800K Check

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They can check that you have met the financial requirements when you apply for your next annual extension. 

Many offices will always check at renewal, there are reports of a renewal being refused if the minimums have not been kept, even if the shortfall was small and short lived.

If you fall into this category you should see reports from your immigration office. You may decide that an agent can help you and that the cost is low enough that it is the best option.

In general I do not advise using agents for many reasons, but this maybe the best worst option.

TIT YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

You get a piece of paper with the date on it when you apply for the retirement extension. 

That has been done (not always) by places such as Jomtien.

This topic has been covered many times.

There is no record of reporting back at 3 month mark.

There is no receipt given for the report.

It's a nonsense. Don't bother with it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Many offices will always check at renewal, there are reports of a renewal being refused if the minimums have not been kept, even if the shortfall was small and short lived

That's exactly what I posted and yes it's something that immigration offices are very strict on even for small short falls. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering how Immigration could ask someone for a bank book check prior to extension, if that person is doing all their 90 day reports online.

Doing 90-day address reports has nothing to do with your bank balance or any check of your bank balance for extension purposes.  As noted, some offices at the time of granting an annual extension tell you to come back 3 months later to check your bank balance (to make sure you've maintained the proper amount during that time period) but, apparently per the advice given above, you can ignore returning then and they'll just check the annual balance when you apply for your next annual extension.  Thankfully, Chiangmai Immigration doesn't bother with asking anyone to return 3 months later.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are couple offices that may ask for 3 month bank book check.

Jomtien being a notable one.

Ignore it. 

They can check that you have met the financial requirements when you apply for your next annual extension. 

From my experience, at Jomtien,the checks are very very thorough. Even though, I leave in excess of 800k in that account, all year.. They look at all the transactions ,all year... Very closely.. 

10 minutes ago, murraynz said:

From my experience, at Jomtien,the checks are very very thorough. Even though, I leave in excess of 800k in that account, all year.. They look at all the transactions ,all year... Very closely.. 

Yes.

Which part of my posts have indicated anything otherwise.

The immigration offices are very strict on checking the financials are met.

That has nothing to do with an office requiring a bankbook check 3 months after extention.

It's not necessary. 

Those that deal with Jomtien (and others) can ignore that request if it is given. 

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You get a piece of paper with the date on it when you apply for the retirement extension. 

IME it is not checked at Chiang Rai Immigration, not for the 3 extensions I have done there.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:04 PM, Tod Daniels said:

I thought it was anecdotally interesting enough to post to show 3 months is NOT 90 days

Actually, if you renew in February, 3 months is 90 days, and change -- except in leap year, when 3 months is exactly 90 days. Nevermind.

• Haha 1