Thai man dead, had "genitals ripped apart" in Pit Bull attack - owner says he's had enough of his pets

webfact

11 hours ago, phetphet said:

In the UK:  dogs are considered “pit bull type” if they meet a substantial number of 15 physical features outlined by the DEFRA and copied directly from a 1977 issue of the American periodical Pit Bull Gazette.

The gazette you mention doesn't exist because there is no breed of dog called 'Pit Bull'. It's a collective name to cover these breeds.

• Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Staffy) 
  • American Pit Bull Terrier. 
  • American Staffordshire Terrier (AmStaff)
  • American Bully
  • Bull Terrier.

You failed to put the full gazette title of 'American Pit Bull Terrier Gazette'.  American Pit Bull Terrier Gazette Volume 44 Issue 2

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The gazette you mention doesn't exist because there is no breed of dog called 'Pit Bull'. It's a collective name to cover these breeds.

• American Bully
  • Bull Terrier.

You failed to put the full gazette title of 'American Pit Bull Terrier Gazette'.  American Pit Bull Terrier Gazette Volume 44 Issue 2

Here is the link that I took it from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160292/

We are talking about Pit Bull type dogs. 

• Like 2

" He said that he has had enough of looking after the dogs and would get them another home. "

Get them another home where they can kill again?  

In the UK this dog would have been put down straight away, with or without the owners consent.  But this is Thailand where life is cheap and safety is non existent. 

13 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I didn't say there wasn't a difference in scale, but the morality of killing a living entity is the same, particularly when one is supposed to have control over its decisions and the other obviously isn't. If you can't understand that then it's me who feels sorry for you. 

You used the word 'Same" that means no difference but ok whatever.

did you pick up the nice doggies already?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Another attack .....when will the powers that be realise these dogs 

are very dangerous ,especially with owners who have no idea how

to control them , expect nothing to happen until someone famous

or influential is attacked or killed ... 

regards worgeordie

Define "these dogs". 

That's the problem. The dog in the OP is clearly a cross breed. A test would be required to confirm the precise heritage but as i said before it looks like a Mastiff Bulldog cross. Certainly not an American Pitbull Terrier (and I know, I have owned them as well as Staffordshire Bull Terriers and have studied the breeds in some depth). 

Banning the breed is ridiculous. It's like banning black people due proportionally higher crime rates and then finding yourself in a conversation with Thomas Sowell and trying to explain why "his type" should be banned. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In conclusion, it does not matter whether or not a particular breed is generally regarded as family friendly or owner focussed as long as the animal has been properly trained by a knowledgeable and responsible owner. 

The 3 dogs in this case obviously never benefitted from proper care and just moving them to a new place is utterly irresponsible. They remain a deadly danger to anybody crossing their path - unless the new owner is a "certified dog whisperer", dedicating his life to the near impossible task of

re-adjusting the behavioral traits.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

So, you claim the victim was taunting the dogs. I can hardly believe what people write. The dogs attacked and killed a guy coming home with candles to eat dinner by. 

rubbish about taunting ..in our soi 3 Stafford bull terriers behind a gate ..mad as F my kids are afraid to ride their bikes last the place  my kids don't Taunt...but we can say nothing one reason dogs rule ..second I'm a foreigner..dogs definitely got more rights eh ..stupid Thai laws when if come to dogs need a politician or 2 to get his balls ripped off ..maybe they might think again eh

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, traveller101 said:

In conclusion, it does not matter whether or not a particular breed is generally regarded as family friendly or owner focussed as long as the animal has been properly trained by a knowledgeable and responsible owner. 

The 3 dogs in this case obviously never benefitted from proper care and just moving them to a new place is utterly irresponsible. They remain a deadly danger to anybody crossing their path - unless the new owner is a "certified dog whisperer", dedicating his life to the near impossible task of

re-adjusting the behavioral traits.

kill them only option ..tasted blood not going to stop them now

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

There is an old saying. "One dog is one dog, two dogs is five".  Three dogs allowed to run free together is a disaster waiting to happen.  They become a marauding pack who edge each other on and are super difficult to control. 

I was naive to this we’ve got 7 dogs and 3 puppies that singularly or as a pair are ok but when a chicken wonders in and the one dog that will chase a chicken pursues it they are start. Mind you who decides which animals take precedence ? My neighbours are ready to kill our dogs if a chicken gets hurt but if it kills a rat that’s ok. 

3 hours ago, jvs said:

You used the word 'Same" that means no difference but ok whatever.

did you pick up the nice doggies already?

Not really. The morality is the same, the difference in scale I refer to is the penalty exacted by society for different immoral acts. Stealing a million as against stealing a fiver. Chopping off a person's head as against deliberately stepping on a bug . Do you see now? 

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

• American Bully
  • Bull Terrier.

Still denying and still trying to divert as usual.

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Here is the link that I took it from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160292/

We are talking about Pit Bull type dogs. 

Most of understand, but he is in denial and doesn't WANT to understand or face the truth and the reality.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

find another  home and usually mild mannered, where have I seen this before? to to long ago in another Pit Bull attack!  this breed of dog  is violent! and time and time again the Thai's find that out! The owner's should be completely responsible both financial and criminal!  but this is Thailand and it will happen again.

26 minutes ago, gunner1 said:

find another  home and usually mild mannered, where have I seen this before? to to long ago in another Pit Bull attack!  this breed of dog  is violent! and time and time again the Thai's find that out! The owner's should be completely responsible both financial and criminal!  but this is Thailand and it will happen again.

Pit Bull is a collective name. Which particular breed of the collective 5 are you referring to?

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

Still denying and still trying to divert as usual.

Most of understand, but he is in denial and doesn't WANT to understand or face the truth and the reality.

All deflection...  

My Dog which chewed the face off a child was not a Pitt Bull Terrier.... it was actually Staffordshire Bull Terrier...   So, thats ok then !!!!

All of these breeds (and others) have reputations for a reason...   Even Chihuahua have a reputation for being evil little bas£ards and I wouldn’t have them anywhere near children....  the difference is that due to size they inflict less damage and are easier to stop when triggered. 

So... Breed and sub-breed can be argued all day long - but if you someone has one of those dogs traditionally referred to as ‘Pitt Bull Terrier’ then they really need to be trained knowledgeable and fully responsible owners. 

Any owner whose dog attacks someone deserver to face penalties. 

And yes, the natural deflection to this is ‘children’... and yet, if my 6 year old son gets hold of a gun or the keys to my car and maims of kills someone I should be held fully responsible. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, Brickbat said:

Last week , 2 dogs killed a meter reader ( Elec ) in Australia.  Within a week the dogs were put down. 
what rationale is it to “ find a new home” for dogs that kill ? 

exactly mate ..but don't forget OZ is a civilized country and out of the dark ages when it comes to dogs 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, LittleBear57 said:

Just remembered, where I used to live in Sattahip a house just round the corner had seven dogs. Absolutely crazy and she used to just let them out on the street to do their business. Some of them were very aggressive and it was best not to go out until they had gone back in. They also had a young daughter and she was badly bitten around her face needing many (over 40 if I remember correctly) stitches which I'm sure would leave her scarred for life. Believe it or not they didn't get rid of the dogs as "We don't know which one attacked her". Any normal person would have got rid of all the dogs. Mind you any sane person would not have had 7 dogs in the first place. They looked just like Soi dogs which is probably where they came from in the first place and just bred. This just sums up some Thai people's mentality I'm afraid.

you hit the nail on the head there mate Normal People which thsis are not when it comes to these dogs ..eh

• Like 1