Scott

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Only you could come up with such a false equivalent, hypothetical scenario that is already covered adequately here:

https://aseannow.com/terms/

Just as a reminder to you, this is not about me, an anonymous user, it is about Elon Musk a public figure with a large security detail including a team of bodyguards. Has publicly available records on their flight data for their own private jet, is courting publicity daily and responsible himself for spreading conspiracy theories on Pelosi, Fauci and Roth. Which in turn led to one of them having to move house, arrests and threats to life and family.

So let me ask you now. What evidence do you have these high profile journalists shared his private address?

It's equivalent and referred to as doxxing.   

Twitter has for years suspended accounts that did not actually breach any of it's rules, an actual sitting president being one of them.    If Elon Musk posted any of those peoples private addresses you mention then I agree he should have his account suspended.   Do you have any evidence he has done that?  He is not spreading conspiracy theories, he is sharing his opinion, which I do not believe is a breach of Twitters rules.  

Elon Musk threatens legal action against founder of jet tracking app

Elon Musk has banned the ElonJet tracker and its founder from Twitter. Now he says he’s also taking legal action against Jack Sweeney, creator of the app and a 19-year-old freshman at the University of Central Florida, for allegedly enabling harm to his family.

Musk announced his intentions Wednesday evening as part of another announcement that the platform had permanently suspended the @ElonJet account, which tracked the flights of Musk’s private jet, as well as Sweeney’s personal account.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-threatens-legal-action-173156549.html

Actually, the headline gets it a bit wrong. A threat would mean he will take action. According to Musk, it's already underway.

Anyway, this is typical bullying behavior of the rich using their wealth to wield the law as a weapon. It ordinarily would work since the defendant wouldn't have the means to defend himself. But in this case, I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting all the financial support he needs to humiliate this nasty bully and his legally baseless case.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Twitter has for years suspended accounts that did not actually breach any of it's rules, an actual sitting president being one of them.    If Elon Musk posted any of those peoples private addresses you mention then I agree he should have his account suspended.   Do you have any evidence he has done that?  He is not spreading conspiracy theories, he is sharing his opinion, which I do not believe is a breach of Twitters rules.  

Jack Sweeney did not post any private address. The location of Musk's jet is public information as has already been pointed out to you.

Also, as I noted, not all the suspensions had to do with posting the  location of his jet.

• Like 1

Just now, James105 said:

Rubbish, his doxxing is referring to his private jet location. Part of flying private in your own jet is forfeiting location privacy. Its publicly available.

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Twitter has for years suspended accounts that did not actually breach any of it's rules, an actual sitting president being one of them.    

Nothing to do with what we're talking about but if your now trying to defelct and using that as a justification then are you also comparing these journalists as being suspended because they did not breach any rules?

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

He is not spreading conspiracy theories, he is sharing his opinion  

Nonsense

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Jack Sweeney did not post any private address. The location of Musk's jet is public information as has already been pointed out to you.

Also, as I noted, not all the suspensions had to do with posting the  location of his jet.

If people like Jack Sweeney had spoken out against Twitter when Twitter was banning accounts that also did not breach it's rules (Trump being a quite famous example) then maybe his account would not be suspended now.    

• Haha 2

Just now, James105 said:

If people like Jack Sweeney had spoken out against Twitter when Twitter was banning accounts that also did not breach it's rules (Trump being a quite famous example) then maybe his account would not be suspended now.    

You mean he's being punished for not speaking out? Is that your idea of free speech? Compelling people to speak out on certain issues? Got any other issues you think Twitter members should be compelled to post on on pain of losing their membership?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Musk just had a twitter poll. Its ended with final results, he didn't like the result so say's he's going to do another..............................oh and the journalists did not dox his location in real time 

image.png.38bc7a67d4a768c3d8d35b3694b14d42.png

image.png.24b6d9b9851ab8dca91569db0f0eff15.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603600001057185792

Maths is difficult I know, but that poll says that 57% of people are in agreement with Musk suspending these accounts. 

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maths is difficult I know, but that poll says that 57% of people are in agreement with Musk suspending these accounts. 

57% of people. You know that how? Did all the bots and troll armies suddenly disappear, you know, the ones Musk said has an effect on polls? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean he's being punished for not speaking out? Is that your idea of free speech? Compelling people to speak out on certain issues? Got any other issues you think Twitter members should be compelled to post on on pain of losing their membership?

Where exactly did I say he should be compelled to do anything?  Is reading so difficult nowadays?   Actions (or inactions) have consequences, and not speaking out against censorship and banning of a sitting presidents account led to the eventual takeover of Twitter by Musk, which has in turn led to whoever had his account suspended for whatever reason.   People harping on about free speech now should have done so earlier, especially in coming to the defence of someone's right to say something whose opinion they disagree with.   Crying about it now is too late.   

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

57% of people. You know that how? Did all the bots and troll armies suddenly disappear, you know, the ones Musk said has an effect on polls? 

You are suggesting that some of those 43% are bots?  So it could actually be higher than 57%?

