Twitter suspends journalists who have been covering Elon Musk and the company

Scott

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Did Musk or Twitter specifically say that whoever this person is was suspended for doxxing?  Perhaps he already deleted his hateful tweet or whatever it was that got him suspended.   I believe there are more things that people can receive a suspension for than just doxxing.   Anyway, I don't work for Twitter - you would need to ask them if you care about this person so much.    

Musk himself claimed it was for doxxing in twitter spaces. No tweet deleted check as confirmed by Matt and confirmed by web archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20221215060045/https://twitter.com/MattBinder

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, James105 said:

Did Musk specifically state the reasons for their suspension was this?   I haven't seen that.   They must have broken some rule though hence they got banned.  They are just in shock as they were allowed to be as hateful as they wanted against anyone who didn't agree with the narrative and now they find themselves on the same playing field as everyone else and are having a big old cry about it.

But anyway, why is it in the public interest to have live tracking of his jet on a public platform and why is this a first amendment issue?  

Translation:  You don't know why these people were banned, and neither do the people who were banned. 

How is this protecting freedom of speech?

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

This just take snapshots of sites at random times.  It may have missed the hateful tweet he (possibly) made and deleted.   I am not prepared to take his word about his innocence as like most journalists, they have the tendency to make up the facts that support whatever narrative they are trying to support.   Twitter have the info, and as mentioned you would need to ask them why he got banned.

What hateful tweet are you referring to? Who said he posted a hateful tweet? A tweet that is deleted still has a deletion notification (deleted by the account holder). I don't have to ask anyone why it suspended. Musk already confirmed it was for doxxing. You keep missing that.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, James105 said:

I asked why it is in the public interest as I am struggling to understand why the left is having a temper tantrum because they can't use Twitter to see where his private jet is currently located and have to use an alternative site to get this info.

Where did I say I supported banning anything.   Stop creating straw men, it's pathetic.   

You're the one who raised the issue about public interest as a criterion for whether or not an account should be banned from Twitter. How else could one rationally construe your motives for raising the issue?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, James105 said:

Why is the left having a breakdown because they cannot track musks jet live on Twitter and have to use a different site?   The hill to die on regarding freedom of speech was when a sitting president got banned from the platform, even if you did not agree (or even hated) his views and what he stood for.   If you did not do that then you forfeit your right to complain about freedom of speech as you effectively only care about freedom of speech that is speech you agree with, which is the opposite of what is meant by freedom of speech.  

Hopefully you can see that January 6 was a different, fluid, and unprecedented situation involving the attempt to illegitimately keep the presidency. You probably accept now that all his election fraud stuff is nonsense and that the steps he took were bad for the United States. This in a brave new world where said President can communicate with millions in seconds. I won't recount the opportunities he was given not to be cancelled but long cut short, even if you say they made the wrong decision long term, you can hopefully see the logic of the decision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

I am struggling to understand why the left is having a temper tantrum because they can't use Twitter to see where his private jet is currently

I'm struggling to understand why you think this is a left vs right thing. How the hell does anyone wanting or not wanting to see this kind of data make them Dem, GOP, black, white, old, young or anything else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

UN expresses 'serious concerns' despite reinstatement of journalist on Twitter

The United Nations rights chief expressed relief at Twitter CEO Elon Musk’s decision to reinstate several journalists on the social media platform but said that "serious concerns remain".

The move was seen by many as an attack on press freedom and most international groups asked for the suspension to be lifted. Even the United Nations chief Antonio Guterres called it a "dangerous precedent at a time when journalists all over the world are facing censorship, physical threats and even worse."

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/un-expresses-serious-concerns-despite-reinstatement-of-journalist-on-twitter/ar-AA15o3Xp

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, James105 said:

I'm not American but I just saw bits on the news with mild amusement with regards what happened on that day.   Compared to the scale of the violence during the BLM riots that were incited by the media (and this kind of incitement to violence was acceptable on Twitter) it was a kids tea party.   If the media can get you to believe that that was an attempted coup then America has far bigger problems than whether or not Elon Musks jet should be allowed to be tracked on Twitter.   

Other than the Capitol police who were seriously injured and died as a direct result of the riot of course. The Capitol police have recognised officer Sicknik's suicide as being in the line of duty.

source: already linked previously.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He is most definitely allowed to make his own rules. The EU is also allowed to impose sanctions and advertisers are allowed to remove their advertising. That's the wonderful thing about free speech. The right wing don't get that this is a double edged sword. Remember when Texas tried to force Twitter to not ban the wingnuts in court? Which way do you guys want it. It seems like both when it suits them.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/16/texas-social-media-law/

At this rate it won't be too long before he starts suspending people for linking to Wikipedia

image.png.bae67107ffd7349eabbe03f522caf2a4.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604204799209402368

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"Now from people who championed conservatives being banned for speaking inconvenient truths........"

Or, as we who live outside the Twilight Zone like to call it, lying through their teeth.

But I agree with you that it's quite hilarious watching this train wreck from the outside. Poor Elon, from rock star to trump-like whiner in a matter of weeks.

You spelled winner wrong ????

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well, technically she isn't in the media but this is allowed apparently, as long as it is for the right cause of course.   Just imagine if Trump had actually used this phrase instead of just saying he wasn't going to bother going to the inauguration.   I'm sure you would have been equally placid about that ... right?  

Don't know where you come from but you might try to get a little better acquainted with the English language. Remember: context is everything

call to arms

noun phrase

: a summons to engage in active hostilities
: a summons, invitation, or appeal to undertake a particular course of action
a political call to arms
  • Like 2