Federal Judge Strikes Down Part of Montana’s Far-Reaching Anti-Vax Law

Scott

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

In a way, you're right. Not all people are equal. For instance, the immunocompromised in hospitals don't have immune systems that are the equal of others. They need to be protected from the unvaccinated.

Given that the vaccinated also pass on Covid, your argument doesn't really hold water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

COVID is not a flu.

Refer forum rules on disseminating misinformation.

I didn't say it was a flu. I said it was basically a flu, meaning it carries a lot of the same characteristics and symptoms.

I am sure you the difference between literally a flu, and basically a flu. So don't misquote me again.

image.png.dd7231f99083b37cb1b96762398a6ee1.png

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I didn't say it was a flu. I said it was basically a flu, meaning it carries a lot of the same characteristics and symptoms.

I am sure you the difference between literally a flu, and basically a flu. So don't misquote me again.

image.png.dd7231f99083b37cb1b96762398a6ee1.png

Yeh righty-o.

It’s nothing like a flue.

The vaccin works, together with a few very basic health measures. Most red states, where less people are vaccinated, wore masks, did social distancing and hand sanitizing, have so far seen considerably higher covid death rates than blue states, where more people are vaccinated, wore masks, did social distancing and hand sanitizing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Covid hasn't stopped killing people, it just is killing less. In the UK, even though the majority by 2022 were vaccinated, it still killed 50,000 in the last year (estimated from worldometer). For those who go on about dying with Covid rather than from Covid, it is still a factor in these deaths. Also looking at Excess deaths (probably a better indicator of how many people actually died of the disease) they have been above average for most weeks since March 2020 - and still about 30-50,000 in total in 2022. Which does seem to suggest that yes, Covid still kills.

The similarity to Influenza? Well Spanish flu killed about 200,000 in the UK, and Covid has achieved about the same, The difference is, there is no sign that Covid  is ending yet, if ever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Then go work somewhere where your choice and your body don’t put the health and life of others at risk.

Tell me how not being vaccinated against covid puts vaccinated people at risk?  

Or don't you believe being vaccinated protects you from covid? 

If you are fully vaccinate and then die from getting covid what the heck is the point of being vaccinated in the first place? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

If you are fully vaccinate and then die from getting covid what the heck is the point of being vaccinated in the first place? 

The issue was allowing unvaccinated workers at hospitals where there are lots of people with frail immune systems.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Let’s see if you can work this out.

Hospitals are full of people who are already ill, many old and otherwise at risk of infection, not all are vaccinated.

The Hospital has a Duty of Care to reduce and control risk.

Unvaccinated staff are more likely to infect others if they are infected than are vaccinated staff.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1