Elon Musk warned of EU sanctions after banning journalists from platforms

Officials in Brussels have warned Twitter owner Elon Musk the company could face sanctions “soon” after booting a series of journalists covering the billionaire off its platform.

European Commissioner Vera Jourova said that the suspensions were “worrying” and that EU law protects media freedom.

“News about arbitrary suspension of journalists on Twitter is worrying,” Ms Jourova said.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-warned-eu-sanctions-113743920.html

Germany says Twitter journalists ban 'unacceptable'

The German Foreign Office tweeted screenshots on Friday of the accounts of journalists suspended by Twitter, telling the social media platform that suspending their accounts was unacceptable.

"Press freedom cannot be switched on and off on a whim," the ministry wrote on its official Twitter page. "The journalists below can no longer follow us, comment and criticize. We have a problem with that, @Twitter."

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-says-twitter-journalists-ban-unacceptable/a-64118704

All Twitter and Bisted.

Twitter CEO Elon Musk may be banning New York Times and Washington Post reporters from his $44 billion social media platform, but he's also welcoming back My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell.

The Trump-loving pillow monger, who has long been a source of bogus conspiracy theories about voting machines in the 2020 election and who is being sued by Dominion Voting Systems for $1.3 billion, made a triumphant return to Twitter on Friday and he immediately engaged in the kind of rhetoric that got him banned in January of 2021, less than a month after Trump supporters violently stormed the United States Capitol building.

"I'm back!!" he wrote. "Thank you Elon Musk and by the way MELT DOWN THE ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES AND TURN THEM INTO PRISON BARS!"

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-twitter-2658975345/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All Twitter and Bisted.

Twitter CEO Elon Musk may be banning New York Times and Washington Post reporters from his $44 billion social media platform, but he's also welcoming back My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell.

The Trump-loving pillow monger, who has long been a source of bogus conspiracy theories about voting machines in the 2020 election and who is being sued by Dominion Voting Systems for $1.3 billion, made a triumphant return to Twitter on Friday and he immediately engaged in the kind of rhetoric that got him banned in January of 2021, less than a month after Trump supporters violently stormed the United States Capitol building.

"I'm back!!" he wrote. "Thank you Elon Musk and by the way MELT DOWN THE ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES AND TURN THEM INTO PRISON BARS!"

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-twitter-26589753

Well, so long as Lindell can refrain from doxxing someone and causing a serious danger to their life then he will be able to enjoy Twitter.

I am totally stunned how the same people that championed with glee prominent conservatives being banned while breaking no rules, are now having meltdowns because their side are now having rules enforced when they endanger other peoples lives. It's priceless.

What a moment to be alive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SunnyinBangrak said:

Well, so long as Lindell can refrain from doxxing someone and causing a serious danger to their life then he will be able to enjoy Twitter.

I am totally stunned how the same people that championed with glee prominent conservatives being banned while breaking no rules, are now having meltdowns because their side are now having rules enforced when they endanger other peoples lives. It's priceless.

What a moment to be alive!

Those conspiracy theories don't endanger people's lives? Hilarious.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Those conspiracy theories don't endanger people's lives? Hilarious.

Those conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, yet inconvenient to the democrat activist's narrative you mean? Jussie's lynching by MAGA, Sandmann's abusing the elderly native American, Kyle smuggling guns over state lines, Congresswomen comitting immigration fraud, Hunter's laptop being Russian disinformation, Joe never having met any of Hunter's shady business associates, Trump colluded with Putin to cheat in an election, and on and on and on. No, they do not endanger lives but they undermine trust in the establishment which can lead to destruction of civil society(a bad thing).

The days of the left calling inconvenient facts "conspiracy theories" and banning the poster from social media is OVER!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Those conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, yet inconvenient to the democrat activist's narrative you mean? Jussie's lynching by MAGA, Sandmann's abusing the elderly native American, Kyle smuggling guns over state lines, Congresswomen comitting immigration fraud, Hunter's laptop being Russian disinformation, Joe never having met any of Hunter's shady business associates, Trump colluded with Putin to cheat in an election, and on and on and on. No, they do not endanger lives but they undermine trust in the establishment which can lead to destruction of civil society(a bad thing).

The days of the left calling inconvenient facts "conspiracy theories" and banning the poster from social media is OVER!

No, some of those were actual conspiracies. The rest have not been proved. As I previously said, conspiracy theories involve many people over a long period of time, such as the H Biden allegations. which will turn out to be either nothing or very little. A couple oft hose I've never heard of so I guess they live only in the echo chamber.

In short, conspiracy theories are NEVER true.  (don't use caps).

He must be worried about someone taking the jet link locator from twitter and having a battery of Patriot Missiles in their back yard ready to shoot down one of his 4 private jets. a billionaire who loves attention knows already paparazzi will follow him everywhere and have his location data well in advance. No evidence these journalists revealed his real time location. In fact one of them just provided an already dead link to the banned account on twitter by way of reporting of its suspension. 

Now also banning journalists for genuine critical reporting of his Tesla business.