Queensland shooting: Two police officers, and member of public, killed at remote property

Scott

image.pngA street view close to Wieambilla, in rural Queensland

Two police officers and a member of the public have been shot dead at a remote property in Queensland, Australia.

The officers were responding to reports of a missing person in Wieambilla - 270km (168 miles) west of Brisbane.

The offenders are still at large, the police said at a news conference. Residents are being told to remain indoors "until further notice".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-63943292

BBC.jpg

I hope the perpetrators are eventually caught and prosecuted. Unlike property offences, a person's life is irreplaceable and no amount of financial reparation or restorative efforts can correct the wrong done, the loss caused and the pain inflicted. Ending a life and enjoying impunity is one of the worst injustices.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It will be of interest to see what drove these 3 (now deceased) QLD rednecks to start murdering people. A religious sect, a radical political movement, "sovereign citizens"?

One would hope it's not a foreign virus spreading to the terminally moronic in countries other than the source.

• Like 1

The murderers have been killed by the tactical response team at the site. There were 3 shooters; 2 male and 1 female.

They ARE NOT STILL AT LARGE they were shot dead very shortly after the officer murders took place.

The two officers were 29 and 26, male and female respectively, The younger had been a constable for only 8 to 9 weeks and on her first posting.

They were pre-meditaledty 'ambushed' (or so the police Commissioner of Queensland said live on the feed I just watched) with semi-automatic weapons and after being dropped by rapid multiple shooter gunfire they were shot again as they lay on the ground.

The following responding police patrols were held at bay under what was described as "withering' fire and unable to retrieve the bodies of their colleagues as they were operating under a hope/belief both were hopefully still alive when they arrived.

A civilian from a neighbouring property in his 50's who was first at the murder scene was unaware of the shooter in hiding and when he tried to retrieve the officers was shot in the back and died instantly.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

The murderers have been killed by the tactical response team at the site. There were 3 shooters; 2 male and 1 female.

They ARE NOT STILL AT LARGE they were shot dead very shortly after the officer murders took place.

The two officers were 29 and 26, male and female respectively, The younger had been a constable for only 8 to 9 weeks and on her first posting.

They were pre-meditaledty 'ambushed' (or so the police Commissioner of Queensland said live on the feed I just watched) with semi-automatic weapons and after being dropped by rapid multiple shooter gunfire they were shot again as they lay on the ground.

The following responding police patrols were held at bay under what was described as "withering' fire and unable to retrieve the bodies of their colleagues as they were operating under a hope/belief both were hopefully still alive when they arrived.

A civilian from a neighbouring property in his 50's who was first at the murder scene was unaware of the shooter in hiding and when he tried to retrieve the officers was shot in the back and died instantly.

...I realise its early days yet with this incident, but mention was made by the Qld PolCom that local police were responding to a NSW Police request to check this address re a Missing Person believed to be there. I wonder what age the MP is and circumstances. It would necessarily follow that whoever made the call to NSW Police was linked/or one of the terrorist group, for want of a better term. The two investigating officers who have gone there on a routine inquiry to verify this and unwittingly have walked into an ambush. Obviously there is a huge amount to be investigated here. RIP those involved in this tragic event.

Edited by tandor
typo

On 12/13/2022 at 3:06 AM, steven100 said:

Two police officers shot dead while entering a property west of Chinchilla and a member of the public was also shot dead while assisting.  A manhunt is currently underway. 

That was large on the radio yesterday.

Other than the two cops shot dead another had a bullet graze, and a police cadet managed to escape unhurt.

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

It will be of interest to see what drove these 3 (now deceased) QLD rednecks to start murdering people. A religious sect, a radical political movement, "sovereign citizens"?

One would hope it's not a foreign virus spreading to the terminally moronic in countries other than the source.

You actually know they were rednecks, or are you just making that up?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They were small town bush hillbilies who were totally against the police.  The brother hated police and pushed that agenda onto the older brother also.

Edited by steven100
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

They are small town bush hillbilies who were totally against the police.  The brother hated police and pushed that agenda onto the older brother also.

One  brother was a school principle.The  woman a teacher also. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the ABC, Australia:

Queensland Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll said late Tuesday that investigators would look at the possible extremist links of the killers after a series of posts under the name of Gareth Train were found on conspiracy theory forums.

The posts include references to anti-vaccine sentiments and claims that other high-profile shootings were hoaxes or false-flag operations.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have little patience for pedants who pick one word out of my posts and demand evidence or proof of my opinions. 

I've lived in Qld and have travelled through that general area on the way to Birdsville.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I have little patience for pedants who pick one word out of my posts and demand evidence or proof of my opinions. 

I've lived in Qld and have travelled through that general area on the way to Birdsville.

Many rednecks live in Birdsville! 

Screenshot_20221214-143011.jpg