Pheu Thai Party unveils its 10-point “think big” manifesto

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

a minimum daily wage of 600 baht, a minimum monthly salary for a new graduates of 25,000 baht, an average annual income of 200,000 baht for every working citizen, 

manifesto in short: less farangs entering the land of smiles

57 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I thought they said it was a "think BIG" manifesto. I doubt any of these points will be met. Just talk to make themselves sound good. Kind of like the US Congress.

"Kind of like" standard practice in Western Democracies.

Where people get out when they are voted out and in when they are voted in.

Both happening as a result of hope, effort, ability, success or failure.

Where armies defend the nation.......not a single, particular, powerful, omnipresent, over-wealthy clique.

The sort of system that the cabal in Thailand detest.

"There is no civil solution"

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

Thailand should stop with paying daily wages.. Everybody should be paid monthly, because there are so many holidays and on daily wages they don't get paid. My Idea would be how difficult it would be to realise to pay everybody at least 16.000 THB a month for a max 5 day working week.

Another pojnt should be the power of the army must be limited. The army protect the country, polictics is not their core business.

Than a lot of other things of this party sounds wonderful, but as we can see in Civil Union Bill or Gay Marriage, things will be difficult to realise as many people oppose, delay or request moe investigations with the result that noting can be realized.  

Sounds like more unrealistic promises so that the gullible will vote for them.

Why not promise everybody they will win regularly in the lottery? I am sure some of the red-shirts would "think" that is a great idea.

The sad part is that now the realistic people have to tell those dreaming voters that reality depends on what is possible and not what you dream about. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why not promise everybody they will win regularly in the lottery? I am sure some of the red-shirts would "think" that is a great idea.

The sad part is that now the realistic people have to tell those dreaming voters that reality depends on what is possible and not what you dream about. 

Knowing this country from North to south, east to west, I believe they have the best government they could have. Of course looking to their neighbour’s as well, the thais are really not doing bad in comparison. Not ideal, but sustainable for now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with you.

However, they are the lesser of two evils.

I would rather live in a country with a democratically elected leader than a leader forced upon me.

Democracy is ALWAYS better than dictatorship, whichever way you dress it up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Thailand should stop with paying daily wages.. Everybody should be paid monthly, because there are so many holidays and on daily wages they don't get paid. My Idea would be how difficult it would be to realise to pay everybody at least 16.000 THB a month for a max 5 day working week.

Another pojnt should be the power of the army must be limited. The army protect the country, polictics is not their core business.

Than a lot of other things of this party sounds wonderful, but as we can see in Civil Union Bill or Gay Marriage, things will be difficult to realise as many people oppose, delay or request moe investigations with the result that noting can be realized.  

So...I have a garden, I am fortunate to be able to employ a gardener for a few days of the month. Are you suggesting I pay her Thb 16k for these few days?

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

So...I have a garden, I am fortunate to be able to employ a gardener for a few days of the month. Are you suggesting I pay her Thb 16k for these few days?

Normally monthly pay is based on hours, including public holidays as a full day, which I see is impossible in Thailand where a good reason for a public holiday is just picked out of no sane reason. I believe they have a department just for making public holidays 

2 hours ago, pegman said:

There were more farang and they were hassled less when her party was last in power. What are you basing your statement on?

i'm not talking about "her party",  i'm not making a judgement either. i'm just making an observation.  
people (tourists) flock to thailand - mainly or partly-  because the cost for living is cheaper there. the more thai people will earn, the more expensive life becomes, the less attractive thailand will be to tourists. it is simple arithmetic. that said, if "her party" can realize its promises, all the better for thai  people!

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A point usually enforced by a man in uniform at the point of a gun!

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Think you missed the point entirely. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

i'm not talking about "her party",  i'm not making a judgement either. i'm just making an observation.  
people (tourists) flock to thailand - mainly or partly-  because the cost for living is cheaper there. the more thai people will earn, the more expensive life becomes, the less attractive thailand will be to tourists. it is simple arithmetic. that said, if "her party" can realize its promises, all the better for thai  people!

