Pattaya pub raided once again by police for allegedly repeatedly violating legal closing time

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — An alleged repeated closing time offender was raided once again by Pattaya police at dawn today, December 18th.

At 2:46 AM, past the legal closing time, Pattaya law enforcement stated to the Thai media that they were carrying out their patrol as usual to ensure compliance to legal closing times of 2AM in Pattaya when they came across the two-storey venue that houses As Friends and 69.1 Club Prive nightclub in Lk Metro.

The Pattaya News notes that legal closing times can differ based on entertainment zone and are legally between midnight and 2AM.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/18/pattaya-pub-raided-once-again-by-police-for-allegedly-repeatedly-violating-legal-closing-time/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Soi Khao Noi this morning (up by Murphy's Irish Bar) had music (thump, thump) booming out at 05.15am this morning and every morning. There is a metal shack that resembles a karaoke bar. I know the time because that is the same time our alarm is set to wake grandson up for school. But we never need the alarm and mostly awake from that awful racket. I am surprised nobody has complained and they having a visit from local B.I.B. They look like they could never afford a brown envelope, maybe that's why no B.I.B has bothered visiting them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, leither69 said:

You could always make the call!!

Yes. City Hall 1337 and then 9 for English. Available 24 hours every day. Or the police station in your area. Better and quicker results but not always English speaking people there:

Banglamung Station
038 221 331
Pattaya Police Station
038 420 802 to 5
Jomtien Police Station
038 232 330

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

Yes, but don't give your name or address?????

They never asked me. Neither 1337 nor the police. Of course they see the phone number. But I never had a problem. If you live here more than 2 decades you need them sometimes. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Simply do the same as in England. Take away the till and it's a private party.

That's a bit of a falsehood Owl. I know this for a fact as I had a couple of pubs previously and fell foul of the law. We'd been out all evening (Coach full from the pub) at Market Rasen races. Stopped off at Bawtry on the way home then back to my Pub when they pounced. I told them I'd had a good win at the races and I was buying/paying for all the drinks whilst they waited for taxis home.

Didn't work although I thought it would. Bone Fide friends are allowed to stay and have a drink at your expense as landlord. The problem I had was there was around 50 people in the pub. Guilty as charged m'lud.????

I don't think the coach driver helped, he was hoping to service one of the local girls and came into the pub having parked up the side of the pub, never mind.????

7 hours ago, sotonowl said:

That's a bit of a falsehood Owl. I know this for a fact as I had a couple of pubs previously and fell foul of the law. We'd been out all evening (Coach full from the pub) at Market Rasen races. Stopped off at Bawtry on the way home then back to my Pub when they pounced. I told them I'd had a good win at the races and I was buying/paying for all the drinks whilst they waited for taxis home.

Didn't work although I thought it would. Bone Fide friends are allowed to stay and have a drink at your expense as landlord. The problem I had was there was around 50 people in the pub. Guilty as charged m'lud.????

I don't think the coach driver helped, he was hoping to service one of the local girls and came into the pub having parked up the side of the pub, never mind.????

Thanks for that Owl. What happened when you admitted the terrible deed in court?

We had regular afters at the 'Cat and Sparrow' back in the day.

Not 50 of us, but a regular 8/10. Can't recall any peelers coming round.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that Owl. What happened when you admitted the terrible deed in court?

We had regular afters at the 'Cat and Sparrow' back in the day.

Not 50 of us, but a regular 8/10. Can't recall any peelers coming round.

The going rate at the time was £200 but I got away with £100 so they probably had a bit of sympathy for me. The fine wasn't the worrying thing though, that was the Brewster Sessions when your licence was up for renewal and the coppers object. I got through that though but had to get up and bare my backside.

Then I had them in again in the next pub but I think that was down to the ex-wife having grassed me up. Again, got around 40/45 in, big bang on the door so I manage to shhhhhh everyone up and I open the door. Copper says "Are you drinking in there?",

"Yes" I tell him.

Copper "How many you got in?"

Me "Oh. only a few."

Copper "Can I come in and have a look."

Me "Gulp. yeah come in."

My private door led behind the bar and 2 coppers come in. Sergeant and a Constable.

Copper " Fxxx me, thy has got a few in ant da. Gi em another half hour and then gradually get em off home." 

Proper policing.

• Like 1