DeSantis calls for Florida grand jury to investigate coronavirus vaccine 'wrongdoing'

Scott

"In Florida, it is against the law to mislead and to misrepresent, particularly when you're talking about the efficacy of a drug," DeSantis said. 

Lots of things are against the law....you know like fraud, tax evasion, fomenting a coup, seditious conspiracies etc.....Lots of misleading re election results.....funny how none of that seems to much bother republicans but oh my we better investigate a vaccine that by overwhelming evidence saved millions of lives from covid.......got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Out of interest, what if it turns out Desantis is right? The UK houses of Parliament have also been discussing the failure of the vaccines to protect from covid, and the excess deaths that seem to be linked to them. They are talking about stopping to use these vaccines and that big Pharma have lied to the public. So how will you feel if indeed you have been lied to?

The vaccine saved countless lives...this is nothing but political theatre.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Sir John Bell says nowhere that there are  70 days of protection from a booster.  There are not just 70 days of protection. That is a falsehood as I've already pointed out.

And nowhere does Sir John say the risks of getting vaccinated outweigh the risk of coming down with covid. And basing your contention in a disputed paper is dodgy.

He said that there are 70 days of protection from infection, he's not sure we needed to administer boosters, and that allowing the virus to spread among younger people so that they can gain natural immunity is a potential way forward.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yours is an early study based on preliminary data.  For something more current:

"Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. More than 657 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through December 7, 2022. During this time, VAERS received 17,868 preliminary reports of death (0.0027%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Keep in mind that the 0.0027% death reports (death reported but not necessarily caused by the vaccination) represent about 3 deaths per 100,000 people vaccinated.  The death rate from Covid infections is over 1% (one million dead and 99 million infections).  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

Nothing in life is without risk, however since you are more than 300 time more likely to die from a Covid infection than from the vaccination, vaccinations are clearly the smart choice.

Seroprevalence data shows a lot more than 99 million infections in the US and the recorded deaths are mostly among people with comorbidities. 

But it's not just deaths that need to be investigated. I'd rather not be hospitalized with myocarditis as a result of a booster that has not been shown to have any benefits for people in my age group or health status.

• Thanks 1

Yada yada yada...i had two good friends both healthy always on the go except for sitting and watching fox news....they both bought into the it's a hoax theory and refused vaccines....both died horrible covid deaths in hospital with tubes stuck down their throats thanks to all the BS <deleted> floated by people like Trump and Desantis....both their wives got shots and caught covid but nothing serious...

Coincidence?  I don't think so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

"In Florida, it is against the law to mislead and to misrepresent, particularly when you're talking about the efficacy of a drug," DeSantis said. 

Lots of things are against the law....you know like fraud, tax evasion, fomenting a coup, seditious conspiracies etc.....Lots of misleading re election results.....funny how none of that seems to much bother republicans but oh my we better investigate a vaccine that by overwhelming evidence saved millions of lives from covid.......got it.

I wonder if he's going to go after Florida's surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo. whom he appointed. Ladapo was and maybe still is a big supporter of ivermectin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

He said that there are 70 days of protection from infection, he's not sure we needed to administer boosters, and that allowing the virus to spread among younger people so that they can gain natural immunity is a potential way forward.

Yes, he said that there are 70 days of protection from infection. Which is not what you claimed. You claimed that the covid vaccine was ineffective after 70 days. Unfortunately, the mods deleted the post containing that falsehood, or I would quoted it here.

There’s a remarkable concession appearing in The Washington Post:

“a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.”

The latest data shows that 58% of COVID-19 deaths in August 2022 were from people who were vaccinated or boosted. Based on past figures and the current trends, we can reasonably estimate that the number of vaccinated/boosted COVID-19 deaths will only rise. (In September 2021, the vaccinated accounted for 23% of COVID-19 deaths; in January/February 2022, the vaccinated were 42%.)

This is what happens when you rush ineffective and dangerous vaccines. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

Seroprevalence data shows a lot more than 99 million infections in the US and the recorded deaths are mostly among people with comorbidities. 

But it's not just deaths that need to be investigated. I'd rather not be hospitalized with myocarditis as a result of a booster that has not been shown to have any benefits for people in my age group or health status.

OK.....

I gave properly sourced numbers, you give speculation.  No point in continuing.

3 hours ago, dotcalm said:

“a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.”

The latest data shows that 58% of COVID-19 deaths in August 2022 were from people who were vaccinated or boosted. Based on past figures and the current trends, we can reasonably estimate that the number of vaccinated/boosted COVID-19 deaths will only rise. (In September 2021, the vaccinated accounted for 23% of COVID-19 deaths; in January/February 2022, the vaccinated were 42%.)

It's a paywalled site. You claim that the majority died because they were vaccinated is not what the article says.

3 hours ago, dotcalm said:

"This is what happens when you rush ineffective and dangerous vaccines."

Sounds like you're attacking Operation Warp Speed.  Let me find out who was in charge of that....

• Haha 1

Just now, heybruce said:

OK.....

I gave properly sourced numbers, you give speculation.  No point in continuing.

Not speculation, I just thought you had the ability to research the numbers for yourself but clearly not so here they are:

'By November 9, 2022, 94% (95% CrI, 79%-99%) of the US population were estimated to have been infected by SARS-CoV-2 at least once.'

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.11.19.22282525v3

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Not speculation, I just thought you had the ability to research the numbers for yourself but clearly not so here they are:

'By November 9, 2022, 94% (95% CrI, 79%-99%) of the US population were estimated to have been infected by SARS-CoV-2 at least once.'

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.11.19.22282525v3

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

• Like 1