Well France see's about 90 mil. tourists a year and I would think the cost to visit would far exceed those of Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I agree with you.

However, they are the lesser of two evils.

I would rather live in a country with a democratically elected leader than a leader forced upon me.

Democracy is ALWAYS better than dictatorship, whichever way you dress it up.

Democracy might be in theory always better. But in real life?

Some democratically elected leaders soon act like dictators. No accountability, corrupt, nepotism, and and and.

Democracy would be wonderful with educated well informed voters. That is unfortunately not reality in Thailand - and many other countries. 

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

My Idea would be how difficult it would be to realise to pay everybody at least 16.000 THB a month for a max 5 day working week.

This is unworkable as a lot of the workforce is self-employed.  Who is going to pay them 16k a month for a five day week?  This is Thailand not some western country.

52 minutes ago, lujanit said:

This is unworkable as a lot of the workforce is self-employed.  Who is going to pay them 16k a month for a five day week?  This is Thailand not some western country.

Self employed is not not working on a daily payment.... A seller on the market is not paid for a day if he is his own boss

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Correction on this post 5 working days should be 6 working days max. At least 1 day off

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Democracy might be in theory always better. But in real life?

Some democratically elected leaders soon act like dictators. No accountability, corrupt, nepotism, and and and.

Democracy would be wonderful with educated well informed voters. That is unfortunately not reality in Thailand - and many other countries. 

How ridiculous!

????????????????????????

Democratically elected leaders might / maybe / could possibly / potentially turn into Dictators….. so let’s just forget about democracy and go straight to dictatorship.

????????????

Educated and well informed you say?

????????????

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

And you go on holiday and she can't work and you don't need to pay her.. Is that fair to deduct her income because you are on holiday?

It was a suggestion for the rate that could be offered a reduced number of days worked. Casual labour is a minefield to negotiate in Thailand and I have never come across a contract drawn up for days off, employers absence etc.

Is it fair? Absolutely not. Will casual employee rights improve on a widespread basis? Never in Thailand.

Edited by edwinchester

More populist policies from the Shinawatras  , the man pulling the strings

and his sister knew it worked well in the past , spending the Governments

money to keep them in power , not their own .

It's easy saying vote for us and we will give you everything ,the money

will flow in , but I bet they could not explain where all this money is going

to come from, Golden Goose (tourism ) not in best of health , exports down,

inflation high,a large part of the population will not ask this ,would it be sustainable ,

they only believe the lies.

Thaksin did some very good things in the beginning , free health ,getting the civil

service to work much quicker , the poor in Issan thought he really cared about their

welfare which had never occured in the past , the only things Politicians offered before

was  200-500 Thb at elections, and he then realised no need to spend his own money,

use the Governments money in the form of populist policies , many people thought

he was using his own money,  like all politicians they will promise anything to get into

power, then use the position to enrich themselves .........

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

More populist policies from the Shinawatras  , the man pulling the strings

and his sister knew it worked well in the past , spending the Governments

money to keep them in power , not their own .

It's easy saying vote for us and we will give you everything ,the money

will flow in , but I bet they could not explain where all this money is going

to come from, Golden Goose (tourism ) not in best of health , exports down,

inflation high,a large part of the population will not ask this ,would it be sustainable ,

they only believe the lies.

Thaksin did some very good things in the beginning , free health ,getting the civil

service to work much quicker , the poor in Issan thought he really cared about their

welfare which had never occured in the past , the only things Politicians offered before

was  200-500 Thb at elections, and he then realised no need to spend his own money,

use the Governments money in the form of populist policies , many people thought

he was using his own money,  like all politicians they will promise anything to get into

power, then use the position to enrich themselves .........

regards worgeordie

Just imagine if there was a way to hold politicians accountable? Something like say… regular elections.

regards common sense

• Thumbs Up 1