Flybird Condo

JimTripper

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

ThT could be made into something hice, compared to rent you coud get your money back in 5 years !

Seems too good to be true to be honest.????

I usually pay around 18-20k a month in rent so it would break even in under 2 years.

Edited by JimTripper

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Are there any pluses on costss ? Maintenance/service fees etc ?

Probably pretty low if there are.

I’m safe buying through an agent, right?

Is there anything I need to worry about just letting it sit empty and leaving the country, or would I need to be around watching it?

There's been a few of them popping up, that one certainly looks in better shape than the ones I've seen. For example, saw this on FB earlier today for 350,000 Bht.

320123963_970749543885693_46312691495397

Way too small for me personally, by the time you get a kitchen in (if desired), a bed and wardrobe and try and do something with what passes as a bathroom won't be much room for much else. But I could see it having potential if someone can handle the size. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Foreign or Thai allocation?

The ones I've seen have been either (i.e. the foreign quota hasn't been filled) or specifically mentions foreign quota.

Case in point, the one I mentioned above:

Facebook (4).png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The ones I've seen have been either (i.e. the foreign quota hasn't been filled) or specifically mentions foreign quota.

Case in point, the one I mentioned above:

Usually impacts price....anyhow, just prompting to see if ownership criteria had been considered. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Usually impacts price....anyhow, just prompting to see if ownership criteria had been considered. 

I asked someone on FB why the asking price was 300K extra for a foreigner for a place advertised as Thai or Foreign quota given it wouldn't be anywhere near that even if it had to be transferred ... surprisingly no answer ????‍♂️ ????

Edited by Salerno

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

My big question is whether you will be happy in this project, compared to what you have been staying at in the past.  Only you can answer that.  If the answer is yes, I would check the projects financials and check out the project itself to see how it is being maintained.  If they pass muster, I say go for it.

I agree. If you can be happy staying there then go for it. It's how i bought my first condo 17 years ago. It can be your base/storage facility ect.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Celsius said:

399k to stay in prison.

Up to u

I thought of that, but looking back even the more expensive rooms I have been in, and even nice hotels, have often just been a rectangular room with windows on one end with nice furniture in there.

So what’s the difference here. Put in some nice furniture and it becomes a nice, although admittingly small, apartment inside.

One thing that puts me off it is the lack of a balcony though. I like to sit outside so that may be a dealbreaker. It would be better if it had a sit on balcony.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

One thing that puts me off it is the lack of a balcony though. I like to sit outside so that may be a dealbreaker. It would be better if it had a sit on balcony.

It looks like the balcony has been filled in, you could always revert back.

• Like 1

The difference between this and hotel room is that you are not stuck in a hotel room. Another difference between this and another shoebox condo are facilities. Yes, to some people they are useless, but to others they offer the opportunity to escape the tiny room and perhaps give the illusion that they are somehow less confined. 

On the other hand this may be a good rental opportunity. The less things there are inside, the less likely are things to break. This is particularly a maintenance free rental which I wish it existed in Canada. However, people need to be realistic, This is not 5k a month rental..... maybe 2.5k rental.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It looks like the balcony has been filled in, you could always revert back.

Looks the best place to have a kitchen there, have a bed that folds up to the wall, nice 50inch TV on the wall ,sofa and a few mirrors make it look bigger, bargain...

26 sqm is going to be very small for fitting in a bathroom and kitchen, and I guess wall fittings would be the order of the day for things like a TV.

I'd suggest it would suit a single person. A couple would be at each others' throats after a while.

The swimming pool is a plus. IMO it would pay to check noise levels through the walls, and the reliability of water and electricity supply.

The op is probably looking at a minimum budget of half a million baht, apart from the price itself, to make it livable.

12 hours ago, CharlieH said:

That could be made into something nice, compared to rent you coud get your money back in 5 years !

Seems too good to be true to be honest.

How could you get your money back in 5 years? It will also required 100K for furniture/AC. Let's say you rent it for 2K. How many years it will take to get your money back?

Edited by Onerak

8 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Let's say you rent it for 2K. How many years it will take to get your money back?

It's not about renting it for 2K, it's about the 18-20K per month dead money the OP is currently spending on rent.

30 minutes ago, Salerno said:

it's about the 18-20K per month dead money

If OP is renting now 18K/month, I bet he can't live here. Please check the prices in Facebook market place what you can get for 18K/month in Pattaya. This is good for giving as a gift to your Pattaya sugar baby. May be he can upgrade it to this standard. Not sure how much it will cos though.

Edited by Onerak