Pattaya Police raid Posh 69 club for second time in a week !

Social Media

16 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why would any tourists in their right minds come to Thailand? Nightly raids every night, closing down everything very early. Better save your money or spend it somewhere else. Not a good image for tourists wanting to come here.

In my more than 30 years Pattaya I never experienced a raid. If you have problem with the closing times you reorganise your schedule ie start drinking sooner. Hahahaha

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

Bit of an over dramatic set of statements regarding raids on illegal activity, which I believe the majority of tourists will be neither interested in, or even know where to find!

Flexx on Walking St got raided the night before this one. Tons of tourists go to Flexx. My statement isn't overdramatic at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

When I was in my twenties the whole of Soi Cowboy closed at 1AM every night.

Ok, how many decades are we talking about? Soi Cowboy isn't nightclubs. Well, there is one I've heard of that is called Penny Black and apparently that one apparently goes strong until the early hours of the morning, something like 6am, based on the Youtube videos I've seen.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

1-2 am is late enough for me.  

Maybe they are trying to discourage the customers.   Especially any one who pees a purple strip.  

But was gave a brown bag last week, I know but now the big wigs and prosecutes want their share.   

Any bars with be a chance of Chinese ownership is at risk. 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, bkk6060 said:

I hope they raid all these clubs.  Cesspools of drugs, prostitution, drunks, criminals and drug dealers/users.

Shut them down!

If the 2am crackdown doesn't work for police, I wonder before how long their next crackdown will be on pool table licenses, dart board licenses, guest house licenses, hotel licenses, fire escapes etc etc. 

The police here are holding Thailand's tourism industry to ransom, via hospitality establishments. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

You beat me to it! ???? Its spelt Riyadh, I spent 2 of the most boring years of my life there.???? Unless you like sand and camels?????

Sand and camels in Riyadh?

I had a few more years there than you, and I was rarely bored. Luckily my job was never boring- despite having to put up with some unpleasant characters, and we had a great social club. Did hundreds of interesting trips with them.

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why would any tourists in their right minds come to Thailand? Nightly raids every night, closing down everything very early. Better save your money or spend it somewhere else. Not a good image for tourists wanting to come here.

Why would 80% of them even be concerned over this event to let it deter them? Don't expect the average Ivan or Sanjay has much concern over a nightclub he can't afford a drink in. The former are getting away from army draft and awful bitter cold weather, the latter aiming to stand in the middle of the road holding hands with his male friends. Do you think these events are on Moscow and Delhi TV? 

What a drama queen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had a few more years there than you, and I was rarely bored. Luckily my job was never boring- despite having to put up with some unpleasant characters, and we had a great social club. Did hundreds of interesting trips with them.

HASH?

It was long overdue that the police starts to clean up the nightlife at least a little bit... ????????????

Many of these venues think they are above the law and they do what they want. They don't care about closing times, don't have any licences, might not even have a building permit and did they ever pay taxes? We also should not forget the recent Mountain B Club desaster. 

You see here at this club. They were raided just recently and they still continue like before. And this is just 1 example. Obviously many venues don't expect any law enforcement... 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed I was being 'slightly' sarcastic!????

On 12/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, jacko45k said:

Why would 80% of them even be concerned over this event to let it deter them? Don't expect the average Ivan or Sanjay has much concern over a nightclub he can't afford a drink in. The former are getting away from army draft and awful bitter cold weather, the latter aiming to stand in the middle of the road holding hands with his male friends. Do you think these events are on Moscow and Delhi TV? 

What a drama queen.

I agree, but I would not be surprised if they start "fining" tourists for being in a bar / club after 2am. 

Currently, if you do not take drugs, and are not an overstay, you are released soon after the raid.  No money in that for police.